(Disc) Does anyone else kind of miss Plea?

Priest
I don't hate the change that made PW Shield our spammable spot "heal" but I do kind of miss having a quick spell like Plea that helped close small gaps of health in quick situations. Maybe it's just a core element of the class's gameplay I need to readjust to but I do kind of still miss having the spell.
Nope.
I don't miss Plea but I do miss the old PW:S.
Ya I do. It should come back
Nope, plea was a terrible spell and idea, PWS serves the exact same capacity.
Nobody ever used Plea to heal, it was strictly to apply atonements.

Your spell to close small gaps of health is called Smite.
bring back weakened soul and make pw shield absorb an amount that makes it worth casting other than as an atonement applicator...
I love the new PW:S in place of Plea. Yes it's true that it doesn't do much on it's own, but it makes so much more sense for the class design. Think about it - the goal of Plea and the new PW:S are both instant cast atonement applicators. Disc is a proactive, not reactive healing spec, so they should be cast mainly before targets take damage. So when you look at it that way, a tiny bubble is actually useful while the overhealing from Plea doesn't do anything.
08/22/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Azorios
bring back weakened soul and make pw shield absorb an amount that makes it worth casting other than as an atonement applicator...

That's what Rapture is for. If you haven't been using Rapture much, try it. I basically use if off CD in Mythics and it's incredibly helpful. The CD on it is pretty short so it can be used a ton during a single run.
Not at all.

God no.
Nope.

So... you want to revert us to a playstyle where our only purpose is to spam shields on the raid before a major AoE mechanic hits?

Coupled with us then being forced to use a different worthless skill (Plea) in place of our atonement applicator in groups? So you now use 3.0s of global cooldowns for Shield + Plea, when now we can do it in 1.5s (with smaller shield.) That extra 1.5s you saved is a full Smite.
I miss it. It was always useful to top people off between mobs.
08/22/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Aeowynne
I miss it. It was always useful to top people off between mobs.

I just use Shadow Mend, even though it's not instant cast. DoT doesn't apply out of combat. If Shadow Mend is gonna do a ton of overhealing I just either PW:Shield the person with missing HP before the next pull in addition to the tank, or if it's the whole group just rip a charge of Radiance.
HELL NO

Wish granted!

'Weakened Soul' is now called 'Rapture is on CD'

Plea can stay in the garbage where it belongs as far as I'm concerned. Our mini shields are far superior and suit our identity to a T!

~Lil
08/21/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Moringa
I hated Plea. I'm really happy it's gone.
I miss clarity of will =(
No but I'd love for Smite to have a chance to increase the absorption of your next PW:S by 300% or something. Maybe let it stack twice. Would help tank healing a lot in dungeons.
08/21/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Moringa

This... I've benched this character for BFA but I really miss the busyness of the old PW:S, Schism, and legendary belt that always kept me on my toes. I'm glad Solace is an option now, but this spec is a lot less fun for me without our old low cooldown skills.
I liked to spam plea when we were running from one pack of trash to another to try and top people off. This really only worked late in Legion though cause of mana... Literally the only thing about plea that was useful other then atonement. Now I just yell at the DPS that I can't heal them when they run away from me. Problem solved and I get to yell at people so I guess I'm happy with that.