Will Anduin become Arthas in your opinion?

General Discussion
So I noticed a lot of others have seen the correlations between Anduin and Arthas in the Alliance cinematic. In War Crimes Garrosh even compared Anduin to Arthas, and emphasized how people change with time. Much like Arthas, Anduin is up against a foe who is ruthless in many regards, who'll do almost anything to win (Mal'ganis). Anduin has become more aggressive, even willing to die at the battlefield of Lordaeron when we were outnumbered against Nathanos. He is very (arguably) self-righteous like Arthas was before he turned. He's also up against Sylvanas, who has proven not even a city of civilians will stop her from achieving her goals. She's also strategic and very smart. Can she push Anduin to the edge much like Arthas was pushed?

Varimathras hinted that Stormwind would fall because of Sylvanas. What happens if Sylvanas strategically blights Stormwind in similarity to the grain Kel'thuzad gave the citizens of Stratholme, putting Anduin in the same situation as Arthas was put in. Jaina being there too, would be forced to decide yet again if she walks away, or stops Anduin from slaying his own people. Do you guys think Blizzard would go down this sort of path for Anduin? I just think it feels odd they're putting out these comparisons.
Its the only way if he want to kill Sylvanus
No. Totally different contexts, totally different individuals. I think a better question is whether Anduin will be a good leader. So far, I think he is going okay for the steep learning curve. Time (the writers) will tell.
No, Anduin will represent what Arthas could have become, and what King Terenas (and the people of Lordaeron) had hoped he would have become. Sylvanas, on the other hand, is slowly becoming more and more like Arthas and Sylvanas might be aware of this fact. If Sylvanas dies during this xpac, then her final throughts will be of how Arthas still controlled her destiny, even when she was "free", even after he was truly dead.
I feel that it is very very very unlikely that Anduin will become another Arthas.
No, they’ve already shown Anduin as an old man in one of the comics. He’s not an Arthas-like entity.
Ion said they don't repeat stories
08/12/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Conorn
No, Anduin will represent what Arthas could have become, and what King Terenas (and the people of Lordaeron) had hoped he would have become. Sylvanas, on the other hand, is slowly becoming more and more like Arthas and Sylvanas might be aware of this fact. If Sylvanas dies during this xpac, then her final throughts will be of how Arthas still controlled her destiny, even when she was "free", even after he was truly dead.

This reminds me of what the echo of Arthas' spirit tells the DK player in Legion, how we still do Bolvar's bidding despite believing we aren't under his control.
Uhuh....
*rolls eyes*

No, he won't. Plot Armor + he's the writing team's mascot.

Easier for the Alliance to dismantle the Horde in BfA than for Anduin to become corrupted. Or gay, for that matter.

There definitely is a yin-yang dynamic between Sylvanas and Anduin. I suspect this duality will become important as the threat of the void lords draws nigh.
OR will Arthas become Andiun?

Think about that
Clearly Anduin, pRoudmoore, THral, sylvanAS are all going to become one super Arthas.
I hope so, I could use a couple expansion story about him slowly moving through zones conquering them with an undead "light forged" horde, killing Alliance and Horde alike... maybe even some lore Chars.

Yeah this definitely seems more likely when I think about it.

They're probably just showing how Anduin is different from Arthas.
08/12/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Alkamaeus
So I noticed a lot of others have seen the correlations between Anduin and Arthas in the Alliance cinematic. In War Crimes Garrosh even compared Anduin to Arthas, and emphasized how people change with time. Much like Arthas, Anduin is up against a foe who is ruthless in many regards, who'll do almost anything to win (Mal'ganis). Anduin has become more aggressive, even willing to die at the battlefield of Lordaeron when we were outnumbered against Nathanos. He is very (arguably) self-righteous like Arthas was before he turned. He's also up against Sylvanas, who has proven not even a city of civilians will stop her from achieving her goals. She's also strategic and very smart. Can she push Anduin to the edge much like Arthas was pushed?

Varimathras hinted that Stormwind would fall because of Sylvanas. What happens if Sylvanas strategically blights Stormwind in similarity to the grain Kel'thuzad gave the citizens of Stratholme, putting Anduin in the same situation as Arthas was put in. Jaina being there too, would be forced to decide yet again if she walks away, or stops Anduin from slaying his own people. Do you guys think Blizzard would go down this sort of path for Anduin? I just think it feels odd they're putting out these comparisons.

I think the old god signs are actually pointing to something else and something worse in his future. All left over from the boy kings days with aunt Onyxia.

/salute
08/12/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Onkomi
No, they’ve already shown Anduin as an old man in one of the comics. He’s not an Arthas-like entity.

Ah that comic, I forgot about it.

I really hate that thing! Takes away so much suspense from the story.

Did they "really" have to show Anduin as an old man? Bad move....

This
Muradin had his heart broke once by Arthas.
Maybe Velen will get luckier.
I would say yes BUT in a opposite direction. I could see Blizzard develop Anduin becoming so benevolant and tyrannical with the light and start trying to push it on people Yrel style until he's forced to realize the damage it's doing. That would be a nifty way of going about it
No, they were linking the down fall of Lordaeron to Arthas and it's liberation and return to the Alliance under Anduin. The scene that started the circle closed with a very similar scene.