A Handbook on High Elf Argumentation

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
09/01/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Wyspers
09/01/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Bumblebears
Let me hit one more point to derail the argument against High elves in the alliance one more time.

Do you know whats different between the trolls we have now and the zandalari trolls we are getting? Absolutely nothing. They were identical in every way to the trolls we have now up until blizzard announced BFA where they would have a new model and DESIGN so that they could be different enough to be its own allied race.

Man if only blizzard could do the same thing with high elves and blood elves...oh wait, they can.

Editing to add this point: Give the ALLIANCE High elves that have shorter ears + celtic/runic tattoos + blue eyes. Boom new allied HIGH elf race. Why shorter ears you might ask, they have been breeding with humans obviously, then we can have jokes about how blood elves look down on them for being impure "High elves"

Maybe High Elves can have different antlers? :)

Ok new Helf allied race, Horned Elves. I need it. Malfurion hand them over.
Both Belf/Helf should have golden eyes now anyway, unless they explicitly refused to ever return to the sunwell/quel'thalas.

Do High Elves actually have the gold eye customisation? I haven't heard of a single example - the only one I can think of is Arator, but he's a Paladin so I'd err on assuming that his eyes are Light-filled because of that, rather than assuming it's a new shared trait between High and Blood Elves.
09/01/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Shynn
I'm already a high elf.

Demon hunters don't fit into a race. To quote random legion NPC "What did they do to you "Name", your more demon then elf now."
09/01/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Nindraine
Do High Elves actually have the gold eye customisation? I haven't heard of a single example - the only one I can think of is Arator, but he's a Paladin so I'd err on assuming that his eyes are Light-filled because of that, rather than assuming it's a new shared trait between High and Blood Elves.

To add to this, it would seem that only Light users benefit from gold eyes at this time as Liadrin is the only named npc I've seen with this option so far.

High Elves also seem to be independent enough of the Sunwell that hey don't seem to use it as seen at Quel'lithien when the High Elves there weren't aware the Sunwell was restored until Lor'themar pointed it out nor did they seem to care much.

The High Elves of Quel'danil abstained from the arcane, so they probably followed suit. The High Elves in Dalaran probably had other sources of mana available while those in Outland I believe made do with Draenic artifacts, so I believe this covers all groups of High Elves and why none likely need to feed on the Sunwell.

That and none are likely welcome back between their bad blood with the Blood Elves since Mists and the incident with Alleria. I believe only selct Sin'dorei themselves are permitted access for the time being.
09/01/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Nindraine
Both Belf/Helf should have golden eyes now anyway, unless they explicitly refused to ever return to the sunwell/quel'thalas.

He's also half human. So he might have never had a mana hunger.

If you want to get technical on High Elves having golden eyes, Blizzard separated the High Elf and Blood Elf model list complete so that High Elves are their own thing.

Meaning now Blood Elves can't spawn with Blue or Purple eyes and High Elves can't spawn with Green or Gold.
I for one would love to get Mogu and would totally support them, along with High Elves.

I personally do not like Tortollan due to their views on Naga, but you do you!
08/31/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Rouin
it boils down to "this is mine and you can't have anything like it because, reasons"

What it does actually come down to is that Blizz is rightly stiff-arming a handful of basically whiny people who want them to dedicate resources from making much needed improvements to the game ( The Auction House) to wasting resources to cater to a micro-niche of RP'ers who have been reading to much bad fantasy fiction.

There is no basis for HE's as a new playable race, there is no reason - good or otherwise - for HE's as a new playable. This is just special pleading from HE antagonists who want to derail the game. Because next time it'll be gnomes who look more hobbit like who have their homes in hills. And then they'll want wood-elves, light-elves, elder-elves, green-elves, sea-elves, nandor-elves or grey elves.

Lore? who cares the HE's lover will happily undermine the game with specious reasoning, of course then everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Anyone who wants a niche race will use the same BS arguments for a garbage idea.
High elves are in the game and playable. They are blood elves the only difference is politics.
I don’t get it. Aren’t the Mag’Har orcs exactly the same thing to regular orcs as high elves would be to blood elves?

All orcs are tainted by fel so they have colored eyes. Literally the only difference is this taint between the two. Yet, blizzard saw fit to make a new orc subclass without this taint.

Blood elves are tainted high elves by the energy of the sunwell. They have colored eyes. High elves would be non tainted elves.

They are literally the exact same thing. Every argument for or against high elves is the same for Mag’Har orcs.

Blizzard, you painted yourselves into a corner here.
09/01/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Pointyends
08/31/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Rouin
it boils down to "this is mine and you can't have anything like it because, reasons"

What it does actually come down to is that Blizz is rightly stiff-arming a handful of basically whiny people who want them to dedicate resources from making much needed improvements to the game ( The Auction House) to wasting resources to cater to a micro-niche of RP'ers who have been reading to much bad fantasy fiction.

There is no basis for HE's as a new playable race, there is no reason - good or otherwise - for HE's as a new playable. This is just special pleading from HE antagonists who want to derail the game. Because next time it'll be gnomes who look more hobbit like who have their homes in hills. And then they'll want wood-elves, light-elves, elder-elves, green-elves, sea-elves, nandor-elves or grey elves.

Lore? who cares the HE's lover will happily undermine the game with specious reasoning, of course then everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Anyone who wants a niche race will use the same BS arguments for a garbage idea.

None of those imaginary races you stated are in game though. High elves ARE a current race on the alliance, they're just not playable.
The only derailing is you going down a slippery slope with your non-arguments that have nothing to do with what CURRENTLY exists in-game.
Since it is known that they monitor the forums, especially posts like this one. Why don’t you give valid ideas on how to change high elves enough to become playable?

Instead you just go saying blizzard reasoning not true, blah blah blah. Sit back and be constructive with your reasoning. Several of your points are actually valid reasons not to add them or your point fails to counter it.

For example you LFD example is not valid that they are on the same faction. The major point they are not playable is the HEs will muddle the faction lines of the only difference is eye color hidden by a helm. Also it will ruin the identity of those who like VEs as well.
With the point you made in legion about them being addressed in Surumar, keep going with it. They were ridiculed for mingling with “lesser races”. Why not ask for half elves? Use SW human skeleton with BE features, allowing you to have that look and classes you want.
09/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Zestykumquat

None of those imaginary races you stated are in game though. High elves ARE a current race on the alliance, they're just not playable.
The only derailing is you going down a slippery slope with your non-arguments that have nothing to do with what CURRENTLY exists in-game.

Not as a playable race, even then it doesn't matter. Someone who has a fetish for a gnome with hairier feet will use the same BS tactics as HE's. I imagine if one looked hard enough in the game you could fine a gnome with slightly hairier feet. DING. They exists so they must be a playable race.

Ion said no. Want High Elves?

The Horde is waiting for you.
09/01/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Soulslayer
High elves are in the game and playable. They are blood elves the only difference is politics.

And Culture. Before the Storm makes this clear - Blood Elves are just as bitter as the forsaken and henceforth find their old lives distasteful.

High Elves also didn't resort to using fel energies and sucking mana out of living beings but rather used their own willpower to push through.

They also still continue to use Frost magic, something which the Blood Elves moved away from as they studied fire magic despite the fear of many believing it was demonic in nature.

Blood Elves moved away from High Elven 'norm' and adopted new hairstyles.

Blood Elves also began to use the colour of Crimson rather that the Blues.

All of which are just some examples of cultural differences between High Elves and Blood Elves.

Psst. The art department that develops models, textures etc. has nothing to do with the folks in coding and programming who would be responsible for any rebalance or tweak to the Auction House functions or costs.
08/30/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Novani
Just came by to say "Hello High Elf here" ;)
Ally get the long awaited High Elves as well as Horde getting Ogres next expac along with Spellbreaker-type class done and done.
09/01/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Pointyends
09/01/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Zestykumquat

Not as a playable race, even then it doesn't matter. Someone who has a fetish for a gnome with hairier feet will use the same BS tactics as HE's. I imagine if one looked hard enough in the game you could fine a gnome with slightly hairier feet. DING. They exists so they must be a playable race.

Ion said no. Want High Elves?

The Horde is waiting for you.

/eye roll

NO one is asking for special high elves, just high elves. Aka the ones that are already there but not playable.

NO ONE is asking for anything that isn't currently in the game already.
So good job with another non-argument about random races you're pulling out of nowhere.

Regarding Ion's statement, did you even read the OP? This thread is discussing his statement. We're fully aware of what he said, that doesn't mean we can't argue it, the same goes with pretty much any aspect of this game that Ion talks about.