Lack of Cooking Fires in Dazar'Alor

Professions
Akunda toy says 5 minute CD, unless I'm missing something. Please Blizz just make some cooking fires in Dazar'alor.
I think the point of this was... there are so many open fires in Zuldazar. Many of them even have food cooking on them. The problem is you can't use them for cooking.

Yes, you have a campfire. Everyone knows that. Why would they make so many things that resemble cooking fires next to the cooking guys that aren't usable?

You would lose your mind if there were fake forges everywhere.
Yes this is frustrating. There are fire pits and ham hock on it through out the city and they are all fake. Fire is fire they should just work. I know we all can make our own fire but why? it's right there in front me. Even the cooking trainer doesn't have a stove, what is up with that?
I have to agree.

Speaking from a practical point of view it's of little importance, since there's tons of ways to create your own cooking fire.

However buying ingredients from the cook, then walking over to the giant grill and finding out you can't use it still leaves me baffled from the sheer oddness.
100% right , lol at idiot in this thread who cant understand what op wrote.

anyways agree 110% with op
It does seem rather illogical, as a practical matter and an inconsistency with the fantasy of a game, that meat is cooking on an useable fire. It does also seem rather silly that cooking supplies are in a different zone from the trainer.

It makes for a lack of internal consistency with game design. Dear Blizzard please fix this.
I found a cooking supplies vendor in Kul Tiras standing next to--you guessed it--a campfire we can't cook on. Fires just don't work anywhere in BfA for horde?
09/14/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Thummah
I found a cooking supplies vendor in Kul Tiras standing next to--you guessed it--a campfire we can't cook on. Fires just don't work anywhere in BfA for horde?

Daaaaamn, I understand, now.

Sylvanas used up our entire allotment for capital city fires.
1) Cooking fires need to be added to the big meat roasting pits/fires in Dazar
2) A trainer should be up top or near supplies
3) It would be nice if the cooking UI had an extract aroma from fish function (esp when you end up storing your fish in the bank)
i had look up threads existence because i started noticing this minor annoyance

not having the ingredient vendor next to trainer is a minor thing (unless i havent checked thoroughly) but coupled with the lack of fires in the great seal or where the mats vendor is next to lower level flight path dude is one of those issues where i forget about it and the very moment i concentrate on moving mats between toons in order to maximize a cooking session (and that is what it is) the cd on camp fire still has 4 minutes and in the interim i always think “really- there isnt a cooking fire...wtfffs?”
———
btw is there a cooking enchant that makes you cook faster- or “better” - like a chance for better stats from a recipe?
—————

even as i am typing this i am on the stairs of dazor’alor and there are big pots of fire all along the stairs(requires a cooking fire)

usually any fire would suffice (returning to game and didnt play much in legion) to cook things, but the fact that there is no fire available in the major capitol city, the residence of the king, is a little lame to say the least

not so much for convienience even

but- i am not big on it for the most part- for some reason when i cook i get all into it and really rp it; love setting up fires before bg’s (need to get a chef outfit transmog btw-if there is one) and making feasts- it actually helps get the team in a festive mood even when they are mocking it

i just want a fire that one can cook on in the... royal kitchen ffs
09/16/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Goralock
1) Cooking fires need to be added to the big meat roasting pits/fires in Dazar
2) A trainer should be up top or near supplies
3) It would be nice if the cooking UI had an extract aroma from fish function (esp when you end up storing your fish in the bank)

100% all of these things, especially #3 jeez.
for role-players having the fire pits work would be much more satisfying than setting up a camp fire while inside the inns or city general
09/14/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Kirango
09/14/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Thummah

Daaaaamn, I understand, now.

Sylvanas used up our entire allotment for capital city fires.

You sir, made me chuckle. Have a +1. :)
piling on, please make cooking fires in Dazar'alor
08/15/2018 01:29 AMPosted by Lerusya
It's a little frustrating that none of the dozens and dozens of large grill pits covered in meat strewn throughout the city count as cooking fires. Am I missing where the real ones are, or will I have to make my own whenever I'm in the troll capital?

My theory is that they figure there are enough toys out now that cook and they want to encourage people to collect them and use them.
In Boralus Harbor the cooking fires (yes, TWO of them) are right next to the cooking trainer, and the trade vendor is 20 yards away from the cooking trainer. My Horde mage has to book a flight just to get cooking supplies and go back to the cooking trainer. The profession area in Dazar'Alor is a nightmare compared to Boralus.
08/20/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Krenna
I dont know why this is a problem when you can make your own cooking fire.

I don't know why it's a problem for them to stop cutting corners on realistic flavor. They managed to have the ability to have usable cooking fires in 2007. It's just lazy.
09/30/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Toromiura
btw is there a cooking enchant that makes you cook faster- or “better” - like a chance for better stats from a recipe?

Just in case you return to the thread, there is a toy you can get from Wrath content called the Chef's Hat which makes you cook faster. That's the only thing I'm aware of.

Also adding to the OP. I hadn't realized this was an issue until the other day when I started work on my Horde alt's cooking. The Horde main hub is already big and sprawling enough that it's insane to get around, but this just adds to the craziness. Yep, I know I can use my battle pets and toys, but really, if there is a cooking fire there, it should be active and usable. Cooking fires all over the world were usable even back in Vanilla, so why the restrictions now?
Ragnaros pet works as a cooking fire as well.
08/19/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Lyoog
As annoying as it is... it is the reason I keep lil ragnaros on my bars

OMG...ty.. Was sitting here also waiting on CD - I have had him forever and never knew that!