Still No Communication About Auto-Accept

General Discussion
I read somewhere that it would be changed back when BfA is released but they changed their mind because people like you whine too much.
08/12/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Crowlay
08/12/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Rdord

Incorrect. There is no cheating that involves the auto accept in group finder.

1. Ghosting World Quests by afking nearby and leeching off of other players.
2. Creating mass 'pain train' raids of 20-40 people in order to disrupt entire zones.
3. Server hopping to find rare monsters or objects and taking them from players on the server.

Quoted from another thread. Credit to Carhagen
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Carhagen/

None of that is due to auto accept. Please try again.
08/12/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Rdord

That is all auto accept. They fixed it and no one was harmed in the ending of this exploit.
And why do you think Blizzard should explain it to you? It isn't like you would except any answer they gave you.
We'll get a non-answer during the next Q&A.
08/12/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Gratlek
08/12/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Rdord

That is all auto accept. They fixed it and no one was harmed in the ending of this exploit.

All 3 of your examples are still going on right now without auto accept.
08/12/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Stéampunk
And why do you think Blizzard should explain it to you? It isn't like you would except any answer they gave you.

I'd except all the answers, but I'd probably not accept any of em
08/12/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Rdord
08/12/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Gratlek

BFA launched already? Holy crap let's go. Your doing BFA group content with bots? Weird.
08/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Gratlek
08/12/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Rdord

BFA launched already? Holy crap let's go. Your doing BFA group content with bots? Weird.

Why are you shifting the goalposts to make it about BFA?

The examples you gave are not specific to BFA.
08/12/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Rdord
08/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Gratlek

Why are you shifting the goalposts to make it about BFA?

The examples you gave are not specific to BFA.

Why you feed troll?
We don't tend to get a lot of communication over the weekend. I saw somewhere over the past couple of days that there was communication through another channel, but I didn't read it so I can't verify it.

I know it's an always on 24/7 world these days and we want things turned around on a dime, but sometimes the 9-5 world infringes on that. I'd say holster the pitchforks until Monday.

I want to hear a bit about this, so if anyone has a link to whatever conversation on the subject people were referring to, I'd appreciate it.
08/12/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Crowlay
I guess no one here has heard of Occam's Razor. This change could be for one of two possible reasons.

1) An effort to combat script kiddies, hackers, exploiters, and automated farmers. Standard anti-cheat measures employed by every decent online game developer.
2) A nefarious plot to increase profits by adding a few seconds to the group finding process for legit players.
*edit 3) A bug.

Which do you think is more likely?

Well said. The unfortunate thing is that people never want to accept simple truths, especially when they have cynical world views.
2) A nefarious plot to increase profits by adding a few seconds to the group finding process for legit players.
Time played metric.
That is all.
08/12/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Alicenne
Sometimes theres changes that they wont reverse no matter how much we disagree.

I hope this isnt one of them :/

Not until it effects their pocketbook or metrics. This change reduces the chance of people wanting to do WQ altogether. Not everyone but definitely a lot will play less. My guess is though this is just temporary to reduce the load for launch.
08/12/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Nayaga
Time played metric.
That is all.

Adding a few seconds will be offset by people getting frustrated they aren't getting into groups or they are incomplete and just not doing WQ. Expansions ago I rarely did group quests I only started doing them because they made grouping so easy.
I guess no one here has heard of Occam's Razor. This change could be for one of two possible reasons.

1) An effort to combat script kiddies, hackers, exploiters, and automated farmers. Standard anti-cheat measures employed by every decent online game developer.
*edit 3) A bug.

Which do you think is more likely?

1) If it was for reason 1 than the CSs and Blizzard would have been all over this forum and Twitter laying out their reasoning.
Of course than they would have to explain why they were willing to punish millions for something a few were doing rather than adding a report feature!

2) Not very likely since marketing would have pointed out that doing so would insure the loss of subscribers rather than extending subscription to finish content.

3) More than likely someone screwed up and Blizzard is trying to find a solution that makes it look like it was part of a planned upgrade of the LFG system instead of a screwup.
08/12/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Crepe
We don't tend to get a lot of communication over the weekend. I saw somewhere over the past couple of days that there was communication through another channel, but I didn't read it so I can't verify it.

I know it's an always on 24/7 world these days and we want things turned around on a dime, but sometimes the 9-5 world infringes on that. I'd say holster the pitchforks until Monday.

I want to hear a bit about this, so if anyone has a link to whatever conversation on the subject people were referring to, I'd appreciate it.

I would like to be able to agree with your post but this change came to light the middle of last week - NOT on a Friday night.
There was ample time to respond with an explanation, excuse or whatever spin they could come up with.
There is really no viable excuse for waiting this long to respond to the players of this game (IMHO).
We don't tend to get a lot of communication over the weekend

Nice excuse. This has been going a lot longer than that.

Twitter is 24/7 , they have been messaged about this for a week, silence.

We havent had any communication AT ALL.
08/12/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Sairadoka
We'll get a non-answer during the next Q&A.
They are doing the if we ignore them long enough they will forget....also that MVP response dude the change happen in the middle of the week give me a freaking break........ on lets wait until Monday crap....