Healers? Where ARE THOU?

General Discussion
Questing and doing dungeons with my guild because I rarely pug anymore from all the years of crap I've had to put up with.
08/15/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Iirissa
Over the course of my leveling experience I have felt like I have been doing nothing but get weaker as my secondary stats steadily drop like a rock. leaving me only having moments where I feel powerful because of Azerite armor traits procing and giving me a burst of secondary stats.

Kinda do not feel inclined to go into a dungeon, where I may get someone who thinks that it is still legion and goes pullpullpull.

This has been true for several expansions now. I’m not sure how it works but every level you gain you need more of a stat to reach the same % you were at at previous level. I remember Draenor being particularly bad where at level 90-92 I had no problems healing a dungeon, at 98-100 I could barely keep a tank alive spam healing him.
I am running dungeons all the time, just with people I have on my friends list and guild ONLY.
Healer here, there is just way too much content to do that healing for dungeons is a low priority.

1. Mount Farming
2. Mat Farming
3. Fishing/AH/Banking (there is just not enough bag space)
4. Archaeology
5. Questing (Which I haven't even started and I'm lvl 115)

So it is no wonder the dungeon Queuing isn't a huge priority.

6. There are pug dungeons to do with people who are under geared, including myself? No thank you, I don't need the drama a lesson learned in Legion.
Queuing with my guild, I use to heal for pugs, but never again.
Why I won't play as a healer:

1. Questing as a healer SUCKS. I have to flip to DPS spec, then flip BACK if I want to dungeon.
2. Some low level dungeons have issues where players are receiving crushing blows from enemies that were supposedly scaled.
3. I'm busy leveling my main.
4. I'm busy at work.
5. Healing without Healbot is impossible nowadays.
6. Mobs drain a healer's mana more than a boss does. Really, what is with that?

If you are a healer, I feel your pain.
I believe the bottleneck is on the tank side. Last night i had a 2 hour timer for DPS, switched to Blood, started LFD again, and instantly got a group.

IDK why they didn't do things like they did in Legion, where the zone storylines all finished in a dungeon, LFD went much faster like that.
Questing. I don't heal for pugs until after I hit level cap and finish my story questing. Heck, I'll barely even heal for my guild while I'm leveling and I love those people.
Due to various reasons, haven't been able to play much at all since Monday evening. I'll be jumping in to help as soon as I can!
08/15/2018 03:35 AMPosted by Ezravar
No doing dungeons over here.

Tanking them instead for guildies so two healers gear up instead of one.
I have a longfner queue as a ahealrr than as a tank. But whenever I’m not healing we wipe at least once and it’s sad. My monk get keep everyone above 90% hp and my mama above 90% but these other healers are causing wipes
I have a longfner queue as a ahealrr than as a tank. But whenever I’m not healing we wipe at least once and it’s sad. My monk get keep everyone above 90% hp and my mama above 90% but these other healers are causing wipes
Healing people who don't know the mechanics and blame you when they die isn't very appealing to most people.
08/15/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Fury
Healing people who don't know the mechanics and blame you when they die isn't very appealing to most people.

For me personally if i die while tanking right now I'm gonna assume it's my fault, cause i normally try to learn the content as DPS first before tanking. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in the dungeons I did last night, but tank was insta queue so YOLO
08/15/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Amarlly
08/15/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Fury

For me personally if i die while tanking right now I'm gonna assume it's my fault, cause i normally try to learn the content as DPS first before tanking. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in the dungeons I did last night, but tank was insta queue so YOLO

Yea dieing to new mechanics is fine as long as you aren't blaming the healer.
Blame having to have multiple sets of azerite gear for different roles and randoms usually being stressful at the start of an expansion. :^)
Right now, I'm on the forums posting in your thread.

So by asking the question, you've altered the answer!

You've created a quantum paradox! Fortunately those are common as hell.
08/15/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Hoolius
I'm queueing but running pugs right now is pretty tough with so many people being undergeared. Some fights and mobs are particularly nasty like that worms in underrot, no one bothers ccing anything and outhealing certain damage just ain't happening right now.

mass dispell the group right away and build more rampup to keep the group alive. Since MD is on cooldown for 45sec, be ready to use purify on the tank once the debuff is recasted on group. Pulling 2 or more of those groups will probably wipe most groups.
I'm at work. Sorry.
For some reason I think it could be tank not enough. Especially with tank so easy to get oted by heal and dps.
One of my rogue I pugged with was like every 2 sec drop down to half health.