Jammer

Pet Battles
All right. I'm mad now. What the hell were the Devs thinking?

To defeat Jammer, we all have to take turns engaging him. And the respawn time is 15 minutes.

This assumes of course, that all players are going to play nicey-nice and wait their turns and no one is going to try to engage Jammer ahead of his turn, shafting someone who has waited a half an hour or more.

To say nothing of griefers with their AoEs whose sole purpose is to annoy other players.
It's ridiculous. I arrived and found close to a dozen people waiting and trying to figure out what was going on. Who thought this was a good idea?
We're working on this bug.

We'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible.
Forgive my ignorance, what exactly is Jammer?
You’ve Never Seen Jammer Upset.

Real talk though I got lucky and people took turns, was very cute.
08/28/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Lastgun

It's a pet battle world quest.
08/28/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Lastgun

Jammer is one of the world quests available today. It's a pet boss, looks like a Direhorn (a somewhat larger than the pet version), but not as large as the full-size versions that you see.

The Quest is called, "You've Never Seen Jammer Angry."

Apparently, since the community manager has said this is a bug, this is not "working as intended." I had thought that this was intentional.

He apparently exists as a real world "in the wild pet." Consequently, only one person can engage him at a time. And when he's defeated, he dies. And it takes him a full fifteen minutes to respawn.

Also as a "real world" pet, he's subject to our damaging attacks, so griefers can sit around spamming AoEs making sure that no pet battlers can engage him.
Glad to see a fix is n the works, I was lucky I only had to wait 10 mins for this guy, can't even imagine what it must be like on a high pop realm.
08/28/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Kaivax
We're working on this bug.

We'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you, Kaivax
So you're saying there's a... traffic jam at Jammer?

Sorry. Couldn't help it. Good to know devs are on it though!
Obviously a bug. Calm down.
It seems every day there's another bugged WQ, often these bugs were reported on the beta and not fixed by launched. This lack of polish is absolutely not commensurate with Blizzard's legacy of quality. What happened to "When it's done?"
There is a pet trainer in Drustvar I believe that is also attackable (she's in the mountain area close to a Champs quest) and can be killed last time the WQ was up. Luckily, no one was griefing or anything but it seems like something else that definitely needs to be fixed if it hasn't already.
I think the goblin was fixed the most recent time she was up - yesterday or day before - was broken the time she was up before that.
Seems fixed now. I just went & did it about an hour ago with no problems.
08/28/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Varaya

Well, yes, we know, since the Community Manager said it was. But I'm sure you knew that before they said so, right? Wink, wink.

The people I were hanging with at Jammer certainly didn't seem to think so.

Too bad they all aren't overwhelmingly brilliant like you, who can tell when something is a bug after a Community Manager explains that it's a bug.
08/28/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Loncis
08/28/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Varaya

Well, yes, we know, since the Community Manager said it was. But I'm sure you knew that before they said so, right? Wink, wink.

The people I were hanging with at Jammer certainly didn't seem to think so.

Too bad they all aren't overwhelmingly brilliant like you, who can tell when something is a bug after a Community Manager explains that it's a bug.
Actually, this was quite obviously a bug because it had happened to every other stand alone pet battle world quest beast on the beta, and several of them have started their live journeys in this state before being fixed. It is just a flag in the database that applies standard wild battle pet behaviors that needs to be changed to a different flag for beasts of fable-esque world quests.
Is this thread a joke? I walked up casually and beat Jammer with 2 plain old mech pets. Clockwork Gnome and ... whatever the raptor one is called.

Took maybe 5 turns.
08/29/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Hiperion
Is this thread a joke? I walked up casually and beat Jammer with 2 plain old mech pets. Clockwork Gnome and ... whatever the raptor one is called.

Took maybe 5 turns.

Did you read the OP? Obviously, you didn't. It's not about how difficult it is to defeat him. It's entirely unrelated issue, which apparently is a bug.

I soloed the entire fight with the Clockwork Gnome, okay?

08/29/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Stormbind
Actually, this was quite obviously a bug because it had happened to every other stand alone pet battle world quest beast on the beta, and several of them have started their live journeys in this state before being fixed.

Excuse me to pieces for not participating in Beta. For those that weren't aware of this issue plaguing Beta, it is quite reasonable to assume that this an unreasonable condition that the Devs tried to implement.

Much like the Yetis in the snow globes. First one to engage gets to capture the pet.