Do you need that?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
If the same person is continually harrasing me about a piece of gear, that's obviously rude, but I'm not going to get mad at someone for asking once.

Half the time I don't even notice I got a whisper until the end of the dungeon. It's not that annoying.
It’s also a meme now because of the end of Legion.

Just laugh and enjoy your day.
Also, I had this one person im me after the run with "can I have that?"

I didn't need it so I was like "sure"

I was camped in Boralus at the time, so stayed there for like ten minutes...

.. never heard anything else from them. okidoki I guess.
Everyone here's so offended. Just don't reply, easy.
i'll give gear away since I know exactly what I need and dont need. However if someone asks for the peice before I even have time to ask if anyone wants it you better believe the answer is no.
Say yes I do, problem solved.
People won't be happy until NOTHING is tradable and then they'll be on GD complaining about THAT.
"They wanted to trade with me and it was a lower ilvl FIX THIS BLIZZARD"!!!

Just tell them NO.
Just respond with some nonsense translated into Klingon. At worst they'll say something about building a wall and then leave you alone.
Oh screw off. Someone asking a question is not entitlement. It's a legitimate question.

I have yet to have anyone start talking crap if I just don't respond or say "Yes, I do."

If they do, you /ignore. Done.
08/19/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Zamwesell
Because drop rates are atrocious and everyone wants a crumb? I just finished my 4th dungeon. Received zero loot from any. A mage and warrior in my group received 3-6 (mage received 2 from 2 dungeons). Of course ppl are going to ask if someone needs something if they have horrible RNG. Spending hours (or really amount of time) and not being rewarded for it, is not fun!

And here i thought i was having fun doing the content. Silly me.
08/19/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Trixiew
Why is it a thing now that in pugs or random dungeons every time I get a piece of gear someone thinks they are entitled to it?

There's an AddOn some folks use. I ignore the user outright if I get insta-whispers when I acquire loot. AddOns like that are bad for the game. I will scrap it within 2min of finishing the dungeon.

Now, if someone asks me for loot through non-AddOn means...I'm far more generous (given it's not an upgrade for me).
Did you need to create this thread?
Isn’t there some addon that auto scans loot drops for the party so people can beg for upgrades? I swear I read that somewhere...

Apologies if already mentioned - I didn’t get thu the whole thread...
I don't have an issue with people asking, as long as they are polite enough to leave me alone if I do need it.

I don't really mind if they don't check my gear to see if the piece is an upgrade. Sometimes I may be running a lower ilevel piece due the stats and am willing to give up something of higher ilevel (provided the game lets me). And sometimes you might get a slightly lower ilevel piece that's actually better due to stats. An outsider can't really judge whether another player actually needs that piece - so why not ask?

On the flip side, I pretty much never ask random people if I can have their drops. I assume if they want to give it away they'll say something in chat. XD
08/19/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Azraia
Chill out.
Yes I do
Does anyone actually trade gear anymore? I mean with disenchanting and scrapping...every piece of loot has a need now.
Do whatever you want with your gear. Most people dont have a problem with someone asking. Sometimes I even inspect someone to see , because not everyone asks
i find it easier to ask if they would be interested in trading that particular piece of equipment and often get better responses when i do this
08/20/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Cyouskin
08/19/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Trixiew
Why is it a thing now that in pugs or random dungeons every time I get a piece of gear someone thinks they are entitled to it?

There's an AddOn some folks use. I ignore the user outright if I get insta-whispers when I acquire loot. AddOns like that are bad for the game. I will scrap it within 2min of finishing the dungeon.

Now, if someone asks me for loot through non-AddOn means...I'm far more generous (given it's not an upgrade for me).

Eww gross.

Yeah, I'd refuse on general principle.