What's the incentive for war mode?

War Mode and World PvP
Did the initial quests and even got alliance slayer, but I'm not sure what reason there is to keep it on now? I mean yeah I get a little bit more azerite, but that's not really a big enough reason for me to want to leave it on. I do enjoy some world pvp, but there seems to be little reason to have it on if i'm wanting to knock out a few WQs.
The main advantage of war mode is that it's more fun.
08/19/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Yarrow

Exactly this. War Mode is making this expansion one of the most fun experiences. I like fighting other players. I like having to form groups to take out other player groups. To me, that is the apex of this game. Everything I do, I do so I can be better at PvP.
Horde player? Enjoy some fun wpvp and the 10% benefits.

Alliance player? Don't bother unless you like getting ran over by groups of 4-5 Horde players at every WQ.
It's to make the game more fun for Horde players and so that Alliance finally take the hint that they're no longer wanted by Blizzard.

Fun is pretty subjective and if that's supposed to be the main incentive then I can see why the game turns into a wasteland when I turn it on. I like PvP and had a good time forming some pug PvP groups for the quests, but I have no reason to have it on when I'm trying to knock out a quick set of WQs
08/20/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Skatato

Fun is pretty subjective and if that's supposed to be the main incentive then I can see why the game turns into a wasteland when I turn it on. I like PvP and had a good time forming some pug PvP groups for the quests, but I have no reason to have it on when I'm trying to knock out a quick set of WQs

Then no one can answer this for you. That's literally why you keep warmode on, because you find pvp fun...
08/19/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Kalrow
Horde player? Enjoy some fun wpvp and the 10% benefits.

Alliance player? Don't bother unless you like getting ran over by groups of 4-5 Horde players at every WQ.

This is totally based on what realm you are on. You should check population for it and see which side is heavier. On my realm..... alliance outnumber us so occasionally there are groups. Also comes down to people actually playing a MMO TOGETHER! Hey lets all group up and go see who we find. amazing concept right?
You sound like someone who confused WarMode with XPMode thinking oh good i can turn this on for more XP.... wait why am I being attacked! nooooooo dont kill me pleassssse lol
08/20/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Nosferatu
This is totally based on what realm you are on. You should check population for it and see which side is heavier. On my realm..... alliance outnumber us so occasionally there are groups. Also comes down to people actually playing a MMO TOGETHER! Hey lets all group up and go see who we find. amazing concept right?
You sound like someone who confused WarMode with XPMode thinking oh good i can turn this on for more XP.... wait why am I being attacked! nooooooo dont kill me pleassssse lol

Realm literally doesn't matter outside of RP servers. You sound like someone who wants to be superior without actually having any knowledge and contributing nothing whatsoever.

I have no problems with people wanting to play an MMO together, but with the removal of PvP servers the old way of playing is entirely dead. People are no longer forced to go out into a dangerous world alone if they want to farm herbs or mine ore or farm old dungeons. Just turn off War Mode until your friends log on and there's no chance of danger.
08/20/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Obscene
Just turn off War Mode until your friends log on and there's no chance of danger.

Was no different before, just phase to a pve server through group finder or a friend who was on a pve server...
08/20/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Jugaa
Was no different before, just phase to a pve server through group finder or a friend who was on a pve server...

You mean before in Legion, the worst world PvP expansion of all time? That also requires more than one person and the bare minimum of effort, and is something you have to do every time you log in to a different character.
08/20/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Obscene
08/20/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Jugaa

You mean before in Legion, the worst world PvP expansion of all time? That also requires more than one person and the bare minimum of effort, and is something you have to do every time you log in to a different character.

No like, before in any other expansion. Could phase from pve to pvp servers.
08/20/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Jugaa

Cataclysm added cross-realm grouping, and Legion added the groupfinder that made it slightly easier. So no, not any other expansion.

I don't even understand what you're arguing. Yeah it was possible, but it wasn't near as easy as just clicking a button in Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
08/20/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Nosferatu

Realm literally doesn't matter outside of RP servers. You sound like someone who wants to be superior without actually having any knowledge and contributing nothing whatsoever.

I have no problems with people wanting to play an MMO together, but with the removal of PvP servers the old way of playing is entirely dead. People are no longer forced to go out into a dangerous world alone if they want to farm herbs or mine ore or farm old dungeons. Just turn off War Mode until your friends log on and there's no chance of danger.

Some people might enjoy the fact that the decision on whether or not you want to engage in world pvp can be made when you log in for the day rather than 1 time when you first decided to create a character and now you're stuck with world pvp forever. I'm all about that warmode life even though I'm not an accomplished pvper. But, it's nice to know that the option to turn it off exists if I feel so inclined. There is a fine line between organic and fun world pvp and ganking corpse-camping grief fests. Having too much trouble completing quests because a raid of horde is just endlessly wrecking everybody in a 2 mile radius? Spirit rez, port to stormwind, turn off warmode, travel back to questing zone and carry on about your business. Seems legit to me.
08/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Obscene
08/20/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Jugaa

Cataclysm added cross-realm grouping, and Legion added the groupfinder that made it slightly easier. So no, not any other expansion.

I don't even understand what you're arguing. Yeah it was possible, but it wasn't near as easy as just clicking a button in Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

LOL you obviously dont read and just got put in place by a few people. Please step away from the keyboard you clearly are missing the whole point of any of this
08/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Obscene
Cataclysm added cross-realm grouping, and Legion added the groupfinder that made it slightly easier.

LFG was added in Cataclysm. Like S14 or 15.

People are no longer forced to go out into a dangerous world alone if they want to farm herbs or mine ore or farm old dungeons. Just turn off War Mode until your friends log on and there's no chance of danger.

There's Warmode bonuses as an incentive.

Nobody should be forced into World Pvp if they don't want to.
There's more to a server than just World PvP.
SVT
Guilds
Trading/AH market
08/21/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Doragødx
Nobody should be forced into World Pvp if they don't want to

08/21/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Nosferatu
LOL you obviously dont read and just got put in place by a few people. Please step away from the keyboard you clearly are missing the whole point of any of this

Is everyone pretending to be stupid to troll me or is the forum actually sub 80 IQ?

The way PvP server used to work was you CHOSE to engage in PvP all the time.
Now with War Mode you just play on a PvE server 99% of the time while you do things that would normally be dangerous on PvP servers, like WQs or dailies or farming and the only time people CHOOSE to PvP is if they have a group with healers and all. This makes War Mode into a much smaller pool of players because there isn't enough incentive to risk going out alone, especially when you're outnumbered 99% of the time at the same time Blizzard basically deleted all PvP servers, so there's no longer a place where people are in "War Mode" all the time. It just means that turning on War Mode is like queuing for a BG, except it has no objective and a minuscule reward.
08/20/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Obscene
You mean before in Legion, the worst world PvP expansion of all time?

Legion WPVP was awesome. You could do EVIL things with legendaries...

The Dalaran Sewers were great, same with the WPVP world quests. I would farm people for hours.... I had tons of fun doing WPVP in Legion across multiple characters.

I can see why people say this though. Farm or get farmed :P
Could have added the war mode for RP and PvE server, and leave the PVP server alone.
08/21/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Cornstalker
I can see why people say this though. Farm or get farmed :P

That you can see them and they can't see you is exactly why they get farmed and you don't!