Unskilled trash talkers.

Battlegrounds
This is for the few that are not just trolling (which is lame) and really think they "owned you"
-side note- All is fair in love and war they say.. this is not addressed at the avg BG/PVP players we are all killing and its smart focus and score kills where you can- This is only for the trash talkers listed below.

1. When someone kills you multiple times then you come back with a team and score a kill with a /emote or flag of ownership its only reinforces you did not have the skill to take that player.

2. If you score a kill on someone low health or low and engaged with another enemy and then trash talk it again reinforces that you knew you couldnt take them.

3. Calling someone out but only when you have a team to support you. Then run away when your team moves on. Again only shows that you lack confidence in your skills.

Arrogance is not sexy on anyone but its even worse on those that lack skill. If you are one of the players doing these things you are making a strong statement about yourself but its not the one you were hoping to make.
Please be better than this.
TY.
When someone kills you multiple times then you come back with a team and score a kill with a /emote or flag of ownership its only reinforces how good you got that dummy.

Kek I love emotes. Nothing wrong with emotes!
08/09/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Cornstalker
When someone kills you multiple times then you come back with a team and score a kill with a /emote or flag of ownership its only reinforces how good you got that dummy.

I remember changing the KillStreak addon emote from /spit to /hug. Loved it.
This perfectly describes the marjority of the players participating in Hydra premades.

They're mostly all bad / trash players, only winning because of their numbers. Yet they will gloat anytime they win.

Ever looked at their leaders armories? Besides AV and HK counts there is nothing to look at. They would be good in arenas but unfortunately 10v3 is not a thing yet.
I'll plant a flag and steal hks all day, idgaf.
Wait you actually have chat and emotes active in random bgs?

That should have been a lesson learned long ago.

However.
I WILL laugh at anyone who links a postseason achievement.
tbh, teammates in randoms who call the team garbage are what bother me the most, especially during a close game after a mistake made. Rustles my jimmies right up.

I use /pulse.
It still triggers all the insecure scrubs but without looking overly "disrespectful".
On the occasion that I do want to disrespect someone, manually typing /spit is easy enough.
Getting someone mad enough that they whisper you, post about it, or focus you the entire game using emotes is just constant validation that you won

Croc makes some strange gestures
08/09/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Croc
Getting someone mad enough that they whisper you, post about it, or focus you the entire game using emotes is just constant validation that you won

I do enjoy the occasional hate tell. However i dont emote or whisper in bgs.

I use /pulse.
It still triggers all the insecure scrubs but without looking overly "disrespectful".
On the occasion that I do want to disrespect someone, manually typing /spit is easy enough.

Mine is the /smell one.
I'd say part of the "skill" of pvp'ing is situational awareness.

I have troubles with this- As in, I'll just charge in gung ho with my warrior only to find myself biting off more than I can chew. 1 vs 3, bad call.

More often find myself getting into situations where I try to "scoop" a teammate (save them from getting jumped), only to get !@#$%^-*ed myself.
There's always that one guy on your team that feels it's neccesary to call everyone bad, and by doing so, letting us know s/hes better than us. They just HAVE to say it.

I strive to get someone so mad that they make a level 1 alt on my server just to whisper me.
08/09/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Fatfreddy

I strive to get someone so mad that they make a level 1 alt on my server just to whisper me.

LOL I'm not gonna lie I've done this. Some douchebag kicked me out of LFR Deathwing for having pvp gear. Actually made a toon named very similarly to their guild leader's name, logged on, asked one of his guildies to invite me to guild...Was planning on getting promoted and deleting their GB but I calmed down by then and didnt follow through. lol
Meh. I will do about anything to get a rise out of people and they whisper me. If I see I am not going to win an encounter, you better believe I am not going to stand there and take my death. I am going to kite you to the rest of my team and laugh at your stupidity for following me.

I have to agree with the OP.
That said, I used to blow people a kiss as I delivered the KB.
Man o man, that really pisses off warriors........................................ lol
08/09/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Valdorian
1. When someone kills you multiple times then you come back with a team and score a kill with a /emote or flag of ownership its only reinforces you did not have the skill to take that player.

There is no better use of the flag than that.
im not sure if there's an option to turn any emotes off during BG. i don't recall exactly but i did try to turn off something about the opposing faction's whatever, it was a red text check off or something like that. this was just a few hrs ago & haven't really tested it..

some of us are just way past that stuff, don't care for it, don't need to see it. like putting someone on ignore instantly once u read their pre-game obnoxious comments. cause u know those will be the ones whining & name calling once the going gets rough. ignoring things like this surely makes MY pvp experience much more enjoyable.
08/10/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Joeboô
08/09/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Valdorian

There is no better use of the flag than that.

No better use?.. but if you had to get a group to take down someone how is that in any way owning them? I don't understand that mindset it's admitting that they owned you