How do the Alliance+Horde reconcile Warlocks/DKs?

General Discussion
I mean both are fairly shady/evil. Where is the integrity and honor in these classes? I suppose in DK's the ebon blade actually has the Horsemen that want to do good. Yet i'm unaware of any Warlocks that aren't portrayed as absolutely wretched. Caring beyond themselves. Why do locks even bother with Horde/Alliance?
I comb Anduins hair.
08/15/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Thalkiel
Yet i'm unaware of any Warlocks that aren't portrayed as absolutely wretched.
Lulubelle freakin' Fizzlebang.
Necessary evil. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Death Knights have an entire arc in their opening story about it. Tirion Fordring speaks on their behalf to be brought into their factions. Then due to the participation of the Ebon Blade in the Wrath campaign, they are welcomed into their respective factions as Heroes for their deeds of good service.
Also, whens the last time we ever saw a warlock/DK in a cinematic? Have we?
We helped bring down Arthas.
08/15/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Thalkiel
Are there any prominent non-evil warlocks in the story right now?
08/15/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Nick
Death Knights have an entire arc in their opening story about it. Tirion Fordring speaks on their behalf to be brought into their factions. Then due to the participation of the Ebon Blade in the Wrath campaign, they are welcomed into their respective factions as Heroes for their deeds of good service.

I discount the player characters because its for gameplay reasons. So the Alliance will allow undead former lich king subjects yet the Forsaken was one step too far?
08/15/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Patchs
08/15/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Thalkiel
Are there any prominent non-evil warlocks in the story right now?

I mean even as background filler. For instance in the BFA opening cin you see undead hunters/archers you see dwarves shooting too. You see shamans you see warriors.. etc etc.
I cool everyone's drinks.
There's a bit in one of the novels where Varian says, re: warlocks in the Alliance, that they've had every opportunity in the world to backstab the faction in the last few years and they've never taken it. Therefore, they're considered a distasteful but reliable ally.

Death knights are still riding high off that recommendation from Tirion, and also, have never gone against the faction. They're in the same boat, really, where they're unpleasant to be around and dangerous to know, but they've been serving with distinction since the Northrend campaign and people are used to them now.
08/15/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Pranda
There's a bit in one of the novels where Varian says, re: warlocks in the Alliance, that they've had every opportunity in the world to backstab the faction in the last few years and they've never taken it. Therefore, they're considered a distasteful but reliable ally.

Death knights are still riding high off that recommendation from Tirion, and also, have never gone against the faction. They're in the same boat, really, where they're unpleasant to be around and dangerous to know, but they've been serving with distinction since the Northrend campaign and people are used to them now.

i suppose thats something.
gib gear or i blow u up
Per the lore, Warlocks are generally rejected in most societies. In Stormwind for example, they hide away from the general populace. They are seen as mage that became obsessed with power.

The majority of races look with distaste at warlocks. It is why you will generally find warlock mobs in shady or secluded locations. The majority of them live hermit lives.

As for Deathknights. They were a necessary evil, however they are -not- that attached to their factions. They are for the Ebonblade. It is more that both factions have decided to leave the Ebonblade alone.
The truth is, having a faction to call home is the best way to serve our self-interests. We've only tricked the Alliance and Horde into seeing our "value". Mua-ha-ha-ha...
Well warlocks are okay at this point. After from all the help they have been, it makes sense for them to be accepted.

They just have to not scare people with demons, have good morals, and just not causing a disturbance. If they do this, they should be good.

DKs just really don't belong in BFA. They are actual morally grey anti-heroes to save Azeroth.