Auction House Deposits

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next
Stacks of one were never the problem. Anyone who has a clue on any sort of programming knows it. The problem is the scanning from the add ons. It puts stress on their system. The only thing the one stacks do is add more pages to scan which add an extra 11 seconds to the scan.

Fix your stupid outdated UI so people aren’t dependent on add ons. Can’t do that though it would cost them a lot of free advertising and kickbacks.
Yes we recently made a change to the Auction House posting deposit due to player feedback regarding people making large quantities of posts of only 1 stack.

There's been large quantities of singles for years....so what's really going on I wonder. Is this meant to distract us from other issues?
08/30/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Orlyia
Very.

You'll probably want to rethink your selling strategies.

I find this reply hilarious, yet I was not able to upvote it. This saddens me.
They do this so they dont have to fix the potato servers
08/30/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Akasia
Not everyone wants to buy 50 or 100 or 200 when you sometimes need 5-10.

At first upon reading the "fix" my thought was "yay," but now I consider this (posts like the one above) and I wonder if it doesn't go too far the other way. This is one of those situations where it doesn't have to be an either or: they can set a filter to have it go to the higher deposit in the event someone posts more than X amount of a single item.

That way, people can list a small amount of singles for those who need them (come on, you've never been one mat short, or wanted to craft something on the fly without having to switch toons, run out to grab that one mat?) and everyone wins.
08/30/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Solarwynds
08/30/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Scyphoza
I hate all the filthy one stackers as much as the next guy but what i really want blizzard to do is copy how Guild Wars 2 handles selling and buying mats.

I don't play GW2 but I have heard a time or two or seventy that its AH is the bees knees. But what you are suggesting... I am pretty sure there are laws against it.

Maybe we could all just settle for Blizz coming up with their own revamp? And yes, they said in the Q and A where this change was first mentioned that they intended on doing more.

Sure if the directly copied the whole AH im more talking about how GW2 handles stack able items which is more of a database thing. Mainly instead of seeing separate auction postings for mats you would just see one overall post and the lowest seller gets their material bought first. It wouldn't matter then if you selling one of one hundred of an item for the people buying.
Perhaps this a temporary fix, the AH needs a full overhaul.. Are auction queues loading faster now that selling x1 stack is less economical? Yes, quite a bit, less individual auctions to find so therefor less pages to gather.

Hopefully what we have in-store is an overhaul to the entire AH. Give the AH a haste buff, make it so searching the AH is similar to a google search in terms of speed. My supernova hits a target almost instantly when I cast it(ms in question here), why can't the AH be the same? This shouldn't be too hard, update the servers, allocate some more bandwidth to the AH. Possibly switch the allocation of bandwidth only when a player opens the AH window.
08/30/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Ferderik
I have used the AH to sell items for years and until today, the cost to place items on the Auction House was very cheap (a few silver to a few gold). Now suddenly I want to put some herbs on the AH and the deposit is huge.

Here is the specific (and I'm on Khaz Modan):

Riverbud (herbalism) is on AH for 48 gold each. I decide to set a price of 45 gold.

Stack Size: 1
# of Stacks: 45
Starting Price: 44 gold
Buyout Price: 45 gold
Duration: 48 hours

Deposit requested... 405 gold! (I'm used to it being no more than 5 gold).

Is that intentional?

Its !@#$%^s like you that ruin the AH
Addons do NOT cause the lag. It is from the amount of people putting in search enquirers.
As to the OP i think blizzard made a error in NOT putting the blue post that was stickied in this forum on the oceanic forums as well.
spamming 1 of 1 item is a strategy for players loading up multiple stacks of 20 - on to 200 etc to get a better price. I see nothing wrong with it, although it is annoying. But if someone wants to make gold in the AH - leave it the hell alone
So you're the one lagging out the AH? Thanks a lot!
what about single items that cant be stacked such as armor and weapons?

do we gotta pay like 400g for a 45g weapon?
08/30/2018 11:59 PMPosted by Titanbeard
what about single items that cant be stacked such as armor and weapons?

do we gotta pay like 400g for a 45g weapon?

No. That's nonsense. Read the rule. It's 20% of ONE ITEM: 9g on a 45g weapon.

And it does NOT apply to things that cannot be stacked. Or anything else crafted.

It is only for gathered raw mats. Right now there are 2 raw mats with huge prices: anchor weed and midnight salmon. So yes, I pay 110g deposit on anchor weed priced at 550g EACH. I pay that for a stack of 1 or a stack of 30. It is refunded if the thing sells.

Most mats are under 60g, so it's 12g or less for each stack.
08/30/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Espressa
Very.

Why not just let us search by stack size, sometimes I just want 1 ore. Feels like your hearts in the right place, but you went with the easiest fix.

So ask one of your friends to literally mine that one ore then. It's that simple.

But who are we kidding, you are so obviously one of the "1" stack size abusers lol. Barely anyone liked this.
Very.

Should say extremely. You are the reason this happened bro.
08/30/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Etun
Stacks of one were never the problem. Anyone who has a clue on any sort of programming knows it. The problem is the scanning from the add ons. It puts stress on their system. The only thing the one stacks do is add more pages to scan which add an extra 11 seconds to the scan.

Fix your stupid outdated UI so people aren’t dependent on add ons. Can’t do that though it would cost them a lot of free advertising and kickbacks.

Actually if you're looking to buy more than one item it is very annoying to scroll through 30 pages of 1 item stacks to find 30 more pages of 2-3 item stacks. So it isn't just the addons bruh.
08/31/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Autoshooter
08/30/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Etun

Actually if you're looking to buy more than one item it is very annoying to scroll through 30 pages of 1 item stacks to find 30 more pages of 2-3 item stacks. So it isn't just the addons bruh.

This issue was because of lag not us searching through 30 pages. Believe me I hate it. But to say that is their BS reason they have AH lag is laughable.

They should have restricted the same stackable item code of a single item to a limit of 10 per account.

There are cases I only need 3 of an item. I don’t want to buy 20-200 of them and being stuck reselling them.
Here's my question.

Which would you all have rather preferred? This current system, or changing the AH so that the lowest stack size gathering materials could be listed on the AH for was 10 or 20 per stack?