Yrel is commiting genocide on Mag'har

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
08/29/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Cytriss
I find the whole scenario to be too perplexing to get worked up over.

It is explained why the first visit to AU Draenor was 35 years ago and this recent trip is 'modern times?' Or just because they wanted to show off Illuminating Legion?
Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff.
I will say and carry this to my grave; Take any form of ques or narration from WoD and it will be a mistake.

The positive of this; We get to see the darker underside of the Draenei.

The negative of this; This technically isn't the Draenei, it's the Light.

I've a suspicion that Blizzard knows the whole story is garbage but is willing to shovel it out there just to rile up the playerbase, as it is now, to carry it's momentum and defend it, instead of calling Blizzard out for it.

Cause if there's one thing I want to forget; it is the Orc story telling of WoD and the implications.
Good. Die stupid Orcs. Yrel for Alliance Leader.
08/28/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Ronstin
Any system that doesn't have Jerry from Accounting as the very first evil to confront is seriously out of whack. You say you want receipts Jerry but when I give them to you, you just stamp DENIED on all of them! Enjoy the receipt on this shadowbolt, Jerry!

Just beware of his arena wide aura "In Triplicate". Your abilities only work every third time you use them, but they still cost resources every time.
08/29/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Mälthazar
it's not genocide
they are converting the orcs to the light, by force if needed

Reread the conventions. That IS genocide.
Guess Velen was a pretty important buffer. Who knew. Too bad, I liked Yrel.
Alliance: "THE DEMON BLOOD IS NO EXCUSE!"

Also Alliance:

08/29/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Lëora
This technically isn't the Draenei, it's the Light.
08/30/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Irillyth
Alliance: "THE DEMON BLOOD IS NO EXCUSE!"

Also Alliance:

08/29/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Lëora
This technically isn't the Draenei, it's the Light.

That SEEMS to be a forum poster named Leora. Not the Official Account Of The Alliance As A Whole.

Easy mistake.
I want the option to join Yrel. Anyone who can drive the orcs off their planet is obviously doing something right.
08/28/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Slédgehammer
The Void and Light, a story of centrism and why its better!

There's no way that the next expansion isn't all about Void vs Light vs Death, right?
08/30/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Jerrod
I want the option to join Yrel. Anyone who can drive the orcs off their planet is obviously doing something right.

So the orcs were in the right the first time!
08/30/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Sylassanna
That SEEMS to be a forum poster named Leora. Not the Official Account Of The Alliance As A Whole.

Very next post (Alliance):

Genocide = Right (but only if the Alliance does it)
Orcs deserve it. The iron horde even more so.
08/30/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Ephrael

If you're determined to discuss in bad faith, there's no point.

Some on the Alliance are cheering this on. Some in the Horde cheered on Sylvanas at Teldrassil. Both groups of players are wrong to do so, because both are actual, textbook examples of genocide.

But it's only a few forum posters, not the entire Alliance and the entire Horde supporting mass murder.

What I'd like to understand is what happened between us leaving Draenor and the new events. It can't be as simple as the Draenei decided to forcefully convert everyone, because that ignores everything about every Draenei character we left behind there.

I'd like to know the motivation behind the crime, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a crime.

The first casualty of this war is the story. That poor thing was brutally beaten and bludgeoned to death.
The "G" word now becomes a trigger for many, me included. Misused or not, I hate to see it in every story post. I wish I could downvote you but wow forum reminds me of Big Brother watching you. Be good.
08/30/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Lunardirge
The "G" word now becomes a trigger for many, me included. Misused or not, I hate to see it in every story post. I wish I could downvote you but wow forum reminds me of Big Brother watching you. Be good.

I take the position that even if it's not genocide, it's still a pretty !@#$ty thing to do.
08/30/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Ephrael
08/30/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Sylassanna

Very next post (Alliance):

Yrel n the AU draenies aren’t alliance? Just like the maghar just became horde now
I appreciate you putting the definition on the OP. At least you ain’t contributing for the word genocide to become a buzzword.

Also I agree. She is doing just that. I would add to the OP what you want to get with defining she’s doing genocide though. It seems it stops at just that, defining.
To all the players thinking there is "more to the story" here is some pretty major spoilers from an item dropped by an enemy Exarch you defeat, called "Sermon of the High Exarch" so Yrel. It's one the journal type items you can read.

SPOILERS BELOW

Sermon of the High Exarch

--

Brothers and sisters,

Decades have passed since the last vestiges of the Legion were driven from Draenor. We could not have accomplished this noble undertaking without the aid of the orc clans, united as the Mag'har.

Our fondest wish is for all the people of Draenor to remian unified in purpose. Sadly, this dream is not shared by all of those who once stood beside us.

Many noble orcs have embraces the Light. Exarch Hellscream has been an example for his people to follow. Yet sadly, even his own father resists the true path.

I believe with all my heart that the Mag'har are destined to join us as servants of the Light. But first, they must be taught to trust the naaru as we do.

The Light Mother has blessed me with visions. I know that one day the Army of the Light will march across the Great Dark Beyond and bring order to countless troubled worlds.

That bold future begins here. With us. We must make Draenor whole again.

I call upon you all to ensure that the future promised by the Light Mother is fulfilled. Purge the infection that prevents Draenor's heart from being whole. The Light will forge a new future for the orcs... but first, we must save the Mag'har from themselves.

No more division. No more defiance. In the Light, we shall be one.

--

I made bold the part that pretty much shows Illidan made the right choice when he destroyed Xe'ra. The Army of Light under Xe'ra with no Burning Legion to fight is no better than the Burning Legion itself.

These passages pretty much show the full story. Her idea of "order" is "obey or die." There is no "more to the story" the story is Xe'ra is a monster.

It has been decades since WoD on this planet, there would be Orcs that weren't even alive during the events of WoD. Yet I see Alliance players blaming them for the Iron Horde.

The implications of the events of the scenario are interesting. What if Kil'jaeden never discovered Draenor? If the MU Orcs were never given false visions by Kil'jaeden leading them to attack the Draenei, would the MU Draenei have eventually done the same thing to the Orcs that the AU Draenei did? Or would Velen have prevented that?

It's quite possible that the MU Orcs were doomed the moment the Draenei landed on their world, either they become tools of the Light or tools of the Burning Legion.

Of course, Blizzard probably will never revisit this, unless they make a "Light is evil" expansion or something. Maybe after we defeat the void, the Light makes free will it's enemy. But even then, I don't think they'll bring back the AU Draenei.
Yeah that's pretty fanatical drive and pretty aggressive. However at least they are fighting the Mag'har fairly and not resulting to cheap tricks and slaughtering civilians like the iron/fel horde was.

It was a religious war and the Mag'har lost.