Leveling Is TERRIBLE So Far.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
08/16/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Adda
08/15/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Ariocho
The designers gave me a quest leading me to do THAT quest in THAT zone at THIS level.

What quest was it? I'm quite curious.

Drustvar.
08/15/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Goldenax
I got to play through 2 Lovecraft novels, Apocalypse Now, and The Wickerman.

If you want fun, interesting quests, The Alliance is waiting for you.

I feel like I’ve been playing Monster Hunter
08/15/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Arryk
I thought you got the foothold quests at 112, 114, and 118. And they scaled. All of my quests scaled properly. If yours legit had 120s around, that is not intended in the least.

There was an area while setting up my foothold at 114 in Drustvar where there were 120 mobs, and there were 120 rares spawned... but I only found them because I was exploring around before finishing the questline. The actual quest areas were the correct level mobs.

OP - if you're seriously *just* sticking to the quest path while setting up a foothold (not off picking flowers in a remote area, like you already mentioned) and being attacked by 120's, then report it as a bug, and be VERY specific. Like, what level you were, what foothold you were setting up, where on the map you were when you were attacked, and the names of the mobs that were 120.

This
08/15/2018 11:52 PMPosted by Ariocho
2) Did you do the Nathanos quest where you choose an area on Kul Tiras from a map on a table? Going just from the quest start, staying on roads, I was being killed by multiple level 120 mobs when I got off the trike to interact with the quest objectives, or once when picking a flower just off the road.
is too vague for a bug report.

Although, by mentioning the trike, I'm assuming you were also in Drustvar? There were definitely 120 mobs out there, and rare 120's, but like I said above, I only found them when I strayed away from the actual quest path I was supposed to take. I think they're there because that's a WQ area for us at 120.
While some people say that leveling is terrible, I say that I struggle to remember that I am playing World of Warcraft still.
We are sorry you have the situational awareness and map reading skills of a turnip.
There is a very narrow path---

---it's not really obvious just what that path is sometimes.

Then one of the NPC's should have warned people from straying even a step off of the path, and made reasonably clear what the path is.

Challenging mobs are one thing. I had the best leveling experience in Outland during early TBC. I enjoyed that area near Suramar where you ran into a literal army of elves if you went up the wrong flight of stairs. Going back up those stairs when maxxed and geared was pretty satisfying! But the big difference was that was clearly a max-level zone, and the developers hadn't made a point of telling us that mobs scaled to our level.

Breadcrumbing me into an area where a single step from an unclear path results in an unwinnable swarming of non-scaling max-level mobs (after telling us mobs scale to our level) is unforgivably horrible game design.
08/15/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Manaclaw

Again. If I am too low level for the zone, then don't breadcrumb a mission into that zone at my level.

Quit crying and hit 120. Then do it. Problem solved.

/Thread
08/15/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Yventley
08/15/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Arryk
I thought you got the foothold quests at 112, 114, and 118. And they scaled. All of my quests scaled properly. If yours legit had 120s around, that is not intended in the least.

All the foothold areas had 120 mobs around while I was leveling. I was under the impression it was to keep you from wandering off too far while doing the quests.

Same couldnt mine while in the trike and I figured I would aggro stuff if I got out. Red named mobs have ridiculous aggro ranges and I was pretty close to them on my trike... So my game sense/logic told me not to go out. I guess OP does not have that game sense.
08/16/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Jolene
I think they're there because that's a WQ area for us at 120.

Fair enough. Then it is reasonable to expect:

---a notice that mobs in this area DON'T scale.

---not giving a quest to a level 111 toon that leads them into a non-scaling area.
08/16/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Terranox
So my game sense/logic told me not to go out. I guess OP does not have that game sense.

How did you interact with the quest Goblin Scouts while still in the trike? Explain that.
You should try the old content from, 20-40 with the new patch and you will see how horrible leveling truly is. The zones are so outdated in comparison to the rest of the game, that it sucks leveling a new character now.
You've only leveled up once and you're judging the expansions leveling already.
That's GD for you I guess
what do you expect when world first was only 5 hrs.... It should be this easy to level...ever... I mean get max level week 1 and then what?? What is there to do?? I'm lvl 117 and I've completed on whole zone already LMAO It's just too damn easy.
Or why do you have warmode on?

You deserve to get destroyed for trying to get the 10% xp bonus
Doing a task for an hour, then complaining about it. This is America.

Seriously though, that's a total user error. You're only 111, go quest or do something entertaining instead of punishing us with this very pointless thread.
Go level instead of complaining

08/16/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Zillkhan
Doing a task for an hour, then complaining about it. This is America.

Seriously though, that's a total user error. You're only 111, go quest or do something entertaining instead of punishing us with this very pointless thread.
I do sort of agree, OP.
I wonder how much 're-playability' these quests will have when there is little to do elsewhere. But, for myself, it could be that I burned myself out just prior to BfA trying to get a lightforged Draenei close to Legion content.
At this point though, I'm not sure how they could make quests more engaging. They are what they are.

As for your foothold issue. I did that quest as well when it popped up, and did not manage to aggro anything. But the mobs were 120 (as I had heard they would be).
08/16/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Ariocho
08/16/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Jolene
I think they're there because that's a WQ area for us at 120.

Fair enough. Then it is reasonable to expect:

---a notice that mobs in this area DON'T scale.

---not giving a quest to a level 111 toon that leads them into a non-scaling area.

Did you... read my whole post, or skim it and just quote the last line? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer based on your reply. Seems you'd rather just complain, so I'll leave you to it.
Leveling is great.