Warmode is a fail, does Blizz play Horde?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
08/26/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Sisterspite
08/26/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Manazzle
War happened in war mode.

Except when it doesn't. Don't confused 20 horde players ganking an alliance player with any semblance of "War".

I recently made a post today talking about how a group of Horde players and myself got demolished by a huge Alliance raid group. Obviously my experience doesn't represent everyone else's but it goes to show that it does indeed go both ways.

If you don't want PvP, turn off War Mode. Scenarios in which there is more of one side than the other are bound to happen. That's what makes world PvP fun and dynamic.
The Horde to Alliance ratio should really be looked at.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle.

Hardcore raiders/pvpers head to horde due to racials giving them the 0.1% advantage, as they are hardcore they will take any and every throughput advantage that exists, period.

As they go, fans and followers go with them, beckoning their friends/guildees/entire guilds to follow.

And as they go, the ceiling is lowering. Alliance who want to aspire to higher raids/rating tiers don't have the population skill density necessary to find groups/teams/guilds to do these activities. They have to go to the Horde, where everyone else went.

And it keeps on lowering, and lowering, and lowering. Until one of these things happens:

1. Alliance get racial(s) that are seen as advantageous to progression and/or PvP, and start bringing back some of the hardcore/streamers. But this will make the problem continue in the other direction, not fix it outright.

2. Racials no longer work in higher difficulty content/rated pvp. This would solve the initial problem but provide no incentive to move players to the Alliance as the developed population is already on the Horde.

3. Dynamic incentives that favor the weaker faction on a server. This could do something but would also peeve off a lot of established players on one side or the other depending on the realm. And because it will switch based on population, it doesn't account for various other factors like a high Alliance playerbase with a low raid/pvp progression speed.

Honestly, the only thing I could sincerely say is: If you are making an MMO, don't make factions. Avoid the problem altogether.
Just think of Warmode as a special perk for horde characters and move on with your life.
Alliance actually is getting some pretty good OP racials in PvP for some of their Allied Races.

Have you seen the Dark Iron Dwarf racial? It's a huge primary stat boost increased by how many bleeds, magic, poisons, diseases, etc. it removes.

Even the Void Elf racial is pretty OP in it's own merits. A blink/transcendence is amazing, and the fact that casters don't have cast delay on damage as well as the 5% proc for damage and healing is also amazing.

We still don't know what the Kul'Tiran Human racials are. Belf racial was nerfed as well so..
08/26/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Akston
Racials offer such a small difference in DPS that blaming them is childish at this point.

Do you think if racials were perfectly balanced (1:1, each side has the same ones) that anything would change?

That's not how it works.

The top players pick the side with the better racials because they care about optimization, and then all the sheep follow suit in order to emulate them.

And yes this is exactly what happened to make most top PvE guilds Horde, and this in turn had a domino effect on PvP participation as their racials were also consistently better except for Human.

Don't rewrite history for your agenda. Even Blizzard has recognized this, and they have actively made Alliance Allied Race racials better than the Horde ones. So we'll see how the wind blows.
08/26/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Manazzle
War happened in war mode.

Actually it didn't since the Alliance are not really participating.
08/26/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Xrathos
The Horde to Alliance ratio should really be looked at.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle.

Hardcore raiders/pvpers head to horde due to racials giving them the 0.1% advantage, as they are hardcore they will take any and every throughput advantage that exists, period.

As they go, fans and followers go with them, beckoning their friends/guildees/entire guilds to follow.

And as they go, the ceiling is lowering. Alliance who want to aspire to higher raids/rating tiers don't have the population skill density necessary to find groups/teams/guilds to do these activities. They have to go to the Horde, where everyone else went.

And it keeps on lowering, and lowering, and lowering. Until one of these things happens:

1. Alliance get racial(s) that are seen as advantageous to progression and/or PvP, and start bringing back some of the hardcore/streamers. But this will make the problem continue in the other direction, not fix it outright.

2. Racials no longer work in higher difficulty content/rated pvp. This would solve the initial problem but provide no incentive to move players to the Alliance as the developed population is already on the Horde.

3. Dynamic incentives that favor the weaker faction on a server. This could do something but would also peeve off a lot of established players on one side or the other depending on the realm. And because it will switch based on population, it doesn't account for various other factors like a high Alliance playerbase with a low raid/pvp progression speed.

Honestly, the only thing I could sincerely say is: If you are making an MMO, don't make factions. Avoid the problem altogether.

The only solution is buffing Alliance racials so the imbalance normalizes.

Theres nothing wrong with having 2 different factions, you just can't give one better racials in both PVP and PVE for years and expect things to be balanced
08/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Setbak
or maybe the amount of people who wanna play on the holier then thou mary sue faction has something to do with it.

Horde?

They basically only exist through plot armor and always think the are in the right.
08/26/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
Thats what happens when you don't address Horde having better racials for the 3rd expansion in a row

Alliance dominated PVP in WoD because of EMFH.
Ah yes, the difference in most classes in terms of DPS between races is...

less than 1%.

On another note, everytime I run into Vol'dun I always get outnumbered by alliance camping flight points and sometimes a group of three on the roam.
There is ~1% difference between the best and worst racials PvE wise. The only strong Horde PvP racials are Orc’s passive and Undead’s WotF. BE’s Torrent got nerfed to the ground. Racials are wildly negligible in World PvP either ways.
08/26/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou
The only solution is buffing Alliance racials so the imbalance normalizes.

They would still swarm whatever faction gives them even a .001% bonus. This would fix nothing.

The actual solution is to disable racials in instanced PvP and mythic raiding.
Void Elf and Dark Iron currently have the best Racials in my opinion. Only problem is they are locked behind Allied Races rep farming.
08/26/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Rorrand
Personally, I think it's kind of silly to imply that a lead game designer doesn't know how his game plays because he only took the time to level one character to max on Horde
]

Holinka played only alliance, do you remember WOD and Ashran???/
Squawk! Polly wants to parrot forum lies as facts for special attention crackers too!

Horde are like 111110% more thens Allies cause everything is handed to them for free cause Blizzard only cares about Horde and alliance never, ever in 13years gotten anything from them! Never ever.!
08/26/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Hruinz
Waaahhhh My class isn't best!! Waaaaahhhhh My racials don't make me OP!!! Waaaaahhhhh Horde bias!!

Ah, yeah, that is exactly how it was when Alliance had better racials.

Glad to see I’m not the only one who remembers.
08/26/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Vujishi
Void Elf and Dark Iron currently have the best Racials in my opinion. Only problem is they are locked behind Allied Races rep farming.

Hardcore raiders/players have these reps and would have swapped already.

The issue is the balance is soo off that people can’t afford to back to Alliance anymore you’re talking about 20% difference and the recruitment just isn’t there.
08/26/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Malefice
08/26/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Hruinz
Waaahhhh My class isn't best!! Waaaaahhhhh My racials don't make me OP!!! Waaaaahhhhh Horde bias!!

You mean humans for Arena and damn near nothing else.

Once threat no longer capped dps there was no point to play Alliance since Vanilla.

Sanctuary held the gates until AQ40.

RIP Blessing of Sanctuary.
08/26/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Tohopkhan
Ah yes, the difference in most classes in terms of DPS between races is...

less than 1%.

On another note, everytime I run into Vol'dun I always get outnumbered by alliance camping flight points and sometimes a group of three on the roam.

If you think DPS is what matters when it comes to racials, you don't PVP.
08/26/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Lakme
08/26/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Malefice

You mean humans for Arena and damn near nothing else.

Once threat no longer capped dps there was no point to play Alliance since Vanilla.

Sanctuary held the gates until AQ40.

RIP Blessing of Sanctuary.

There was an xpac, MoP or WoD, where for a time Alliance had better racials.

I only know ´cause the forums were flooded in Horde tears.