Prot pally opinions?

Paladin
Sadly, I planned to main a warrior and tank. Everyone seems to hate Prot warr right now due to the GCD changes and some other issues I have read on the forums. I also see quite a few videos of rank rankings that rate warrior fairly low. It seems Paladin's are middle of the pack.

So, how are you guys liking Prot Pally? I may end up changing to it since I want to tank this expansion and will probably be getting into M+. Prot Pally is my only other tank I have somewhat neat BFA levels so it would be my pick so long as everyone seems to like it.
I've mained a Paladin tank since Legion and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the Prot Paly set has solid aggro, cooldowns and AoE abilities to keep things in line. I have noticed that my DPS has dropped quite a bit hitting 120 but that's to be expected with everything scaling up.

Unfortunately I've never played a Prot Warrior so I couldn't really tell you the big differences between the two, but my personal perspective is favorable with the Protection Paladin. If you are really wanting to try something different though and find the best ranked tank continue to do research and see what the community says.
I don't necessarily need the best, I just want something fun to play. I love warrior, but the complaints coming from players doing what I want to do are valid and I would hate it as well. Prot seems middle of the pack in a lot of rankings I see and they do seem like fun to tank with. Brewmaster would take waaay to long to level and I just didn't like DH when I tried leveling one.

My DK is quite a bit lower level than the Pally so Pally would be my go-to as long as the consensus seems to be it is decent.
If you’re having fun with your warrior tank then tank with your warrior. Play what you enjoy and don’t go by the opinions of other people because they are opinions. If you like your class you will take the time to understand it and make it work. On that note yes Paladins are awesome but I play every spec and enjoy every spec regardless of the whining you hear from these forums because everyone has something to whine about.
08/19/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Ironz
If you’re having fun with your warrior tank then tank with your warrior. Play what you enjoy and don’t go by the opinions of other people because they are opinions. If you like your class you will take the time to understand it and make it work. On that note yes Paladins are awesome but I play every spec and enjoy every spec regardless of the whining you hear from these forums because everyone has something to whine about.

this is pretty solid advice also keep in mind too, just cause something is bad now doesnt it mean itll stay like that. This i why its important to play what you enjoy...Cause you maybe be top dog today and after a few hot fixes you bottom of the barrel. But if you enjoying the class or lore or playstyle the changes arent as bad cause youll adapt cause you are enjoying the class
Certain tanks are better at certain fights in the raid. The best example for warriors is that despite their low rankings, warriors are the best tank for the hardest tank fight in the raid, ghuun. Basically ghuun donkey punches the tank every time they swap, such that you consistently need sognifigamt mitigation each time you tank him. Prot warriors are the only ones that can reset all of their significant cooldowns, by the rime they have to tank again. So keep warrior and have fun
I'm enjoying prot, I'm also bias towards paladins.

As others said before: great defensive cooldowns, amazing AoE and fun to play. I would say ignore the fotm and play what you enjoy - you'll have more fun in the long run.