Demon hunters in BFA and beyond.

Story Forum
Hello fellow demon hunters. What are you doing now that the legion has been defeated, burning crusade ended, and sargeras imprisoned? Our leader gone. Do you have a stake in the faction conflict? Or are you travelling azeroth and outland hunting the remaining demons?
My DH isn't at BFA content just yet, but this is my head canon for him:

Since I created him toward the end of Legion, I pretend that he basically got missed in the initial vault of the wardens jailbreak, and wasn't around for any of the events of legion. He stumbles out into the daylight after Sargeras has been imprisoned and plunged his sword into the planet.

He's an old night elf, and like Illidan, he was more of a mage before he sacrificed everything to save Azeroth. He was definitely an academic, very interested in nerdy stuff like runes and history. He's also a nightborne enthusiast and he's sooooooo disappointed with Tyrande for spurning them so bad that they joined the horde. He's got a secret crush on Thalyssra but he knows that's hopeless.

He didn't have that much of a connection to Teldrassil or Darnassus, but he's obviously distraught about that in principle, and he's ready to take the fight to the horde, if only to have a purpose. I think that he's frustrated because he sacrificed everything to defeat the legion, but then he kinda missed the climax, the best case scenario payoff that happened as a result.

So now, he wants to find other ways to help the world and do good, but perhaps even more than that, he wants to reclaim some semblance of the life he lost -- by finding joy in old passions, by finding love, or by just being a generic hero who does simple good deeds. And yet, the only way he can be that hero now is by continuing to use evil powers for a good purpose, and he's decided that's justified, but it vexes him constantly. He'd rather just go back to being a mage, making children laugh by turning critters into sheep, instead of hiding behind their mothers' skirts when he rides through town.
Same thing Death Knights are doing I guess.
You guys can come hangout at Icecrown Citadel with us if you want. Bolvar has been hosting some wicked parties while we are waiting for the horde and alliance to kill each other enough for us to launch Operation: Scourge Jr.
08/29/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Bronwyn
finding love

This one is interesting to me. I am unsure of what Xaela is doing. But Xaela was a diehard Demon Hunter. Her mate died fighting next to her side in the war of the ancient which lead to her becoming a demon hunter in the first place. At this point she couldn't even imagine nor desire the possibility of a romantic or sexual relationship. One of her major strength that made her useful in the fight against the legion is her seeming immunity to the charms of succubus and the likes.
Currently lurking through Kul'Tiras. I like Stromsong Valley, but the tide sages weird me out more than warlocks.
https://allaroundazeroth.tumblr.com/post/176754264240/mad-maddie-wuh-whats-even-the-pooooint-of
08/30/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Persephoneo
https://allaroundazeroth.tumblr.com/post/176754264240/mad-maddie-wuh-whats-even-the-pooooint-of

That's actually really funny.
In an ironic twist of fate, the DKs are one the few classes in which the class campaign is actually recognized in the BFA narrative, the other one being the druids (I think).

Everyone else are just "adventurers" now.

But yeah,
08/29/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Verlius
You guys can come hangout at Icecrown Citadel with us if you want. Bolvar has been hosting some wicked parties while we are waiting for the horde and alliance to kill each other enough for us to launch Operation: Scourge Jr.

Pretty much this tbh, as long as the words "what have you sacrificed?" are not uttered you guys can crash the Acherus anytime, we'll get drinks, snacks or something.
They became Horde Hunters.
Hunting those filthy, traitorous Void Elves, obviously.
Well, the only canon DH we've seen in BfA I believe is Marius, who is out hunting down demons with Tehd again.

I'd assume the spread would be mostly a skeleton crew on the Fel Hammer seeking out any remnants of the Legion and ensuring they don't begin to reform. Others probably settled down or attempted to reconnect with their families, their primary objective reached. Others probably pledged their glaives to their respective factions either to protect/avenge their people or just have something to keep the demon in their head busy.

I have two demon hunters. One of them has pledged herself fully to Magni's cause, taking Illidan's Moments of Reflection message to heart. She doesn't really "get" the nature-y healing the wounds of Azeroth business, but she's good at killing. She's hyper-focused on hunting down mining operations and shutting them down with some properly applied murder.

The other became a demon hunter because she wanted the power to protect her family. And, now that the demons have been pushed back and she's returned to them, she found that they'd pledged themselves to their faction's war effort. She feels guilty about the strain she put on her relationship with them, so she's putting everything into the war effort in hopes of protecting them and trying to find common ground.
08/30/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Lena
They became Horde Hunters.

You rang?
I think Night Elf demon hunters actually have some of the most interesting class lore right now.

They were shunned from their own society, and now that society has just been decimated.

Night Elf Demon Hunters, the outcasts, now have their entire civilization as the outcasts.

Do they take the high ground, and help their people out?

Or do they hold onto their petty hatred, and not get involved?

In either case, it's much more interesting of an angle than Blood Elf demon hunters... who are basically just warlocks without pets, so far as Silvermoon is concerned.
Being buddy/buddy with us void elves. We also sacrificed everything.
08/30/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Aira
Being buddy/buddy with us void elves. We also sacrificed everything.

They knowingly sacrificed everything.

Night Elf DH: Its over Tyrande! I have the high ground!

Tyrande: You underestimate my p.....

Malfurion: Hush Tyrande!

Sorry had to do it.
08/30/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Shobbs

Night Elf DH: Its over Tyrande! I have the high ground!

Tyrande: You underestimate my p.....

Malfurion: Hush Tyrande!

Sorry had to do it.

Well I'm glad you apologized.

Load off my mind.
Welcome new mama of Demon hunters MAIEV! *ducks*

There has to be some reason she didnt follow illidan when he left with the pantheon.
Mine as always will look at the bigger threat that plagues Azeroth as they and no DH really should have any interest in the Faction War.

I like to imagine most NE Dh’s are like illidan and are of the mindset of we sacrificed much we owe you all nothing you shunned us so we’ll stay over her and keep the world safe from a distance.