Balance druids, are you happy with your dps?

Druid
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
09/02/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Shauleynna
09/02/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Aewendil

Hardly destroyed. Boomkin is within 10% of every ranged DPS spec bar Arcane and Affliction, which are outliers.

Can we stop being so dramatic?

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

LMAO wut, I think we have a right to complain. Dead Last, over 3000 dps below monk. Stop accepting mediocrity.

Every ranged class is almost 3000 dps below monk. This is deliberate. If you want to top DPS then you play a melee class, this is the paradigm since Legion. It's no coincidence that literally every melee spec is better than literally every ranged spec. The only ones out of place there are affliction and arcane which will get nerfed.
Balance does not feel smooth at all. on a target dummy you can see acceptable results but when you have to do a lot of moving the DPS loss is very noticeable.. it's making it hard to find groups for mythics.
its sad I get asked to leave guild raids because my balance dps is low....

Just don't know what to do... even talking about going guardian and blame it on the healer.
09/28/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Zarnia

Just don't know what to do... even talking about going guardian and blame it on the healer.

Can you post actual proof? I have been fine even post the SS nerf and gained ~5 % buff with the recent changes. In my guild (only boomkin), heroic Uldir I stay top 3 consistently or even top meters most fights.

Think the problem lies more in your gear than your specs dps. You barely have the gearscore to que for heroics. Go do some heroics, then m0, and a few m+ and see what happens. Balance dps isnt the best but its also not the worst, and is very strong on a few fights in uldir.
08/26/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Ashaszun
Loving Balance so far. I've completed all mythics so far in both lockouts and I am top DPS or 2nd DPS in every trash pull or boss fight.

Even after the nerf to High Noon it's still viable if you stack them to run them through heroic dungeons. It is even still decent in M0's if everyone is 330+ ilvl and stuff just melts before you can build up AP. Even in open world content and world quests 3x High Noon is great for quick fights.

I started to sim myself last night and I am simming at 10,917 in my best gear on a 5 min patchwerk fight.

Loving Force of Nature too. It has helped save groups from a few wipes when the tank pulls more than he can handle.

What is your talent tree and rotation please I wish to do this amount
I actually recently switched to TROLL to get that very very tiny dps boost from the racial. I loved my high mountain cow. We do what we must to stay as high as we can in the dps race. Also like to add that recently I have been testing on Uldir trash. Starfall is out of my rotation as I do much better dps in aoe packs with my dots and using starsurge to keep my empowered lunar strikes and wraths. Wow I miss legion so much at this point. Never have I tried so many combos in a raid in all my life. At this point I try to just be the best at mechanics and hope that's enough to drop some other dps down to my lvl. :/

Is this a joke, or do you have another druid that you are not posting on? You are 313 ilvl.

If you are serious you need better pre raid gear from.. basically anything. Heroic dungeons drop 325 gear. Timewalking this week drops 335 gear. Normal mythic dungeons drop 340. Hell you can probably get upgrades from some world quests.
I have no problem with the class design. I do have a problem that my 350 DK does drastically more raid and m+ dps than my 358 boomkin. That being said, frost DK feels completely gutted and is horrendous in pvp so it's a loss either way.

Maybe its dependent on gear, but most of methods live streams had boomkin absolutely murdering the dps charts.
Ok help me understand this:

Currently in Uldir stats

feral 11th place
balance 19th place

However this Tuesday feral is suppose to be getting buffed.?!
Feral
All damage increased by 4%.
09/30/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Mahekun

Maybe its dependent on gear, but most of methods live streams had boomkin absolutely murdering the dps charts.

Might be that the guild needs people for certain bosses because they drop azerite gear or non essential for boomkin.

I got sat for M Zek'voz because it doesn't really drop an essential upgrade. No biggie tbh.

Get mof x3 traits keep u 9k dps all the time
I appreciate the devs buffing us, but it wasn't enough.

When it comes to AOE, everyone else is better at normal/typical AOE pulls.....
Demon Hunters - thanks to busted af Eye Beam.
Mages
Locks
Rogues
Etc.

The only time our AOE outshines others is if we GREATLY out ilvl the group we're in, say a 380 boomy running Normal Uldir with a bunch of 340's...
OR, if the AOE fight is a massive pull and prolonged.......which is simply NOT the norm. I've had these mass prolonged AOE moments here and there........like today when the Uldir group I was with pulled three Zul trash packs by accident, our boss-mode healers kept everyone alive for a very long aoe fight and after initially being outshined by everyone, I was able to slowly creep up with better sustained AOE. BUT I REPEAT, to see that better sustained AOE numbers, you need a big prolonged AOE pull that is simply NOT the norm in Mythic+ or PVE End-Game in general.

So what should they NOT do to fix the problem?

- Buff Streaking Stars.

Not only was it a giant tease to have absurdly insane 30k burst just for it to drop like a rock to 10k if you were lucky, but no class should be SO HEAVILY dependent on one trait that didn't even really fix our Single Target issue. It was a kid-size bandaid and a tease, and that is NOT the way to fix our problem for the long term.

So what can they do to fix the problem?
I've seen people suggest some kind of rework, but that's really not necessary. To me, it's as simple as:

- Create New Passives
- Buff Mastery
- Buff Solar Wrath

Solar Wrath needs to be a stronger single target filler - simple as that.

The damage bonus our Astral Power abilities get from our Mastery, needs to be buffed. It's currently absolutely pathetic!
Think about this for a moment........we got a flat damage buff to our astral power abilities, and even with most of us sitting on 28-30%+ Mastery, it didn't move us up the meters list AT ALL. The Mastery bonus is pure crap, and we need a noticeable increase - especially in relation to Starfall - would help with both AOE and Single Target.

By New Passives, I basically mean something like what another person said here on this thread already..........let Moonfire and Sunfire generate 1-2AP per tick(not together, separately - so effectively 2-4AP a second if you have both dots up), or let Starfall apply your dots automatically to anyone caught within the AOE and let both dots either 100% crit on first tick, or have a higher than normal (say 15-20% higher) chance of crits from your dots for the duration of Starfall.

------------

I don't want to make Boomys busted, so if anything here proved to be TOO busted, then fine - cut back on what I said, however - we need some freaking casters who are top tier......AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT WASN'T MAGES OR LOCKS FOR ONCE(unless Fire Mages, since they need love ffs)......
I want to see Spriest, Ele Shammys, and yes - Boomys, buffed to compete heavily with these freaking Melee specs - a bunch who have little punishments for bad play and not enough vulnerabilities.

it is highly unfair for BFA to continue being a Melee Expansion at PVE Endgame, it's not fair or fun for millions of caster mains, especially those of us at the very bottom - like Boomys.
09/30/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Wildflöwer
you need a big prolonged AOE pull that is simply NOT the norm in Mythic+ or PVE End-Game in general.

mythic zekvoz + mythrax would like to have a word
09/30/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Verdinand
09/30/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Wildflöwer
you need a big prolonged AOE pull that is simply NOT the norm in Mythic+ or PVE End-Game in general.

mythic zekvoz + mythrax would like to have a word

Knew someone would mention Mythrax and/or G'huun....
Two fights.
We can pad meters, on two fights, by spamming dots........woooopie.
Boomys on G'huun are silly since we can pad meters with an absurd amount of dots on an absurd amount of adds.

Yeahhhhh, I'll take REAL sustained dps vs. padding meters on a couple fights due to dots while our raw st damage, and general every aoe damage, remain crap.

And Zek, haven't reached him on Mythic. Assuming he has more adds on Mythic, or perhaps the more health makes it more prolonged?!......because on Heroic and Normal they're burned way too quickly to count as a prolonged aoe/add fight. But i suppose, depending on how your raid team is built, you could perform well on meters during that fight's AOE pulls........but if your team is stacked with all the classes that have better AOE.....hah!
I'm not sure why everyone is under the belief that Balance Druids need to be buffed. I've been performing just fine this expansion, with or without Streaking Stars, and I feel just fine playing Balance. Its a fun spec, and performs very well in raiding, M+, and PvP when not facing a disc priest. Lets also not take sims as the first and final word on whether or not a spec is good or not; simulations will never take into account real gameplay. To everyone struggling as a Balance druid, make sure you have enough crit and haste. I know secondary stats are pretty low right now, so acquiring around 13% haste will do wonders for the cast time of your spells (it was a noticeable difference to me, at least). Make sure you're using the right talents; Soul of the Forest is more useful as a balanced single target/aoe talent than you may think. Use Starlord if you are good at optimizing it. Incarnation is great, but keep in mind that using it reduces the power of SS by 33% (source: Icy Veins Talent guide for Balance). Try using Nature's Balance, and Fury of Elune; you'd be surprised how much AP you can generate and how fast you can generate it. I've been in numerous runs in normal and heroic Uldir, and M+, and even rogues have had to step up their game in order to top my dps. Check your rotation, and make sure that you have 100% uptime on your dots.
It is quite enjoyable that my burst dps depends on wether the healer !@#$s up during my innervate or not :)
Balance damage is in a terrible spot.

Bliz did a terrible job with azerite traits! The damage difference between the highest and lowest traits is a really poor design. That balance druids can go from worst single target dps to OK is proof.

Mastery is a joke. The stat that boosts empowered effects is balances worst stat.

Baseline LS and SW hit like wet noodles. 2 PotM traits makes MF do more damage than SW.

The AoE ability (Starfall) is only worth using at 4 to 5 adds.

Balance does have a fun priority/rotation and some great utility with the right talents but terrible by comparison in damage.
Start by making mastery a useful stat. It's impossible to avoid on the majority of uldir gear.

Its pathetically weak compared to even versatility. Start there. See where we end up. #Make mastery great again!
(I'd settle for good instead of great)