Yall can give 2 Horde races upright posture

General Discussion
after what i seen they do the orcs, i never want see upright anything ever again
08/09/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Cantaloupe
08/09/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Tyierin
Forsaken are getting straight backs?
https://youtu.be/MO8k4glSAIY?t=10s

They're evidently working on it but haven't ironed it out to function properly as of BFA, or they don't want to keep tossing new, free character customization features at the Horde while giving nothing to Alliance for fear of people getting more up-in-arms about it.

As of this post, there are upright male orcs and golden-eyed blood elves, and the possibility of upright undead, whereas Alliance has... nothin', nor even a promise of long-overdue updated worgen models.

Though judging by that video, it's the male undead they're running into an issue with, because that walking animation is pretty stilted compared to the original, and not even that much more straight-backed.

That’s pretty cool.

I do think the alliance should get some love when it comes to customization as well... let male nelves have silver eyes and eyebrows with a beard. Get rid of the fem worgen snarl, etc.
Worgen and Goblins need some love first but yes more customization hair styles/ colors, faces, ect.
Gaze deep into my bug eyes, and know despair.
I don't even care about the upright thing, Orcs have wanted that forever and they deserved it.

I am irritated that Blizzard can give extra eye colors to Blood Elves, make new allied races, make new NPC races that use Worgen and Goblin models, and update models of random creatures... But they can't update Worgen and Goblins??? The hell?

It's straight up disrespectful to those players who play Worgen and Goblins. I want to give the devs themselves the benefit of the doubt and say they want to update the models, but whoever makes the money decisions has said they can't. However, I am losing faith.
Yeah until Male Worgen look like Genn Greymane, going to continue to not play one.

They are not fine. Only the Kings lapdog is "fine"
08/09/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Alyrisia
Yeah until Male Worgen look like Genn Greymane, going to continue to not play one.

They are not fine. Only the Kings lapdog is "fine"

What I would give for Worgen to look like Greymane's in-game cinematic model. He looks so vicious it's awesome. And while we are at it, give me Genn's damn outfit Blizzard! It looks so good, just change the colors and call it the Worgen heritage armor I don't care, I just want it.
they said there focusing on allied races right now but there next on the list. whenever theat will be which I assume will be near end of exspansion or mid way through give it a year or so.

side not too I think the worgen female models look a little not badass ware wolf but then again I only play male worgen on my ally rogue so if bros are cool with the way they look im fine with it
08/09/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Dárlingkun
after what i seen they do the orcs, i never want see upright anything ever again

hey are walking might look a little weird but were actual orcs now , like proper Warcraft 3 orc warrior units im happy.
08/09/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Dárlingkun

somehow they made the running animation worse than male humans.
08/09/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Snypin
(mind you, Forsaken being able to stand up-right doesnt even make sense to me)

BUT zero attention for Worgen models, even said that the male models were "fine" at blizzcon

lol ok

they offer the least customization out of any race - 5 faces and 5 skin tones, not to mention their textures are SO outdated at this point considering they've received no attention in 8 years

i don't even need to bring up their gait

every hunter race received a new animation when casting bestial wrath - except worgen? really?

nightborne
08/09/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Deusvult
08/09/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Snypin

it really irks me for instance that Void Elves have option after option when customizing but here we are... 8 years later...

5 faces...
5 skin colors...
textures so low-res they remind everyone of windows xp...

this happens in alot of aspects of creation. You have basic concepts and then when you try to make something new as a designer you get better and better. The problem is its not feasible to go back and bring all the past work up to the new stuff. Its a big reason why class balance/design is such an issue. They find ways to give tools to new characters that really leave alot of older classes behind.

ecsact thinking with class design i mean hell every time a monk kills me or runs away like a !@#$%... my god the amount of ranting i have done about them and demon hunters lol
This is why Alliance needs a posture option on a race (thin humans?) and a new eye color for one too. I'd say red for Void Elves would be the most fitting.

But yea, update the worgen already!
They should update them, looking at goblins and worgen in game just hurts the eyes.... As to straight back orcs everything is fine and dandy... except we can't look to the left.
08/09/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Nithenarina
08/09/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Jaggér
Worgans have that classic werewolf look. I think the hunched over looks good.

Then why do the females stand up straight?

Nonsense.

They would look WAY more imposing if they actually stood upright.

undead females stand straight
troll females stand straight
orc females stand straight
They said they're working on the Worgen and Goblin models but those updates wouldn't be finished until after BfA launched.
08/09/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Hellasha
They said they're working on the Worgen and Goblin models but those updates wouldn't be finished until after BfA launched.

later patch
wod
a later wod patch
legion
bfa
a later bfa patch
next expansion
the next patch . . .
08/09/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Hellasha

at blizzcon they mentioned fixing goblins (go figure bc they're a horde race)

they LITERALLY said male worgens look "fine"
but they did admit that females look like chihuahuas

so no, they didnt say they were working on them
After watching that video, I want that now. Upright Forsaken look neat, though the male needs more work. Still looks hunched over. But the female looks great.

I think another customization I would like to see added to Forsaken is the Chinese version as well. So you can pick between exposed bones or not.

But I get why Alliance is downhearted about customizations. They haven't received any, yet Horde have got several already. Horde get Golden Eyes for Blood Elves, new faces for Blood Elves, upright Orcs, all the Orc clan skins, and maybe upright Forsaken (though I won't count that yet). Yet Alliance get nothing. So I see why Alliance has a right to be upset over it, especially when Blizz said we weren't getting any old race customizations and they were going to focus on Allied Races, and then turn around and give Horde a bunch of customizations for old races and nothing for Alliance.

But Worgen aren't the only ones needing an update, Goblins need it still as well. They mentioned Worgen and Goblins would see it at the same time, just when, we have no idea. They've been putting it off for awhile now, and with Allied Races, I have my doubts it will ever be done.
Running out of things to complain about I see.

Orcs and Trolls not only had a bigger audience for straight backs, but the only race that is genuinely hunched over is worgen and nothing else.

Worgen customization?

A bestial wrath change in appearance?

Really?

This horde over alliance bias should have better reasons than a literal skin tone addition for Worgen lmao this is pathetic.