Absorb Effects Not Working Almost Ever

Bug Report
120 Pally tank, tons of my azerite gear has absorb effects. Examples:

Bulwark of Light: Avenger's Shield grants you a shield, absorbing X damage for 8 sec.
Bulwark of the Masses: When you are surrounded by 4 or more enemies, gain a shield that absorbs X damage. Cannot occur more than once every 20 sec.
Resounding Protection: Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for X for 30 sec.

There are excellent abilities and when they work are the difference between feeling like a tank or feeling squishy. Unfortunately, these almost never work. I will watch as the buffs appear in the upper-right of my screen, see the visual indicator on my health bar that says I have an absorb effect ready to take damage for me, and then watch as mobs inflict direct damage to me and my health goes down.

This is a pretty big problem. A TON of my tanking is apparently based off of absorbing this damage. I also found a thread where a Priest is reporting Power Word: Shield is also not functioning correctly. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767717900

Also, for the record, sometimes the absorb effects work. I've been unable to distinguish so far what exactly causes it to work or not work.

Please fix this.
We realized that this was happening to us (prot paladin/disc priest) in our 3rd mythic 0. I thought that my prot paladin that I just ding 120 with was rly squishy in comparison to my dh and dk until I realized that the shield were not helping me at all......
You realize that the shields you get from those are pretty small, right?
It's about 5-7k for each of those.
Do you have any idea how often I cast Avenger's Shield?
This is not related, but whenever I'm on Netherwing Ledge, it seems like groups of the flayers/ravagers ignore damage mitigation (Prot Warrior here) and overwhelm my health bar much faster than any other group of mobs anywhere, even when I've used Ignore Pain, Last Stand, et cetera. I feel like these skills are not actually active.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's related to specific mobs rather than the skills themselves? Since PW: Shield and paladins are having problems too. Maybe you could see if it works consistently against certain mobs/types and not others? I know it probably won't make a difference to Blizzard if a couple people in this thread test it, but since I've been having a similar (but different) problem, this thread caught my eye.
It's consistently not working on any of the dungeon mobs I've been going up against for the last several hours. All regular dungeons.

So either Blizz doesn't want Azerite armor (and other absorb effects) to work at all (like Etamalgren up there for some odd reason) or it's a bug with absorb effects specifically.
08/25/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Vishiswaz
It's consistently not working on any of the dungeon mobs I've been going up against for the last several hours. All regular dungeons.

So either Blizz doesn't want Azerite armor (and other absorb effects) to work at all (like Etamalgren up there for some odd reason) or it's a bug with absorb effects specifically.

OR, you're underestimating how hard mobs are hitting you, considering you went from literal god at 110 to just an average joe at 120.
08/25/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Etamalgren
You realize that the shields you get from those are pretty small, right?
It's about 5-7k for each of those.

The discipline shield also bug and they are 30k shield.
I could see the shield on me, but my life was going down anyway.

It is not only the azerite trait 5-7k shield that does not work :S
I had to ask my friend to go holy instead of discipline so I would not die...
08/25/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Etamalgren
08/25/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Vishiswaz

OR, you're underestimating how hard mobs are hitting you, considering you went from literal god at 110 to just an average joe at 120.

Or MAYBE just MAYBE I'm NOT entirely stupid and can see the absorb effects on my health bar using my eyeballs and watch as it doesn't go down at all but my health bar does. And MAYBE I waited literally weeks to report it on this forum as I messed around with it to try to get it to work properly.

... why am I getting so much pushback from people over a !@#$%^- bug report?
As a Disc Priest that was healing a Prot pally, I can confirm you that it has nothing to do with how hard mobs hit. By the end of the run, My Overall Healing Data was showing negative healing for PW:S. Which means it was actually hurting the tank as well. There's is definatly a mechanic between Absorbs and Pally tanks that isn't working as intented, and I don't understand how a major bug like this keeps going under the radar.
I put a reply intothe post below, spent a couple hours today testing different scenarios and found it was mostly linked to instance groups. Read my reply near the end. as for self bubbles I don't know my azerite gear has heals instead of bubbles on it so I wasn't able to test that. I was able to 100% verify that disc priest power word shield would not work on me as long as I was in an instance group

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767628308
We ran as a premade group, in mythic 0s, So I'mpretty sure it's not working as intented in more than 1 ways.But what is surprising is I saw someone post about it dated from August 18th, so it's been over a week and nothing has been done, It hasn't even be aknowledged by blizzard.
Some people are saying it -can- work if not in an LFG group, or that the absorbs are being counted as hostile effects.
I've had problems with it while doing WQs as well.

At the moment though? Working as intended. I just logged on though so we'll see what happens.
Actually, looks like my Avenger's Shield just isn't giving me the absorb buff anymore. At all. So yeah. That's cool.

I just hope that's a sign it's being worked on.

Edit: Apparently I had just forgotten that after days of the absorb not working properly, I decided to go with a different option for my next Azerite gear. I currently am not using gear with Bulwark of Light on it, so I can't say whether or not it's working.
This was happening to me a few nights ago. I would Life Cocoon my prot pally and his health would go down with the absorb shield visibly on him - both the effect, and the bar. Usually the absorb would start taking damage 4-5 seconds into being on him. Consistently through the night the shield would go up, and his health would continue to go down. We had done Mythics with it working fine the week before that night, and we've done them since that night without issue as well. No idea what causes it, but the night it happened it was an issue through the 3 or so mythics we ran.
Still not fixed. So many hotfixes, nothing for this.