Why can a level 110 kill me?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 23 Next
08/18/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Nastyhoof
This is new to you? Obviously not a long time player. In BC I was able to gank 70's on my 64 Set while waiting for Wrath.

Exactly this. Back in Vanilla a couple level 50s could take out a level 60. It makes more sense if you think about it, that multiple characters, close in level to their opponent, should be able to take out the higher level character.
08/18/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Hecatomb
Remember when you were an MVP?

I don't remember you. Who were you?
08/18/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Hecatomb
08/18/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Snowfox
You don't have to do anything, you have nothing but choices.

One of those choices though, is to improve your skill at pvp.

Remember when you were an MVP?

Ha.

This isn’t a skill issue.

The truth is, my auto attacks should kill a level 110. I had 28k health at 110 and now have ~90k.

But instead, I’m being absolutely crushed. Not leaving a dent. Where is the learn to play there?
08/18/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Shadow
08/18/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Narshyl
While ya'll say its a L2P issue, git gud, ect

This was an issue in Beta, where level 60s/70s were cucking 120s easily.

but yeah,lets ignore the issue cuz PVE #1

Couldn’t agree more.

Clearly the people posting L2P aren’t understanding the current workings of the game.

Trust me, this is not a L2P issue.

Really ? Cuz I leveled from 110 to 120 with plenty of horde gankers.. some fights I won and some I did not.. @120 I have not really had any issue with anything lower then me tho if they know how to play they put up a hell of a fight...

Frankly I think you are just used to ganking under leveled / under geared players, you went there to gank.. any other reason you would of had warmode off.. You keep wanting us to call it what it is but you wont even call it what it is.
08/18/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Razeron
08/18/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Shadow

What’s fair about 1 level 114 pally killing 2 level 120 rogues at the same time?

Even if the pally was 120 you should still be able to kill him with two rogues lol. L2P.

It's not a l2p issue. It's a gear scaling issue. A fresh 120 who has replaced all his 110 gear will lose to his 110 self since their legendaries still work.
08/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Shavìa
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Couldn’t agree more.

Clearly the people posting L2P aren’t understanding the current workings of the game.

Trust me, this is not a L2P issue.

Really ? Cuz I leveled from 110 to 120 with plenty of horde gankers.. some fights I won and some I did not.. @120 I have not really had any issue with anything lower then me tho if they know how to play they put up a hell of a fight...

Frankly I think you are just used to ganking under leveled / under geared players, you went there to gank.. any other reason you would of had warmode off.. You keep wanting us to call it what it is but you wont even call it what it is.

As always, I leave people alone. They attacked me first I was doing WQs. And why would I even think a 110 would try and kill me? I left them alone assuming they would do the same.

I like having war mode on.

I don’t care if I lose a fight against someone my level.
Keep the "I can't gank anymore" stories coming.
08/18/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Shadow
08/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Shavìa

As always, I leave people alone. They attacked me first I was doing WQs.

I'm sure... You said there were 2 of you right ??? both rogues... Ya, cuz im sure he was like ya... look 2 120 rogues lets party.. Come on dude, this is not our first rodeo.... Stay the heck out of warmode..
08/18/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Floyln

Also the "Why am I FORCED to flag for Warmode"? whining.
I for one am enjoying the salt from the tables being turned on max level players who want to camp people leveling.

I like how if you play a rogue it’s cause you like to gank.

No one plays a rogue because they enjoy it right?
The low lvls still have their broken leggos to back them up :)
08/18/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Amarlly

I believe they are using the scaling tech to put you both on even footing. You know, a fair fight, something Hordies are allergic to

What’s fair about 1 level 114 pally killing 2 level 120 rogues at the same time?

About as fair as two level 120 rogues trying to gank a 114 paladin?
08/18/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Shadow
Just a side,

Some people are saying it will smooth over with better gear.

Well, this is the start of an expansion (not a pre-patch).

I don’t think I’m asking alot for stuff to be balanced right now.
I rather agree. Though I have to confess, there's nothing they can do to "balance" things for me. I think any 110 without legendaries would be able to kill me at 120, given how bad I am at PvP. I haven't tried, but if I did do some wPvP and managed to kill someone, that would be proof positive that there's something very, very wrong with wPvP.
08/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Snowfox

I like how you’re trying to twist this, completely glazing over the actual issue.

Do you play WoW or just sit on the forums all day trying to sound smart?
08/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Shadow

2 v 1 is about ganking.
08/18/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Shadow
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I like how you’re trying to twist this, completely glazing over the actual issue.

True or False?

At any time, you could turn warmode off and bypass this entire issue?
08/18/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Shadow
08/18/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Woodnote
"PvP happened on a- ... erm, wait. Warmode happened in Warmode?" :P

Haven’t heard that one yet. Not complaining about pvping happening in war mode. I’m complaining about if you put me at 110 with my legendaries against myself now, the 110 version of me would win. Every single time.
Agreed, it is totally out of whack right now, but it will correct itself in time when your necklace becomes powerful and you start getting all the raid gear.
But a bummer for now, yep.
08/18/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Floyln
08/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Shadow

2 v 1 is about ganking.

We were questing, pally came at us. Neither of us had stealth opener. I stilled assumes we would have won.

True or False?

At any time, you could turn warmode off and bypass this entire issue?

Very true.

So I miss out on fun world pvp because of a broken system?