World Quests as a Healer is a Nightmare

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
08/23/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Xiata
As a resto druid, I'm not having issues /shrug

/agree

At least there is no longer +healing gear!
08/23/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Pandysavage
08/23/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Xom
no I shouldn't have to change to Retribution spec to do quests.

Yes, actually, you should. This is how it's been for literally the entire life of the game. Nowadays you even get to do it completely for free! No respec costs, no having to go to your class trainer, etc.

If I'm forced to switch to Shadow spec to do quests, I would quit the game. Many of us enjoy healing and dealing damage isn't fun.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

im having trouble tanking on my frost mage, blizzard needs to fix this

False analogy fallacy. These two issues are not alike.

Yes, actually, you should. This is how it's been for literally the entire life of the game. Nowadays you even get to do it completely for free! No respec costs, no having to go to your class trainer, etc.

Appeal to Tradition fallacy

actually it is a good analogy

if you want to WQ then be a tank or dps, if you want to heal dungeons then switch to healer

healers are not meant to be great at questing in wow, and thats the way it is
itt healers should be stupidly over powered and able to do everything because thats what the OP wants to play
I mean... it's not very fun.

It's not impossible, and it's not challenging. It's just tedious busy work to keep your time played metric higher. We're talking about the solo experience here. It has nothing to do with anyone else.

It takes a colossal amount of entitlement to think you have a stake in someone's solo questing experience.
08/23/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Sydarar

It takes a colossal amount of entitlement to think you have a stake in someone's solo questing experience.

no it doesnt, healers are stupidly op in pvp as it is

dont buff their dps
Quest are not tailored to healers. Or tanks. If you want to go fast, go ret for questing. On my healers that's what I do. If you don't you have no one to blame but yourself. How would they make the quests healer friendly?
It's an easy fix. You have a dps spec. don't complain when you try to kill things as a healer.
This is like saying I want my 90s PC to run as fast as my 2018 PC that’s sitting next to me. Just use the 2018 PC... lord have mercy OP..... lord have mercy!

Argument from fallacy fallacy (it means just because something is a fallacy it isnt automatically wrong)

So GJ using a fallacy to try defeating a fallacy lawl.

It's only a fallacy fallacy if they have more points to their argument. Because they only have ONE point and their ONE point is a fallacy, their entire argument is a fallacy and my pointing out their fallacy is not a fallacy fallacy.

if you want to WQ then be a tank or dps, if you want to heal dungeons then switch to healer

It's a bad analogy because being viable in PVE and PVP are entirely different design focuses and decision requirements. PVE and PVP are not the same beasts.

08/23/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Sillidan
08/23/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Sydarar

dont buff their dps

Could make their DPS abilities do more to PVE mobs and less to PVP players. There, fixed. You conflate PVE and PVP too much btw. Most here aren't talking or caring about PVP but purely the PVE experience.
Y'know, it'd only take 1 line in trade chat.

LF a dps to do WQ with me, I am a healer

On the other hand, I can sit in trade for hours saying LF healer to do WQ with me and get no bites. (I'm in war mode, if you're doing WQ in war mode a healer is pretty much a necessity due to the war mode phasing bugs where elite quests form 40 man groups that disperse all into 1 phase)
<span class="truncated">...</span>Argument from fallacy fallacy (it means just because something is a fallacy it isnt automatically wrong)

So GJ using a fallacy to try defeating a fallacy lawl.

It's only a fallacy fallacy if they have more points to their argument. Because they only have ONE point and their ONE point is a fallacy, their entire argument is a fallacy and my pointing out their fallacy is not a fallacy fallacy.

It's a bad analogy because being viable in PVE and PVP are entirely different design focuses and decision requirements. PVE and PVP are not the same beasts.

dont buff their dps

Could make their DPS abilities do more to PVE mobs and less to PVP players. There, fixed. You conflate PVE and PVP too much btw. Most here aren't talking or caring about PVP but purely the PVE experience.

you already have a spec for wqs, play that instead

dont like ret? too bad, thats what its there for

healers dont need buffs, the end
08/23/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Elechan
08/23/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Berrye
...You and the OP are so right. And you can play whatever you want and I'll push for more dps for healing & tank specs the moment you support pure dps also being able to tank & heal to the same abilities as if we were tanks and heals.

Deal?

I mean, as a ret pally, I can already tank/heal anything out in the world basically with my gear lol

I think you and others miss the problem. Every other healer spec doesn't have a problem solo'ing like a healadin. Healadins do jack for damage and have, at best, 3 (4 if talented) abilities to do damage. All of them have cooldowns that leads to a lot of boring play as well as being weak. I can run around on my resto druid and have an easy time solo'ing things, taking little time to do it. Can AoE way better too.

This isn't as much about healers having problems so much as holy paladins being boring and poor for doing any damage solo for PVE stuff (like mere WQs that should be soloable fine or leveling). It's been this way for far too long for holy paladins.
I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I don't play shaman, but I have all the other heal specs. They're all about the same except of course for disc. All of them are boring and have very few actual damaging spells.

Holy pally might suck on aoe, but honestly, so does mistweaver. Spinning crane kick hits for crap. I'll grant you that they actually have an aoe spell, but it's pretty terrible when in less time you can single target 4 mobs than you could aoe them down.

The point is they are meant to heal, not damage. And, no, as ret you can't heal or tank like prot or holy. You can do marginal heals and marginal tanking, but nowhere near the other two specs. Just like as heal spec you do marginal damage and marginal tanking.
you already have a spec for wqs, play that instead

dont like ret? too bad, thats what its there for

the end

God you are insufferable lol. I literally never run around as holy spec. Only for dungeons (and raids when they come out) if needed. But I can see where the OP is coming from. You clearly have never played the spec or perhaps even the class. Especially leveling through the entire game or at max level.

You are just crying against this because you focus only on PVP and don't want another disc priest situation. I agree, disc is strong in PVP, too strong, but there are means to balance PVE and PVP differently. And, honestly, while I'm 24/7 warmode, the PVP in this game is garbage. It will always be garbage. because the very combat system is a bad one for any skillful/interesting PVP.

A fighter, FPS, (or, hell, even Soulsborne PVP), this is not.
You shouldn’t have to change specs to get the open world content done in a reasonable timeframe. If dps are not at risk because they don’t have the capability’s of a healer then healers shouldn’t be slow. They gave just about all dps specs survival tools so why not make healers functional in open world. A slow open world healing spec is as anochronistic as needed bandages and or food between every pull cause your class has no heals.
08/23/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Zuelya
You shouldn’t have to change specs to get the open world content done in a reasonable timeframe. If dps are not at risk because they don’t have the capability’s of a healer then healers shouldn’t be slow. They gave just about all dps specs survival tools so why not make healers functional in open world. A slow open world healing spec is as anochronistic as needed bandages and or food between every pull cause your class has no heals.

this!

Honestly, if people really want healers to only heal and DPS to only DPS and not be able to tank things and tanks to only tank, guess we can make this like MMOs of old. FFXI, EQ, UO, etc where you had to group for EVERYTHING!

While tanks and healers had no problem getting on and finding a group, guess what DPS did? Sat around in towns doing little to nothing.
You know, as healers you get instaqueues, if you're not completely asleep you're basically immortal in outdoor content, you are a god in pvp, and as a downside of that it's going to take a while to kill stuff if you insist on going in on a healer spec.

Choices. Consequences. Deal.
STOP PLAYING SOLO HEALER AND HELP A DPS AND TWO PEOPLE BENEFIT.
It's an MMO for crying out loud.

/thread
08/23/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Waylay
STOP PLAYING SOLO HEALER AND HELP A DPS AND TWO PEOPLE BENEFIT.
It's an MMO for crying out loud.

/thread

by that mindset, DPS and tanks should stop being able to solo and have to work together/help others for things.

Basically, tanks need to lose sustainability and damage. DPS need to lose sustainability. IT'S AN MMO AFTER ALL!!!