World Quests as a Healer is a Nightmare

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
This complaint might be more reasonable coming from a heal spec with worse DPS. However, you get no sympathy from me, holy paladin is more than capable of doing damage. With wings up, holy paladins can burst better than most DPS specs.
actually you should change to ret

i have spoken
08/23/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Thunderçatz
Are you kidding? As Resto I can do WQ either close to or as fast as Ele/Enhance all with the added protection of having heals.

Same, but I attribute this more to Elemental spec being clunky and slow for now. Hopefully 8.1 changes it!
I switch over to Brewmaster or Chop-Chop hands but I prefer my sierra Mistweaver.
why are you doing WQs as a healer lol?

i switch to chicken mode
I'm having trouble tanking as frost spec, hope they fix this soon.
As a resto druid, I'm not having issues /shrug
Hey at-least you won't die if you pull too much :)
if only healing classes had something like a world quest group finder to use....
/sideways look at blizzard.
To be fair, there are other classes whose heal specs have decent damage. I know my Shaman does good damage as Resto. But Holy Pally's damage is so bad outside of long CDs that I just quest in Ret spec. I would love if we could quest in Holy spec, but it's just really bad. The fact that we don't even have a spammable spell is also bad enough in Ret but in Holy spec it means you have tons of downtime to do literally nothing but auto attack.
08/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Xom
Everything takes way too long, and no I shouldn't have to change to Retribution spec to do quests.

A Holy paladin has a whopping 3 abilities for damage (with long cooldowns, and crusader strike being nerfed this current patch as well). I've read about the current scaling and this is a huge turn off to do the WQs.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.

This has been a problem for awhile with healadins. We have the least offensive abilities of any healer spec in the game. Longwriter has talked about this for years.

I wonder if Longwriter still posts here/reads here much.
It bothers me all of you people are telling the OP to play a spec they don't want to. The problem is that Healadins have the least abilities to dps out of any of the healers and does garbage damage for leveling or random questing.

I personally like running around as prot (sometimes ret), but I can see the issue for those who wanna stay holy.
08/23/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Elechan
It bothers me all of you people are telling the OP to play a spec they don't want to. The problem is that Healadins have the least abilities to dps out of any of the healers and does garbage damage for leveling or random questing.

I personally like running around as prot (sometimes ret), but I can see the issue for those who wanna stay holy.

im having trouble tanking on my frost mage, blizzard needs to fix this
08/23/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Salimdor
Well as a healer, no only WQ, but leveling would take some extra time. I use some addons to get into a party and finish it faster.

A disc saying that Questing took too long.
As a disc priest you don't really have the right to say "questing was too long"
You should be content that doing world quests as a solo healer is even possible. If you want things to die fast swap to a spec that does damage
08/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Xom
no I shouldn't have to change to Retribution spec to do quests.

Yes, actually, you should. This is how it's been for literally the entire life of the game. Nowadays you even get to do it completely for free! No respec costs, no having to go to your class trainer, etc.
08/23/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Ravenlea
But Holy Pally's damage is so bad outside of long CDs that I just quest in Ret spec.

From a class fantasy perspective, you would think pallies should be able to do decent in any spec, i.e. the battle healer, or melee healer. Maybe it will get better as the gear scales up?
08/23/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Nerfiryx
Join a group. Let everyone else DPS and you keep them healed up. Easy, and done fast.

oh no....NOT working as a....gasps in horror.....team?!?!?!
How dare you say such a horrid thing on this forum.

;-)
08/23/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Lamadelrey
08/23/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Salimdor
Well as a healer, no only WQ, but leveling would take some extra time. I use some addons to get into a party and finish it faster.

A disc saying that Questing took too long.
As a disc priest you don't really have the right to say "questing was too long"

I didn't use the word "too long", I said "would take some extra time", referring leveling experience as healer vs dps experience.

I wasn't talking about me, or my spect.
08/23/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Pandocomando
08/23/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Ravenlea
But Holy Pally's damage is so bad outside of long CDs that I just quest in Ret spec.

From a class fantasy perspective, you would think pallies should be able to do decent in any spec, i.e. the battle healer, or melee healer. Maybe it will get better as the gear scales up?

Healers are healers, not DPS, not tanks.
Forgive me if Im wrong here but I thought we all wanted to get away from the boring monotony of homogeneity?

While we're making healers who tank and DPS, lets just give Fury Warrior some group heals too.