If everything scales where is our sense of progression?

General Discussion
How can this still be considered an RPG?
That happens in Raids and Mythic content.
08/22/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Toiletstore
How can this still be considered an RPG?

You assume a role in a fantasy setting literally a Role Playing Game .
08/22/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Doomtinker
Then you get Mythic gear and realize that nothing has changed while fighting enemies out in the world.
If you kill things faster with higher gear, that's progression.

Simple as that.
08/22/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Orthane
08/22/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Doomtinker
Then you get Mythic gear and realize that nothing has changed while fighting enemies out in the world.

I am not experiencing this issue on my Mage or my Warrior. Perhaps you need to visit IcyVeins and learn your rotation, or check your talents.
08/22/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Azemane

Simple as that.

But stuff scales with your gear, so it's really not simple.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/994tcc/unequipping_heart_of_azeroth_and_trinkets_lowers/

Simple as that.

Which makes the inverse true as well. If you are NOT killing things faster with higher gear then you are NOT progressing.
08/22/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Zugnificent

Simple as that.

But stuff scales with your gear, so it's really not simple.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/994tcc/unequipping_heart_of_azeroth_and_trinkets_lowers/
That's a bug. There was a version of that bug in Legion. The existence of a bug doesn't invalidate the concept.

08/22/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Ephrael
Which makes the inverse true as well. If you are NOT killing things faster with higher gear then you are NOT progressing.
Can you prove that that is what's happening?
When you get good gear... I feel stronger now that i have run a few dungeons though once i get get some guild runs for mythic dungeons it will feel better but now i feel stronger than a fresh 120. Everyone should feel strong even the casuals in the basic lfr gear in a few weeks
To be honest I wouldn't really consider WoW to be much of a RPG anymore. They've been slowly stripping that away basically since Cataclysm.

Which isn't to say that the game has always been terrible since they started removing it, just that I wouldn't call it a RPG anymore.
... and if your in the same gear but character level has increased and your not hitting the same mob at least a little harder - that is also not character progression.
Wasn't there a giant uproar about this exact same thing in legion? And nothing came up of it and it was forgotten?
08/22/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Azemane

Can you prove it isn't what is happening?
08/22/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/22/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Azemane

oooh clever
That's a bug. There was a version of that bug in Legion. The existence of a bug doesn't invalidate the concept

Oh stop it. If it was a bug it wouldn't be there for weeks or months. This was done by design.

Or maybe, you can cite for us where the bug is with the leveling system as confirmed by Blizzard and their resolution for it?
What if things scale at different rates?

Half of GD is going rabble rabble rabble right now because of something they read on GD or on Reddit.
08/22/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Phydeaux
That's a bug. There was a version of that bug in Legion. The existence of a bug doesn't invalidate the concept

Oh stop it. If it was a bug it wouldn't be there for weeks or months. This was done by design.

Or maybe, you can cite for us where the bug is with the leveling system as confirmed by Blizzard and their resolution for it?
The bug was being able to unequip gear to lower enemy health.

08/22/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Ephrael
You're the one asserting that the game isn't functioning properly as designed. The repro/data is on you to provide.
Gone like Darnassus.

Simple as that.

Only at end game, max level, past a certain content and item level threshold that allows for a measurable gain over level and item level scaled mobs.