Rogue nerf that makes sense.

General Discussion
Evasion
Now makes all melee attacks Miss instead of Dodge. Duration 6 seconds, CD 2mins

Evasion and Cloak of Shadows share the same CD.
Just on the warpath today, eh? Incoming shots fired.
Warlock nerf.

When a rogue touches them they explode and come to the forums. Oh wait.
Dude. Climb down. Rogues are fine. We've been weak for three expacs in a row. Just because we're functioning as intended doesn't mean something is broken. And if you're having trouble fighting us, I'd suggest you get good.
Nerfing my pve because you're still bad at pvp? Hard pass every time.
08/29/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Illicere
Rogues are fine.

lol
We've been weak for three expacs in a row.

lmao
Be prepared to get a massive amount of incoming rogues who have no self awareness and think the fact they win 90% of their wpvp engagements is because they're personally skilled or their opponents need to "get good", and not because they're in ret paladin/disc priest tier.

Anyway, I don't know how we nerf them without screwing with their viability in places that matter more. Wpvp shouldn't be balanced around, and we have to see how they perform in arena first.

But as it stands rogues are busted in Wpvp. Rogues won't admit it but that's just the reality. I wouldn't touch them until we get into arena though, in that environment they might be balanced. We have to wait and see.
I have no problem saying that I am terrible in PvP, but that's not a reflection on the relative strength of the Rogue class vs. other classes. I personally suck at PvP.

That being said, no, Evasion and Cloak of Shadows don't need to share a cooldown. Cloak lasts for five seconds after activation, isn't on the GCD and has a two-minute cooldown. If you're a caster facing a rogue in PvP, you have to expect that we're going to use it. It's not going to be up every time we need it.
Rogues are not that OP tbh. However, we have a huge advantage over everyone else:

We get to plan our fights

I've been caught out of stealth with cooldowns down several times this xpac, and everytime I get absolutely murdered by some Paladin or Warrior with an axe to grind.

However, most of the time when I find prey, I'll sit and watch them for a little while. I'll watch them round up a bunch of mobs, and I'll wait for them to use cooldowns that I know would make life hard for me, and then I strike.

For instance: yesterday I came upon a DK that was soloing an elite mob. Easy target. So I waited for the DK's health to drop below 50, and for him to blow his survival cooldowns, and then I stunlocked him. It was great.

Yeah it's not fair, but it's hella fun.
08/29/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Skullbones
Nerfing my pve because you're still bad at pvp? Hard pass every time.

So using Evasion to dodge boss cleaves is a PvE nerf?

08/29/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Iggnatz
I have no problem saying that I am terrible in PvP, but that's not a reflection on the relative strength of the Rogue class vs. other classes. I personally suck at PvP.

That being said, no, Evasion and Cloak of Shadows don't need to share a cooldown. Cloak lasts for five seconds after activation, isn't on the GCD and has a two-minute cooldown. If you're a caster facing a rogue in PvP, you have to expect that we're going to use it. It's not going to be up every time we need it.

So being able to pop both Evasion and Cloak to become immune to every kind of CC is fair and balanced? Or having two/three defensives is fair/balanced?
08/29/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Wormsworth
Rogues are not that OP tbh. However, we have a huge advantage over everyone else:

I've been caught out of stealth with cooldowns down several times this xpac, and everytime I get absolutely murdered by some Paladin or Warrior with an axe to grind.

However, most of the time when I find prey, I'll sit and watch them for a little while. I'll watch them round up a bunch of mobs, and I'll wait for them to use cooldowns that I know would make life hard for me, and then I strike.

For instance: yesterday I came upon a DK that was soloing an elite mob. Easy target. So I waited for the DK's health to drop below 50, and for him to blow his survival cooldowns, and then I stunlocked him. It was great.

Sure it's fair - it's how Rogues are supposed to fight. Take advantage of your opponents weakness.
08/29/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Nephelina
So being able to pop both Evasion and Cloak to become immune to every kind of CC is fair and balanced? Or having two/three defensives is fair/balanced?

You say that like only Rogues have either of these.

DKs can also pop IBF and AMS to become immune to pretty much all CC except Incap and have two defensives, and they're not even the only other class that can become CC immune with their defensives. Most specs of most classes have 2-3 defensives.
i was killing a rare earlier today with 6 minutes left on the timer.

At about 40% of the add's hp a rogue opened on me.

I popped my defensives and blew lust, got him down to 50% and went back to hit the boss.

At 5% that rogue was still being sticky on me and managed to kill me because I blew my cooldowns on the boss.

Respawned. Killed him the same way he did me when i was on the boss, nuked it down before dying to him opening on me again, and proceeded to use the potion of concealment to camp him until he'd engage the boss.

He coulda made the timer if he played nice.

Being able to stealth open on rogues is plenty a nerf enough.
Dude. Climb down. Rogues are fine. We've been weak for three expacs in a row.

Lmfao!!!
The ideal rogue nerf would be if another rogue was within 10 yards they did 50% less damage. Really fun going to a WQ (almost always Champions) and getting the beat down from two rogues. It's like the "And Two Rogues" joke guild name came to life.

Same, i can't resist being that thorn to the tank/heals that mass pull a pack of mobs and they would've been fine if I wasn't lurking nearby in stealth.. I wait for health to drop to half or so, hop in and gank then vanish back to the shadows..

They hate us cause they ain't us.

Balance druids can plan their fights too. But that's funny because I'm noticing a distinct lack of complaints about balance druid strength in world pvp.

I can understand that when you're playing a class it's hard to admit when you're too strong. It de-legitimatizes your accomplishments and all that, I get it. But the issue isn't solely because you get to plan your fights. Your class is just strong on top of it.
08/29/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Seyliah
But as it stands rogues are busted in Wpvp.

How are we "busted"? Do you have anything to back this up or anecdotal evidence? Or is there some build that all Wpvp Rogues are using that is so "busted"?
08/29/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Seyliah
But as it stands rogues are busted in Wpvp. Rogues won't admit it but that's just the reality. I wouldn't touch them until we get into arena though, in that environment they might be balanced. We have to wait and see.

This just in: Stealth classes have gigantic advantages in world PVP.

Seriously, why is this news?