You're gearing wrong! Info for The People

Arenas
Too bad that you completely ignore the fact that you have to grind this crap just to be viable.
08/18/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Jenelope
Too bad that you completely ignore the fact that you have to grind this crap just to be viable.

I didn't ignore it I just simply am trying to show what to grind to make it easier. Honestly I like grinding gear just wish there was PvP vendors to spend currency on.
08/18/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Abombanation
08/18/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Bertimus
On 120 beta, pve trinket effects were reduced in the arena instance. Random bgs and world pvp work differently.

How did you test that? On Glad sanctum you couldn't PvE and no BGs were popping? Did you use an on use PvE trinket and get different results?

If that is how it works then I guess BGs will be lulz but really doesn't make sense that trinkets would work full force in there and not in Arena. Guess we shall see unless skirms function like Arena.

Edit- Just did a skirmish and my PvE trinket was 100% effect. I just don't see 120 PvE trinkets being 75% less efficient. Like they didn't tune them because they feel they are balanced. Unless I am missing something. Guess time will tell but all test now they work.

I used details. Iirc even in legion some things worked in random bgs that didn’t in arenas.

Another thing I wanted to mention for those of you trying to figure out what stats and traits to go for based on stuff like icy veins pve weights:

Your best stats in pve aren’t always your best stats in arenas. Same with traits. However - it’s important to look at the actual weights and not just x>y>z. For a lot of specs, simply having MORE stats is better than having perfect stats because their weights are so close. For bm hunter as an example, crit mastery and versatility are all about equal in pve, with haste only slightly behind. Because of crit being 50% in pve, the stats are all basically interchangeable.
ilvl matters more than what people are stating
08/18/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Bertimus
I used details. Iirc even in legion some things worked in random bgs that didn’t in arenas.

Well I testing it now and with both PvE trinkets they are the same. I just don't think we should assume that Pre patch nerf to 110 trinkets was for 120 trinkets that are supposed to have a full effect in PvP. At least it seems that way regardless Trinket slots are a big deal and if they roll Sockets or Speed then that could make or break the trinket as well. (RNG heaven i know)

08/18/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Bertimus
Another thing I wanted to mention for those of you trying to figure out what stats and traits to go for based on stuff like icy veins pve weights:

Your best stats in pve aren’t always your best stats in arenas. Same with traits. However - it’s important to look at the actual weights and not just x>y>z. For a lot of specs, simply having MORE stats is better than having perfect stats because their weights are so close.

Yea never like Icyveins and now with real PvP coming back kinda sucks that Arena Junkies didn't make it through Legion. RIP.
08/18/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Abombanation
08/18/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Death
You forgot to mention one thing. Try and get mythic azerite main pieces as well. As those provide 4 buffs. not 3. So your secondary tier is a second damage buff ability.

btw they tuned the level u need for stuff. only need 17 for mythic azerites to wear 2 traits.

Well I didn't mention that because that isn't a High priority before the season starts and again if you get Mythic Azerite you can't use it yet. You need 13,500 Azerite from lvl 16 to 17. You got a long grind first.

Yes obviously Epic quality 4 slot gear is important but you got to be able to use it first and you probably will get it from PvP anyways. If not then after the season starts you can target mythics.

Soddapoppin made a tragic mistake of scrapping his blue gear after getting Epic quality. Now he is stuck with locked traits. He cried a bit and now is grinding Azerite to use the gear he has since he had no traits. Don't make that mistake :) Work on your Heart of Azeroth first. Other wise just grinding to grind.

Uhhh. As far as Im aware you can reforge your traits right next to the transmog guy.

I've used it and tested it out.
08/18/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Nipsxo
Uhhh. As far as Im aware you can reforge your traits right next to the transmog guy.

Yes you can and?
08/18/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Abombanation
08/18/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Nipsxo

Yes you can and?

Then why is he crying about locked traits if you can reforge them?
We still have no confirmation that the post the other day about how stats scale in arena is true.

I would continue going for max i lvl stat priority (while not throwing away gear that does have ideal stats). At least until we find a good way to test it.
Nowhere did the devs ever state PvE trinkets at 120 would have reduced effectiveness in PvP. The change specifically mentioned 110 trinkets. I have no doubt 120 PvE trinkets will be 100% effective in PvP.
Yeah, while I think azerite traits are very important. I also think gear is going to play a big part in pvp now.

I haven't seen a single blue/dev post to contradict this.. I've seen multiple posts from random players but nothing that confirms that.

Continue grinding dungeons for gear until further notice.

Have a great weekend!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes you can and?

Traits are locked till you are the required level to unlock them. You must level up your heart of Azeroth to unlock the traits. They are locked until then. Some traits require lvl 17, 20, 22 etc.. etc.. So they won't work until you reach that level.

Right now I am trying to get to lvl 17 to unlock a big Heal on one of my Armors. This trait atm is currently locked for me. It won't function till you reach the required level.
08/18/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Abombanation
08/18/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Nipsxo

Traits are locked till you are the required level to unlock them. You must level up your heart of Azeroth to unlock the traits. They are locked until then. Some traits require lvl 17, 20, 22 etc.. etc.. So they won't work until you reach that level.

My bad. I thought you meant something else...

I don't know how he didn't see that coming though. If you read anything on wowhead or anywhere else they explained that additional traits were available at certain levels.
08/18/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Nipsxo
08/18/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Abombanation

My bad. I thought you meant something else...

I don't know how he didn't see that coming though. If you read anything on wowhead or anywhere else they explained that additional traits were available at certain levels.

People make mistakes. Especially when grinding 24hrs at a time lol.
I 100% agree. It's really bad when you get an epic azerite piece but you artifact is so low you cant unlock the bonus sockets.
Also note the hotfix from yesterday. You should be able to have the outer trait on all 3 pieces at 15 which is not super hard at all.
08/18/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Abombanation
People that complain about low secondaries the Champions of Azeroth reputation gives 15 item levels for each new tier to your Heart. I am working on Honored to get another 15 item lvls. This is your stat stick. So get those stats!!

To add on to this go to the AH and buy a contract for Champions of Azeroth (it requires Friendly, not hard) this makes it so EVERY world quest you do gives 10 rep. Doesn't sound like much but when you're going around doing 10 that's 100 rep, 200 if you're a human. Get that ilvl boost.
08/18/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Abombanation
It's great you are 330+ item level but you will do less damage/healing than someone that is 300 item level that has the right slots and ALL Azerite traits unlocked.

Sounds like a great system, glad I haven't thrown my money away on this xpac
08/18/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Bertimus
Also note the hotfix from yesterday. You should be able to have the outer trait on all 3 pieces at 15 which is not super hard at all.

Hmmm weird I still have some at 17? I guess all new pieces that drop?

08/18/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Ahlaina
To add on to this go to the AH and buy a contract for Champions of Azeroth (it requires Friendly, not hard) this makes it so EVERY world quest you do gives 10 rep. Doesn't sound like much but when you're going around doing 10 that's 100 rep, 200 if you're a human. Get that ilvl boost.

Yea super Pro tip wish I had done this earlier. Oh well. Ill get it done.
What are expeditions?