Call to Arms: Vol'dun Quest

War Mode and World PvP
How often do they drop? how long do I wait? can I see the plane from anywhere? is there some locations better than others? I have basically walked the entire map now and haven't noticed anything. I have no idea what I'm looking for or when it will drop, I'll give it another 30min and then I'll just abandon the quest and move on.
In my opinion a timer would make all the difference. I will say it's rather frustrating to not know anything the crates whatsoever, besides that you can steal horde ones. I'm just sort of running around in pergatory and it feels bad man.
The planes and crates can be visually seen all the way across the zone. When you hear the noise, follow the plane with your camera and you'll eventually see the crate drop. Target the falling crate, put a target marker on it, and start running. Then pray it doesn't land on top of a tree or fall through the world (watched an air drop land less than 15ft in front of me and then it sunk through the ground).

And if you think wide open Vol'dun is rough, just wait til Zuldalar with it's tree cover and jagged terrain.

It's a fun concept, but they really need to work out the crate terrain clipping bugs, the insanely small number of available clicks, and the loot table. Blizzard said they are supposed to give out gear, but I'm yet to seen any gear from any air drop. Has always been jewelcrafting gems and 10-15 azerite.

I'm certain someone will come up with an air drop addon soon. There seems to be a limited number of flight corridors per zone, With the crate being markable, an automatic marking addon will be along sooner or later.
It's Dumb.. Sat in six different groups only for the frigging thing to drop on the other side of the map. By the time I get to it some !@#-hat has already looted it. And poof Gone'''' Wasted 4 hours. And if in a raid group you get no credit for kills..
You really need to re-think this...
Maybe it's Time I finally gave this game up..
I think that there should be NO marker initially but if enough time has elapsed without anyone finding it, then a marker would appear on the map.
i was having fun doing wpvp this week in stormsong valley but stopped when i needed the crate because there was a raid of alliance out and about, but apparently we cant join raid to loot the crate, sorry if im mistaken but thats a huge oversight
We agree. We are removing the Air Drop requirement in a hotfix. Should be live soon.

Thanks!
08/21/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Phalanx
We agree. We are removing the Air Drop requirement in a hotfix. Should be live soon.

Thanks!

Wow I bet the OP wasn’t expecting that response. xD
Thanks Phalanx!

Thanks!

Has this happen already, or do the 'Call to Arms' quest have sort of timer on them? because my Call to Arms: Vol'Dun has disappeared from my quest tracker, and when I returned to the War Headquarters I received a new Call to Arms in Stormsong Valley, without ever completing my Vol'Dun quest.
08/21/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Iceinmyviens

Thanks!

Has this happen already, or do the 'Call to Arms' quest have sort of timer on them? because my Call to Arms: Vol'Dun has disappeared from my quest tracker, and when I returned to the War Headquarters I received a new Call to Arms in Stormsong Valley, without ever completing my Vol'Dun quest.

These are weekly quests. Today is Tuesday so it reset to the new Call to Arms.
This didnt get hotfixed. What happened?
do I need to remove the quest and restart it? because waiting for a war crate in stormsong valley all day and no luck
Stormsong today, I had the chance to see one, but got stop on my way by a rogue & co. The time to come back (1min or so) it was already gone. Awesome.
Pffft. I've gotten like 5 Vol'dun air drops. They're easy, and there's only a few spawns anyway. But finding other players? Nope. Warmode on, doesn't matter. Alliance don't exist in that zone. 0/10 kills last week.

Thanks!

Oh shoot, this is great, ty.
quest is fixed now.

the air drop requirement vanished before my very eyes because when i logged on it still needed it

Thanks!

Maybe a change to tracking the air drops too. Say in Nazmir where trees and mountains block everything.
Can we get a change to air drops to make them actually interesting and rewarding, too? I know that even getting one is a huge problem, but finally opening one and getting essentially nothing feels surprisingly worse than never finding one at all. It is, by far, the least rewarding usage of your time in WoW as of the current patch, and that's not hyperbole. Pre-120 I managed to open two, and got about 12g each for my trouble. Post-120 I got the same amount of gold and about 12 AP as well. Now, keep in mind that Blizzard imagined these like battle royale air drops that people fight over, and ask yourself just how awful it would feel to get THAT after a hard-won victory.

Thanks!

Why not instead have the chests have a small chance of dropping an exclusive toy or appearance? That way players have all expansion to hunt for the chests at their will, instead of a required chest every week. Basically, more like the Gurubashi chest in STV.