Tank aggro to low.

General Discussion
Tank aggro is so low I’m noticing toxicity against most tanks currently.

Right now mobs just ignore taunt I’m seeing this on Druid tanks, and monks.

Right now it’s just not fun it’s just a taunt fest constantly. When I heal I’m seeing the same thing is bothering a lot of tanks.

I understand a lot will act immature and say l2p but this issue is effecting tens of thousands of players so it’s a large scale issue.

If you play a tank you know it’s a frustration and takes away from enjoying the dungeons.
It is both a tank issue and a dps issue, DPS needs to learn to let tank get agro. I burst 20k crits and will tear agro of the tank with barely a thought. So I learned to use my utilities and wait a second or 2 before piping in.
I'm not having an issue so far, but all of my runs have been with a full group of friends. That may be the reason i'm having no issues, though.
I hoped it wasnt just me. Also my main issue is dps thinking "pff this is simple" and start pulling the mobs for me. The usual response is "get gud" or "hurry up", but what most dont realize is this could be someone first time here, not me but maybe the other dps or heals?
I think you guys are right that it’s a combination of things.

Aggro is not effective enough.
Dps pulls mobs and makes it hard on tanks to pull aggro off them.

Dps are not patent enough to let tank get aggro before attacking.

Do you guys think healer and dps aggro attacks are causing to much?
Healer is very minor and generally never the issue. Its people in a massive rush thinking we should be able to clear all three rooms in one pull.
It's really not when it's a team effort.

Good luck trying to pass that onto LFG lickers.

3 SUNDERS OR KICK, SCRUB
I'm just wondering if this will either stabilize or get worse as the expansion goes on and the dps gets higher and higher. I'm wondering if tank threat will even remotely scale in relation to the dps threat, but right now I'm thinking it won't. Mythic+ at the end of Legion was the same aoe-fest that Wrath heroics were at the end and we got Cata heroics as a result. So there's that.
tanking maybe nerf a bit...but the main issue is ppl still don't understand how to pull or manage aggro...
my character was a tank all the way before getting artifact weapon...and the way how the DPS in the group rush...make me just shake my head and hope they don't die before i regain aggro...
trying those stunts in vanilla without proper pull and aggro management will see wipe after wipe...
I kept doing that on my hunter before BFA dropped

I just kept forgetting like “oh I should probably run to the tank now though... I should probably wait a few seconds next pack....”

“OH PEOPLE TO KILL AOE AOE”

I mean I never died and never yelled at the tank and no one ever yelled at me so I dunno

I knew I was doing wrong but I don’t think anyone cared at the time
I noticed the same in dungeons as well. Specifically for ranged classes that even the dots sometimes would cause the tank to lose aggro. Blizz definitely needs to tweak it a bit
I have only done like 3-4 dungeons so far but it seems like most tanks just target one mob and expect aoe to keep threat one everything, when they could be swapping targets and using single target moves to get higher threat on multiple mobs. That being said my tricks of the trade is always on cd now it seems.
Or just have mobs stick on the tank like glue like it was before.
whilst i dont care about that personally, this change is probably negatively effecting the poor saps trying to lfg the current instances. nothing like beating down those who still dare to hope that next time the run will be smooth and fun, the next time, i will have a good group and it will be fun.

yea. we gotta snuff that horse hockey out right now.
Tank aggro is fine. No tank in my guild or myself have had any issue. Titanslayer btw.

Become better at the video game.
Stop trying to pull everything.
It's one more thing to chase people away from tanking or thinking about becoming a tank.
Weird, the dungeon I ran had a druid tank that had zero trouble keeping aggro.
people are use to instant attack as the tank pulls you gotta to let them build aggro now
Omen is your friend
08/15/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Rhaneys
Tank aggro is so low I’m noticing toxicity against most tanks currently.

Right now mobs just ignore taunt I’m seeing this on Druid tanks, and monks.

Right now it’s just not fun it’s just a taunt fest constantly. When I heal I’m seeing the same thing is bothering a lot of tanks.

I understand a lot will act immature and say l2p but this issue is effecting tens of thousands of players so it’s a large scale issue.

If you play a tank you know it’s a frustration and takes away from enjoying the dungeons.

Kick the DPS pulling aggro.