PVP isn’t fun anymore .

Battlegrounds
08/18/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Jugaa
08/18/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Lícks
The topic is about FUN

FYI, Aff was not FUN for a lot of classes is the point I'm trying to tell you.

Well if you are talking about counter classes, I can say at least when a class counters one and has the higher probability to win, it should be a fight that doesn't end in the opener... Melee in general has been a counter for warlocks, however, I know warlocks have made lives nightmares for mages, and other casters, however we never killed them in the opener from what I'm aware of, at least they had a chance or an ability to run.... All I want is a bit more tankiness and surviability until we can see actual 3s data.
08/18/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Lícks
All I want is a bit more tankiness and surviability

tbh don't hold your breath. Spriest/ele are worse off than us right now as it is.
Just got to 120, first Horde BG queue 14 min. Yeah, I'm losing interest real quick.

Last xpac I got 3 min queues in the first week.
08/17/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Lícks
Obviously my point is going over my head. I never accused you of 1) rerolling fotm, and 2) it isn't outside the point of this thread... Having a chance is fun, competitive PVP is fun, playing a rogue that can kill a warlock in the opener regardless of ilvl, or using every defensive CD they have is not FUN. You can't empathize on the issue because you are a rogue.

1. Then don't bring up me being a rogue because it has nothing to do with anything in this thread. You can be butthurt about rogues all you want, but keep it to yourself and focus on the subject/topic.
2. If rogues are killing you in their opener then you have shetty teammates who don't know who to support you. It is not the games fault that you lack the skillcap to survive a rogue opener.
3. I can emphasize because I have played every class except DH. And because I am a rogue. I know exactly what we can and cannot do. But in this case I do not emphasize with you because your issue is L2P/get a better team.
08/18/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Chromus
Just got to 120, first Horde BG queue 14 min. Yeah, I'm losing interest real quick.

Alliance queues are 3-5 mins now versus 1-2 min.
08/18/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Herc
08/17/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Lícks
Obviously my point is going over my head. I never accused you of 1) rerolling fotm, and 2) it isn't outside the point of this thread... Having a chance is fun, competitive PVP is fun, playing a rogue that can kill a warlock in the opener regardless of ilvl, or using every defensive CD they have is not FUN. You can't empathize on the issue because you are a rogue.

1. Then don't bring up me being a rogue because it has nothing to do with anything in this thread. You can be butthurt about rogues all you want, but keep it to yourself and focus on the subject/topic.
2. If rogues are killing you in their opener then you have shetty teammates who don't know who to support you. It is not the games fault that you lack the skillcap to survive a rogue opener.
3. I can emphasize because I have played every class except DH. And because I am a rogue. I know exactly what we can and cannot do. But in this case I do not emphasize with you because your issue is L2P/get a better team.

1. The fact I find the game not fun is because of rogues... So you being one makes it very relevant to point out that the counter claim is coming from a rogue. The topic is fun, what is one of the reasons I'm not having fun? The overtuned rogues.
2. You contradict yourself, you first blame my teammates who don't support me, which means I lack the ability to do it, then you claim I lack the skillcap to survive. Which one is it? Because if it's the second then the first point is mute.
3. You can't emphasize, regardless in your false belief that you are able to. I think the only person who needs to l2p is yourself, and understand that your class is overtuned. Play me 1v1 on a warlock and we shall see who lacks the skillcap and is only capable of being 'good' based on playing on something that isn't tuned properly.
08/18/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Lícks
1. The fact I find the game not fun is because of rogues... So you being one makes it very relevant to point out that the counter claim is coming from a rogue. The topic is fun, what is one of the reasons I'm not having fun? The overtuned rogues.
2. You contradict yourself, you first blame my teammates who don't support me, which means I lack the ability to do it, then you claim I lack the skillcap to survive. Which one is it? Because if it's the second then the first point is mute.
3. You can't emphasize, regardless in your false belief that you are able to. I think the only person who needs to l2p is yourself, and understand that your class is overtuned. Play me 1v1 on a warlock and we shall see who lacks the skillcap and is only capable of being 'good' based on playing on something that isn't tuned properly.

1. The thread itself has absolutely nothing to do with rogues or any class in particular. It wasn't about classes at all. Nor did my post have anything to do with classes. My post was a response to someone talking about Blizzard balancing for 3v3 when, supposedly, the game is marketed around WPvP. Then, of course, your butthurt self feels the need to jump in with your first words being about me playing a rogue, which, again, has nothing to do with anything related to this thread or my post. Your intent was to discredit anything I say simply because of my class. And you're still doing it in this very post that I am replying to. This only serves to make you look like a bad player.

2. It is both. The comment about skillcap is in reference to your team. A decent team will not be losing to a rogue opener. If you are losing to rogue openers then you seriously need to practice more with your team.

3. Why can I not emphasize? I have already stated that I've played every class except DH. I know what rogues can do to all classes. I am not the one making out-of-the-blue statements to hate on any particular class, nor am I making excuses for being defeated in a video game, so clearly I am not the one who needs to L2P. Your time whining and crying on the forum would be better spent in game practicing, since you apparently need it.
08/18/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Chromus

That is probably partly due to the fact a lot of people haven't hit 120 yet. Hopefully, for everyone's sake, they will get shorter before long.
Conquest points we're not supposed to have.
Only seeing Aspirant gear, which while reasonable at this time, not drop from BGs is disheartening.
The crafted gear we make is only between 300-310 with randomized stats.
I've looted maybe 10 or so supply crates. Once when I was leveling, which gave me 257(?) Aspirant leggings, then two 295 trinkets with gem sockets when I hit 120. The rest is Azerite, gold, and resources.
Dueler's Guild is an already dead and unfortunate waste of resources.

Now add that everything is shares a CD and now it makes for what feels like slower game play.

These things right here are probably why people feel the way they do, regardless of class balance atm.

1. The fact I find the game not fun is because of rogues...
Fun is subjective. Herc being a rogue doesn't mean anything in this case though and we shouldn't disregard what he says because of a class he likes to play.
08/18/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Herc

1. The thread itself has absolutely nothing to do with rogues or any class in particular. It wasn't about classes at all. Nor did my post have anything to do with classes. My post was a response to someone talking about Blizzard balancing for 3v3 when, supposedly, the game is marketed around WPvP. Then, of course, your butthurt self feels the need to jump in with your first words being about me playing a rogue, which, again, has nothing to do with anything related to this thread or my post. Your intent was to discredit anything I say simply because of my class. And you're still doing it in this very post that I am replying to. This only serves to make you look like a bad player.

2. It is both. The comment about skillcap is in reference to your team. A decent team will not be losing to a rogue opener. If you are losing to rogue openers then you seriously need to practice more with your team.

3. Why can I not emphasize? I have already stated that I've played every class except DH. I know what rogues can do to all classes. I am not the one making out-of-the-blue statements to hate on any particular class, nor am I making excuses for being defeated in a video game, so clearly I am not the one who needs to L2P. Your time whining and crying on the forum would be better spent in game practicing, since you apparently need it.

1) The OP was very vague, however, maybe a class wasn't said specifically but melee was mentioned. Melee is a category in which you fall into. Also, the main topic has to do with lacking the ability to be enjoyable AKA fun. I am able to state my opinion in which I agree with the OP about melee, however, I made my comment more specific. If me stating facts makes me look like a bad player, I really don't care to look like a good one then.
2) Since BFA was released and we hit 120, I didn't know you could even play rated PVP, so I'm not really sure where you are getting your opinions on teams keeping people alive in the openers... Perhaps Skirms? I wasn't even specifically talking about rated or team play, nor was I talking about balance (as I agreed with your statement in how blizzard balances for 3s, anything else in my opinion would be completely impossible (too many variables). I simply wanted to state that you can't really utilize 3s as a term for balancing at the moment because we haven't actually seen how classes are performing. What we have seen are facts, and the facts are some classes are overtuned and some classes are undertuned. Rogues falling in the first, and warlocks in the second.
3) Being educated, or knowing how something is doesn't give you the ability to empathize. I am not speaking in your past of playing other classes, however I doubt you have a level 120 warlock since BFA is so new. I'm speaking about empathizing in the present and not the past. And atlas, you deflect my statement about showing me who is the superior warlock, which most likely proves you don't have a 120 warlock, and that once again, the only class you can be good at is one that is overtuned.
08/18/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Mauklindaufe
Conquest points we're not supposed to have.
Only seeing Aspirant gear, which while reasonable at this time, not drop from BGs is disheartening.
The crafted gear we make is only between 300-310 with randomized stats.
I've looted maybe 10 or so supply crates. Once when I was leveling, which gave me 257(?) Aspirant leggings, then two 295 trinkets with gem sockets when I hit 120. The rest is Azerite, gold, and resources.
Dueler's Guild is an already dead and unfortunate waste of resources.

Now add that everything is shares a CD and now it makes for what feels like slower game play.

These things right here are probably why people feel the way they do, regardless of class balance atm.

1. The fact I find the game not fun is because of rogues...
Fun is subjective. Herc being a rogue doesn't mean anything in this case though and we shouldn't disregard what he says because of a class he likes to play.

I agree that fun is subjective, and I don't disregard his opinion, I actually agreed with him in regards to balancing. However, apparently I'm not able to state my opinion in which I took the OP further where he stated the melee are topping the charts, and made it more specific by mentioning rogues. Also, one thing we all have is bias, he plays and probably mains a rogue so he will be bias in his own favor, thus making the acknowledgment in what type of class he posted on. If warlocks were in that same position I would completely understand someone making notice that the opinion is coming from someone who plays a warlock and is most likely bias to his class.
anything will lose its fun if you keep dwelling on the same problem you dislike. i hate ppl hiding behind pillars and think it loses the fun. theres a few ways to fix this problem, find ppl who you can communicate and know how to limit the same problem, get a different class up that counters it (in my case being melee would prevent most LoS issue even if they keep pillar hiding) or focus on the good aspects and ignore the same garbage you hate that happens frequently. as a healer im also used to either being peeled to oblivion or focused right away. endlessly dieing in BGs i qued solo isnt fun either, which is why i use methods above to make them more enjoyable. pallies are a great buddy to que with if melee is the major issue, they got alot of utility that can help make you live. i will agree that locks need to be a bit tankier for being slightly less wheelchair than priests considering priests basically get a passive 30% reduction (other than shadow, but shadow is pretty much a worse aff lock atm). perhaps a 10% hp passive and make burning rush do less damage per second to make the lvl 45 talent row all better would help them out from being insta killed. but again this game's competitive rating doesnt revolve around 1v1 so you should be keeping in mind on how other ppl can help you and if solo que rando battle grounds are your thing then find all the usable cheesy items you can use to make you have a decent chance against any sort of coordination.
08/18/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Lícks
1) The OP was very vague, however, maybe a class wasn't said specifically but melee was mentioned. Melee is a category in which you fall into. Also, the main topic has to do with lacking the ability to be enjoyable AKA fun. I am able to state my opinion in which I agree with the OP about melee, however, I made my comment more specific. If me stating facts makes me look like a bad player, I really don't care to look like a good one then.
2) Since BFA was released and we hit 120, I didn't know you could even play rated PVP, so I'm not really sure where you are getting your opinions on teams keeping people alive in the openers... Perhaps Skirms? I wasn't even specifically talking about rated or team play, nor was I talking about balance (as I agreed with your statement in how blizzard balances for 3s, anything else in my opinion would be completely impossible (too many variables). I simply wanted to state that you can't really utilize 3s as a term for balancing at the moment because we haven't actually seen how classes are performing. What we have seen are facts, and the facts are some classes are overtuned and some classes are undertuned. Rogues falling in the first, and warlocks in the second.
3) Being educated, or knowing how something is doesn't give you the ability to empathize. I am not speaking in your past of playing other classes, however I doubt you have a level 120 warlock since BFA is so new. I'm speaking about empathizing in the present and not the past. And atlas, you deflect my statement about showing me who is the superior warlock, which most likely proves you don't have a 120 warlock, and that once again, the only class you can be good at is one that is overtuned.

1. No, the OP was not vague. You keep trying to spin this in some way that it isn't. And now you trying to twist this into something to suit your narrative. "you're melee, you fall into that category" lmfao get real. Just own up to the fact that you're triggered by seeing my class and you just wanted to try to discredit me but are failing hard.
2. This has nothing to do with seasonal PvP being live or not. It's a statement which applies to every season ever. If your team is losing to initial rogue openers, you are a bad team. This season. Last season. Every season since seasons were introduced. "Oh look, that rogue is opening on my teammate. Maybe I should like, uh... fear him off or something. Or maybe give the warlock an external CD... hmm... Nah, I'll just keep tunneling this druid in bear form with Thorns up."
3. See below
3) Being educated, or knowing how something is doesn't give you the ability to empathize.

Lmfao what? That is exactly what it does. Wtf are you even on about now? "Oh yeah you've experienced this and you know exactly what it is like... but wait no you don't know what it is like." I think the only thing I can't empathize with right now is how potato your posts are becoming. You're starting to fall apart, going off on tangents, challenging me to a warlock vs warlock duel because somehow this proves something related to rogues? I don't even know. If you cannot stay on topic, and settle your butthurt about rogues, then this conversation is over.
08/18/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Herc

1. No, the OP was not vague. You keep trying to spin this in some way that it isn't. And now you trying to twist this into something to suit your narrative. "you're melee, you fall into that category" lmfao get real. Just own up to the fact that you're triggered by seeing my class and you just wanted to try to discredit me but are failing hard.
2. This has nothing to do with seasonal PvP being live or not. It's a statement which applies to every season ever. If your team is losing to initial rogue openers, you are a bad team. This season. Last season. Every season since seasons were introduced. "Oh look, that rogue is opening on my teammate. Maybe I should like, uh... fear him off or something. Or maybe give the warlock an external CD... hmm... Nah, I'll just keep tunneling this druid in bear form with Thorns up."
3. See below
3) Being educated, or knowing how something is doesn't give you the ability to empathize.

Lmfao what? That is exactly what it does. Wtf are you even on about now? "Oh yeah you've experienced this and you know exactly what it is like... but wait no you don't know what it is like." I think the only thing I can't empathize with right now is how potato your posts are becoming. You're starting to fall apart, going off on tangents, challenging me to a warlock vs warlock duel because somehow this proves something related to rogues? I don't even know. If you cannot stay on topic, and settle your butthurt about rogues, then this conversation is over.

I realize now I'm not going to get through to you. Lets see what the OP said...

Anyone else feel the same way ? They said it’d be better at 120 but it’s about the same .Why does it feel so clunky ??First one to open usually wins .Win or lose I’m not having any fun at all and I’m melee(topping charts).Hopefully It gets better .

PS I feel bad for casters.

Does he mention anything about balance? This is what this topic is about.... 1) Melee - Vague, Topping charts - Vague, Clunky? - Vague, First one to open usually wins... - Vague... The entire post was vague, and if you think it was specific you are making up your own specifics that were never specifically stated. One thing I don't see the OP talking about 3s balance, this was an offtopic created, so technically you were going on about something that wasn't even the main part of the topic.... What I can is use the vagueness in the language and use specifics from my own personal experiences. Not all people are created with the same IQ's, sorry if yours falls short.
08/18/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Lícks
Does he mention anything about balance? This is what this topic is about.... 1) Melee - Vague, Topping charts - Vague, Clunky? - Vague, First one to open usually wins... - Vague... The entire post was vague, and if you think it was specific you are making up your own specifics that were never specifically stated. One thing I don't see the OP talking about 3s balance, this was an offtopic created, so technically you were going on about something that wasn't even the main part of the topic.... What I can is use the vagueness in the language and use specifics from my own personal experiences. Not all people are created with the same IQ's, sorry if yours falls short.

There is nothing vague about anything in his post. How much of a potato are you that you think "melee" "topping charts" "clunky" "first to opens" is vague? It's all very specific points.
The subject of 3s/balance was a response to another poster. That was the subject of my post. The one which you jumped into by trying to discredit me for being a rogue.
Lmao you're done here. You called out a rogue on the forums and got rekt just as hard as you do in game. Good luck.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
08/18/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Herc
08/18/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Lícks

There is nothing vague about anything in his post. How much of a potato are you that you think "melee" "topping charts" "clunky" "first to opens" is vague? It's all very specific points.
The subject of 3s/balance was a response to another poster. That was the subject of my post. The one which you jumped into by trying to discredit me for being a rogue.
Lmao you're done here. You called out a rogue on the forums and got rekt just as hard as you do in game. Good luck.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shows how smart you have to be to play a rogue, point proven. Everything was vague, if you had actually taken, or successfully passed a college level English course you'd be aware. Once again, I have to go over the points... Clunky isn't a specific term... What makes it clunky? Is it the stat changes, is it the GCD changes? You need specifics to make something non vague. Top the charts... ? What does that mean... Is he speaking overall damage, DPS, KBs? All ? None? Not specifically stated. Melee.... Is he speaking all of melee? I haven't seen many enhancement shaman's topping charts? Once again a non specific term. But obviously you are once again placing your own specifics for something that was never stated, and once again I have to correct you. Also, If you can respond about something that isn't directly related to the topic, I'm allowed to as well in response to your response... Which makes once again your point mute. If you had stayed on topic, or didn't go off topic by another poster then I wouldn't have made a comment in the first place.
You might just not enjoy the changes to your class. I planned on maining my hunter for legion but ended up hating what they did to the class and it made me not enjoy the game.

Checking out another class that looks fun could be worth while.
Elemental actually is so hopefully to play that I would rather go resto and get trained with no peel than play that spec in pvp ever again.

Glass turret, even when ignored in bgs, does no damage.
08/17/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Jugaa
08/17/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Zeroburrito
you know it in the back of your mind that per target your damage didn't mean much.

Ofc it did. Damage on a lot of people across the board is still putting pressure on healers to decide who to heal. Rot damage can be very meaningful if you keep up with it. But I'm going with Destro this expansion as the visuals are just too cool!

right. damage is damage no matter where it comes from
08/18/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Lícks
08/18/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Herc
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shows how smart you have to be to play a rogue, point proven. Everything was vague, if you had actually taken, or successfully passed a college level English course you'd be aware. Once again, I have to go over the points... Clunky isn't a specific term... What makes it clunky? Is it the stat changes, is it the GCD changes? You need specifics to make something non vague. Top the charts... ? What does that mean... Is he speaking overall damage, DPS, KBs? All ? None? Not specifically stated. Melee.... Is he speaking all of melee? I haven't seen many enhancement shaman's topping charts? Once again a non specific term. But obviously you are once again placing your own specifics for something that was never stated, and once again I have to correct you. Also, If you can respond about something that isn't directly related to the topic, I'm allowed to as well in response to your response... Which makes once again your point mute. If you had stayed on topic, or didn't go off topic by another poster then I wouldn't have made a comment in the first place.
Nothing about his post was vague. He’s not having fun, it happens to everyone at some point.