Stop ILVL Scaling!

General Discussion
It is a completely rubbish mechanic that you forced on us in Legion for literally no reason other than to slow us down.

Why have I gone up 10 levels on my Paladin and increased item level nearly 90 points and i feel weaker than I did when I was 110 in Legion?

My god Blizzard! Does anyone there actually care about the players anymore?
No one liked the ilvl scaling when you put it in, you toned it down a little but now its back with vengeance.

It is insane that it can take nearly 2 mins to kill a single named elite (I will not call them rares as they no longer rare). Yes, I play Prot Pal so I do less DPS but holy hell it gets tedious to get better gear and yet still feel like I am doing the exact same dmg I was doing 5 levels ago! Not to mention standing there pressing 1,2,3 over and over gets really boring really quick.

Just let us get powerful!
So do you want to 3 shot all content as soon as you ding and then one shot them 3 times over near end of expac when you have even better gear?
Levelling in Legion if I got in combat I would stop to fight and then continue on my way. In BfA its better to just keep running and drag the mob to its tether point, then remount (if you got knocked off). Stopping to fight takes too long now.

Im at the point where I would rather have flight and fly to where I am going because your slowed down, ilvl based scaling mobs are just tedious as hell to slog through.
08/19/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Ahramin
So do you want to 3 shot all content as soon as you ding and then one shot them 3 times over near end of expac when you have even better gear?

I personally don't care for scaling if its level based. What I don't like is when no matter how much gear I get on my main I still struggle with the same mobs. If its going to end up taking me the same time it took at 115 to kill 3 mobs while I'm sitting at ilvl 400 in several months there is going to be an issue.
08/19/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Ahramin

Is that what happened before ilvl scaling? Or did Blizzard do a better job of scaling?

Two stat squishes and ilvl scaling mobs have destroyed what it means to level up.

At no point did I say I want to one shot everything. My issue is that stat increases mean nothing now. It is taking too long to kill things as we supposedly get stronger. Whats the point of gearing up if everything in the open world is going to stay strong? The whole point of MMO gearing is to get more powerful so you can wreck the stuff you couldnt earlier. Blizzard seem to have forgotten that.
Scaling is bad.
It's such a non-issue. I feel much stronger now than I did when I had just hit 120.

I just don't believe anyone who says they're the same strength in the world at 330 ilvl vs 290.
08/19/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Sinnabun
It is a completely rubbish mechanic that you forced on us in Legion for literally no reason other than to slow us down.

Why have I gone up 10 levels on my Paladin and increased item level nearly 90 points and i feel weaker than I did when I was 110 in Legion?

My god Blizzard! Does anyone there actually care about the players anymore?
No one liked the ilvl scaling when you put it in, you toned it down a little but now its back with vengeance.

It is insane that it can take nearly 2 mins to kill a single named elite (I will not call them rares as they no longer rare). Yes, I play Prot Pal so I do less DPS but holy hell it gets tedious to get better gear and yet still feel like I am doing the exact same dmg I was doing 5 levels ago! Not to mention standing there pressing 1,2,3 over and over gets really boring really quick.

Just let us get powerful!
First, comparing to the very end of legion is a bad comparison. Compare to release legion, which is very similar to now, basically invalidating your complaint.

Second, scaling just makes it so the necessary increases in power during an expansion dont completely trivialize world content. You still get stronger over time.
I am fine with ilvl scaling but the problem is when i get say 50% stronger then things im killing are getting 50 percent stronger. Could you just tone it down a bit so I feel like my upgrades are actually making me stronger for worlds quests etc. like 1 : 0.6 scaling or something
Blizz doesn't need to remove ilvl scaling just lower the cap a little bit more like 10 ilvls and it's all good.
My only beef with this scaling mechanic is that it affects some classes and specs more than others. BM for this hunter... not really an issue. Tanks and any class with a decent self heal is probably the same. Any 'squishy' class with low deeps... and its a whole other issue. For those guys its great to go level in a zone where you slightly out level the competition.
08/19/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Azemane
First, comparing to the very end of legion is a bad comparison. Compare to release legion, which is very similar to now, basically invalidating your complaint.

Releas Legion didnt have ilvl scale and I was wrecking things at 110 back then. The only time it felt truly awful in Legion was when it first ilvl scaled the world. It was awful then but Blizz fixed it.

And actually I think its pretty fair to compare end Legion 110 with a character that is 10 level higher. That 10 levels alone with out the Legion raid gear should be a noticeable power increase. But it isnt.

08/19/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Azemane
Second, scaling just makes it so the necessary increases in power during an expansion dont completely trivialize world content. You still get stronger over time.

when has power increase trivialising the world ever been an issue? It never had been until half way through Legion. It only became an issue once Blizzard moved to the time played metric.

Stop white knighting for Blizzard.
There is a reason why they have tried so much to kill any world quest addon or make them too annoying to use, there is a reason why now mobs scale aggresively with your ilvl and said stuff like "world quest are intended for solo players" https://www.wowhead.com/news=286329/blizzard-interview-with-game-world-navigator-warfronts-followers-disabling-lfg-a?webhook/blizzard-intervew-with-game-world-navigator-warfronts-followers-disabling-lfg-ad

They want you to spend as much as they can doing these dumb quest. even if you gain 40-50 ilvl they want these world quest to take forever. Go to any legion map and try to do any of the bonus objectives world quest and see how fast you fill the bar, now go back to bfa and see that these quest now take much longer to do since mobs are much harder to kill and they dont give much %.