Raid Buffs

Shaman
So I was thinking, Shaman Raid buffs - one thing we never had. This idea dates back to the original shaman weapon buffing abilities done in classic version of wow. Only difference here is they aren't applied to just the shaman, but to the raid!

*LifeGiving weapon - should increase healing received/done by 5%
*Flameband weapon - increase magical damage by 5%
*Frostband weapon - increase magical resistance by 5%

Non stackable of course unless with multiple shamans.

It will also help balance out most of the issues with elemental damage being weaker, healing numbers being lower, and of course our defensive capabilities for solo play, as well as dungeon/raid.

After clocking over 2500 hours on this character as a healer and damage spec, 3-4k on both priests and pally's I think I am a little bit entitled to an opinion, and a good suggestion.
We had buffs in our totems. Stoneskin totem gave armor, totem of wrath, grace of air totem, mana spring, etc. it’s not a new concept. We had a passive that gave everyone mastery too at one point.
Check your history my friend. Shamans had raid wide buffs for years. Till about cata when they were all but phased out. I miss those days
Wasn't what I was suggesting, totems like that will just be limited to 1 spec or another (like current for elemental), I remember mana spring and grace of air, but I doubt blizzard wants to go that way considering there's been a dumbing down of classes. That's why I was suggesting smaller raid buffs on a similar scale, based off the classic versions. That they took away(from solo use).. we already have totems, but 'enhancing weapons' and such are still in the descriptions.. but in reality we have no way to actually do that.. since all of those abilities got changed to cd skill rotations.

But even those abilities from the most of the old totems (minus mana-which is now maelstrom generation) still currently exsist in 'totem mastery' but on a smaller scale (%2 haste instead of 5... etc) and solo only for shaman.. So why bother duplicating the totems?
08/22/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Skaptimus
Check your history my friend. Shamans had raid wide buffs for years. Till about cata when they were all but phased out. I miss those days
You like the others took my ideas the wrong way.. I know my history I was there for it, and I also recognize that 1 spec still contains a weakened version of those totems with minor changes that matches the classes current state..

With this in mind I changed the approach to ask for something else we lost, and isn't available in any specs.
Windfury Totem, Totem of Wrath, these were the unique poweful raid wide shaman buffs. Not the homogenized Grace of Air and other crap that was just set and forget.
It makes no sense when you say shamans never had raid wide buffs.

Either way, your suggestion is alright, just use a weapon buff of choice that applies to the raid? It's kinda boring like the Monks debuff that increases physical dmg taken by 5%.
I'd like more cooldown based, intuitive raidwide buffs, like an earthen wall totem that shields the raid for a short time you can pop in response to a boss doing a large raid dmg mechanic (like a warrior rallying cry)
or a totem like windfury or wrath that buffs the raid for a short time during an increased damage taken phase or a priority add or something
We don’t get these things as addons we get them in lieu of.

Put more simply they remove personal dps to make up for the buffs.

This is why shaman and paladins begged for many years to rid us of these.

Now you want them back.

No.
I agree with everyone else when I say bring the shaman player not the buff.
I am also still an advocate for interesting cooldowns for the party to utilize like the pivotal Spirit Link Totem.
I’d like to see something like that given to Elemental and Enhancement but damage oriented.
Just to clarify, old Shaman buffs were not raid wide, but party only. It was actually fun since you set-up your groups to spread out the buffs, or stack healers with Mana Spring/Tide.
08/22/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Azuredreams
So I was thinking, Shaman Raid buffs - one thing we never had. This idea dates back to the original shaman weapon buffing abilities done in classic version of wow. Only difference here is they aren't applied to just the shaman, but to the raid!

*LifeGiving weapon - should increase healing received/done by 5%
*Flameband weapon - increase magical damage by 5%
*Frostband weapon - increase magical resistance by 5%

Non stackable of course unless with multiple shamans.

It will also help balance out most of the issues with elemental damage being weaker, healing numbers being lower, and of course our defensive capabilities for solo play, as well as dungeon/raid.

After clocking over 2500 hours on this character as a healer and damage spec, 3-4k on both priests and pally's I think I am a little bit entitled to an opinion, and a good suggestion.

Easy fix.
Give only Shamans heroism again, take away drums, take away mages, hunters and god knows who else that has the ability.

Easy fix, do it.