I feel like I am at the age where I should not game.

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
I am approaching my mid-twenties, and during those times it is imperative that I focus on building my career and graduating from university.

I have been taking it slow all my life, and it is time where I need to increase the pace of achieving my goals.

Video games are such a huge time-killer, and I don't have the amount of time to be able to invest in a huge time-sink like World of Warcraft.

How do you guys manage?
Work hard play hard. Use your work time as efficiently as possible.
Time management. Priorities. Not playing when I can't. In a few years, things get steady, and you can almost get back to your old playtime.
Stressful jobs help us play games as they are a good escape from the daily grind.
It's very easy. Work a low pay job and get low rent and then just game all day between shifts. Many mythic raiders have been doing this for years.
Balance. I went back to school in my 30s, worked, and had several children. Game time was my reward for myself once all my other priorities were handled.
I work, wow is my relief valve from that.

It's about integrating wow where it should be instead of making it your whole life. I mean I post a lot here, but if you look at it from a time standpoint, it's not even close to the amount of time people spend in wow raiding.
Who cares, just do what you enjoy. Life is too short to worry about what other people think of what you do in your free time.
I worked hard when i was young so I could play games in retirement. Time is your most valuable commodity and you' have wasted yours if you're in your mid twenties and have no direction. I graduated college before I was 21 and had my first job. You will probably work until you die if you ever get around to doing any. Probably best to just not do anything and keep playing WoW. Someone will probably pay your bills anyway.
I was lucky MMORPG's were not around when I was in school, otherwise I may have dropped out of college.
A wise decision on your part would be to focus on school if you don't have the discipline to manage your time away from this game.
Video games will always be there. You don't want to be redoing school at age 50 cuz you were raiding, lol.
I also found this to be an issue in my mid-twenties, but there is a way to beat it and still play.

Always, always, always make sure work comes before play. When play comes first, everything else suffers. Have a sink full of dishes? Do them before you log in. Have homework to do? Finish it before you log in. Have a project due Monday? Finish it before you log in. Wife/husband want some time with you? Spend time with them - then log in!

I promise you, if you follow this simple strategy you will be able to game guilt free (assuming your S.O. doesn't have a problem with it) and still have a very successful life.
08/27/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Menard
It's very easy. Work a low pay job and get low rent and then just game all day between shifts. Many mythic raiders have been doing this for years.

lol, really? haha, that's funny. Mythic raiders, the elite french fry dispensers, lol.
The meaning or purpose of life is only relevant to ourselves if you've decided that moving on from gaming is what you want to do then that is the direction you should go. I'm older than you and still enjoy gaming and if I die in a few years with my greatest life achievement being "The Insane" (which I don't have) at least I had fun, I think your goal should be to not be miserable, whatever gets you there man.
Moderation.

Set a limit for yourself. Max 2-3 hours per night for Wow. That leaves a lot of time for career and university and other things.
I am an Emergency Medicine physician in real life. I went to college, medical school and medical residency all while playing WOW off and on. Video games don’t hold you back, you hold yourself back.
08/27/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Feelzbrah

Video games is such a huge time-killer and I don't have the amount of time to be able to invest in a huge time-sink like World of Warcraft.

How do you guys manage?

I did the opposite of what you are saying, basically messing around for 25 years or so.

Now I'm 51, working at a "Big Box Hardware Store" (with no degree, though I basically went to college for nine years in my 20's.)

I'm also single, with no kids or pets!

Living the dream!

So yeah, I'd focus on that college thing in a major with a guaranteed good job.
Fortunately for Me there was not internet gaming when I was in school, I got my 1st undergrad degree @20 , 2nd @ 22 and masters by 25. Now I’m 46, have teenage kids and a wife and I play to relieve stress in the evenings around helping wife around the house.
You do You.
08/27/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Feelzbrah
I am approaching my mid-twenties, and during those times it is imperative that I focus on building my career and graduating from university.

I have been taking it slow all my life and it is time where I need to increase the pace of achieving my goal.

Video games is such a huge time-killer and I don't have the amount of time to be able to invest in a huge time-sink like World of Warcraft.

How do you guys manage?

Age is a state of mind.

Never let others or society "tell" you how or what you should be doing.
I've been there a couple times.