An Open Letter to Blizzard

General Discussion
Dear Blizzard,

How are you and your company doing these days? I hope you’re doing well. I’ve been trying to enjoy your lovely game for hours now, however that seems to be impossible. My characters along with all my friends’ characters are on Area-52, which you know has been having a lot of issues lately. Pre-Patch came and that’s when events started occurring. Servers crashed, Low level dungeons turned into low Mythic+, Leveling itself changed. It was like hell froze over and the demons started to rise and destroy what we loved. The great game developers of WoW saw what was happening and tried to fix what was happening, but the longer it took for them to find an issue, the louder the roars of the citizens became and with it came the lowering of the morale. Fixes slowly arrived to help us with these demons, but the damage was already done. A crack appeared in this lovely image in our heads of the game developers that we thought cared about us lowly citizens of this great game. Days passed and most of the issues were fixed, however the main populated servers experience from time to time, disconnects and random offline moments. We all experienced this and assumed our lords and saviors, the game developers, saw these issues and would take precaution to make BFA a great launch to make up for the cracked they caused in that perfect image we have of them.

Today was the launch and for the first 5 minutes, it went off without a hitch and all thought “Wow, they really do care for us and are showing it with their hard work”. That all changed though, was it because I was playing horde and my leader burned down a tree? Was this punishment by the game developers for all the “feedback” that was given on pre-patch day? No… This was negligence. Some of the game developers we saw as these great beings, didn’t really care for us OR didn’t know how to properly. They might just fix issues that are present and then move on, they might not think about our future. Why though? Why are issues that could be easily avoided, causing us so much stress?
Now let’s get real and talk about the symptoms that should have been addressed before launch. I only have 10 years of Genuine IT experience ranging from Diagnosing/Repair to managing Network infrastructures mixed in with programming, so I’ll do my best to explain what I saw as issues. We had a Horrible Launch which came from not testing all BFA, only 110 and beyond was tested. Let’s be honest, testing of all features has been horrible the past few years. Before Pre-Patch, I called it and said either DirectX or the new Guild feature were going to cause issues. Pre-patch launches and guess what happened. Post-Pre-Patch, we had issues of the servers being unstable which were not addressed before launch and now the said servers that were unstable are offline as I write this. BFA is officially launched and issues arose again. I assume since the features were implemented early on and no issues were fully arising that the assumption or as they say a risk arose and it was deemed “acceptable”, which usually means the “director” seemed fit that the risk was not an issue and full on testing was not needed.

As someone who majors in the IT field, this is a great embarrassment for my people. However, being the person I am, I decided to ask for many other opinions from others with way more experience than me in this line of work. My Father and his brother, together we have almost 80 years of IT experience and we all agree, this is pure negligence to issues that should have been handled before launch. You have a team that get paid a lot of money in order to make this game great, however it seems like there are some people that are not able to correctly do their job (we assume it’s management). If you need help, I am more than happy to provide my services and can guarantee results. If not, I hope the best for you guys and will continue to provide positive support to the hard working members of the team that try their best.

Sincerely,
Koietsu
08/13/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Ythisens
08/13/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Ashkarta
Pretty bad day at the office, huh?

Actually its been surprisingly smooth but if you looked at General Discussion it'd lead you to believe another thing because it is a very vocal minority, and those playing aren't going to be posting. The only realms experiencing issues are certain high pop realms and its a small but noticeable percentage, however the vast majority of players have been able to play. Not excusing it but just giving you the honest actual perspective of it.

Blizzard doesnt !@#$ing care about us
Hey what's up, I work for Blizzard, i'm just on my regular account. I just spoke to our IT team and they're looking for people with 11+ years of solid IT experience, not 10. Just missed the mark. Thanks for the fan mail, though. Keep the community strong.

- Blizzard CEO, Robert Pattison from Twilight
08/13/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Skycrusher
08/13/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Ythisens
Actually its been surprisingly smooth but if you looked at General Discussion it'd lead you to believe another thing because it is a very vocal minority, and those playing aren't going to be posting. The only realms experiencing issues are certain high pop realms and its a small but noticeable percentage, however the vast majority of players have been able to play. Not excusing it but just giving you the honest actual perspective of it.

Blizzard doesnt !@#$ing care about us

Oh please...