Imput from druids who also lvld other classes

Druid
also to add to my last post, balance seems to do a little more dmg and alot more aoe so far.
Definitely gonna have a Pally alt, I still like my druid but it feels very frustrating to deal with GCD if I wanna do any "tricky shifting" strats. Healing feels pretty rough even with my ilvl (337 in bags). It's doable, but if anyone plays bad or doesn't do mechanics the only burst heal we have is swiftmend and if you don't take prosperity & SotF you just feel weaker overall in dungeons since you can't react to large damage at all. The hots just cant mitigate group wide damage very well yet either even with germ. I typically run renewal/guardian for self heals in dungeons but it kinda sucks bear shifting and waiting for a total of 5-6 seconds just to heal myself and watching my group not being able to heal them at the same time. I really wish frenzied regen just persisted through shifting absolutely no idea why it doesn't.
Playing this DH just 3 lvls was RIDICULOUSLY easier than my feral. My friend plays Ret and I also have a warrior and a rogue and it's absolute night and day... feral is absolute dog!@#$e.
I was able to do things literally twice as fast on my BM Monk.
08/20/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Hoolius
Definitely gonna have a Pally alt, I still like my druid but it feels very frustrating to deal with GCD if I wanna do any "tricky shifting" strats. Healing feels pretty rough even with my ilvl (337 in bags). It's doable, but if anyone plays bad or doesn't do mechanics the only burst heal we have is swiftmend and if you don't take prosperity & SotF you just feel weaker overall in dungeons since you can't react to large damage at all. The hots just cant mitigate group wide damage very well yet either even with germ. I typically run renewal/guardian for self heals in dungeons but it kinda sucks bear shifting and waiting for a total of 5-6 seconds just to heal myself and watching my group not being able to heal them at the same time. I really wish frenzied regen just persisted through shifting absolutely no idea why it doesn't.

My prot pally friend does more dmg than me in dungeons in tank spec than I do as feral, guardian, or boomy LOL
I'm leveling my demon hunter right now.

When I get a quest I just grab the number needed to complete it, and then hit Fel Barrage. That's it. When I pull 8 its about 12k dps. I'm 110, and the legendaries I have aren't relevant to what I'm doing.

It's actually insane to me how much better this feels than leveling my feral.
I leveled my Fury warrior first. Past experience taught me Feral is likely going to be bad.
But I can't let him go so started leveling him too. He is 119 now and the difference is stupid. The Feral hits like he has pillows tied to his paws.
It has taken so much longer to level him than this warrior.
I mean I’ve hit some random 23k bites, at times I feel like maybe the class is coming back or they are doing hidden under the bonnet fixes a little...

But huge 20k + is fairly dam rare. And yes, I’m playing the class right... I have over 300apm if need xd. It is just a spec lagging behinddd.
My resto druid was full mythic Antorus geared with decent trinkets (since I leveled as Boomy) and it wasn't horrible.

However, my Shadow priest who only had the gear available from Darkshore dailies (about a ~40 item level difference) was able to pull double the mobs as my druid and survive better.
Oh Look guys! Hotfix last night...

Classes

Warlock
Demonology
The Summon Vilefiend and Nether Portal talents will no longer sometimes fail to work when cast on steep terrain.

THANK GOODNESS. Phew. Really important stuff that gets Hotfixes, like this. Thank the gods.

Nevermind an entire class spec isn't working, we have to make sure the Warlocks' quality of life is secured.

Brb, gonna go drink bleach while I fall 500 feet to my death while dressed up as a feral cat druid.
took me close to 16 hours to level balance.... started as feral and by 111 decided to never touch that god awful spec again.

Balance was better but damn was I weak. when i hit 116 I felt like a paper twig that hit like a wet noodle.

leveled warlock on horde side took literally half the time. I was destroying things. 116 took a little hit but didn't notice it that much. And I leveled as destruction so I wasn't the OP spec.

At 120 and ilvl 300 i feel strong on my lock, as a 312 balance I feel like garbage...
This is the only toon I have capped thus far. I got the 'loremaster' equivalent (3 zones + 2 scenarios, still working on the War Campaign) last night, the story is fun and all...but playing this toon as feral or guardian feels unfun. Simply unfun. Nothing about the numbers or the survivability. There's no moments of joy, or brilliance...and whenever I jump into my monk on alliance, it's night and freakin' day. So now I'm stuck between 'Do I switch to paladin/DH' or do I keep trucking? Is it the sunk-cost fallacy?

(Reasons I chose Druid: I figured I would cap a toon on horde side first, because most of my friends are on horde. My only requirement for a main in BFA was a tank class. I figured I would do druid because 1) saving my DK and Warr for later 2) I dislike Ret (though I love prot) 3) I feel that VDH might get nerfed to the ground soon. I mentioned I do have a Brewmaster, on Alliance. I might just try to cap him and main that for now)
Leveled with a warrior and a priest on my druid and got carried through all the content, warrior could pull 10-15 mobs bladestorm they die, priest was just disc and ran around killing random things, i would aggro 3-4 mobs and require healing to take down the mobs, or just pull my mobs to the warrior to bladestorm down in seconds. It is completely night and day leveling a different spec than feral.

I also leveled a wind walker monk, also a joke to level. Single handedly kill 15-20 mobs with ease. Pull 15-20 mobs, karma a tanky one pop CDs and fist of fury rising sun kick combo and pretty much everything dead. Also leveled unholy DK similar results except maybe 7-8 mobs at a time because no karma or as much burst.
Yeah, leveled a boomy this expansion pack, very frustrating to pull a pack of mobs and have to use roots, starfall, double dots, and spam self heals and have to wait literally forever for them to die, just to watch a warrior or a dh come up and pull twice as many and have them down in 1/4 the time..... also my DPS in dungeons is pure !@#$, since when does starfall suck so bad?
Levelled as a DH...took me 10 hours to go from 103-120 with only war-mode boosting me.

Kill 8-15 things for quest? Pull all 8-15 things and kill them in 1 rotation. Was knocking out 3-4 quests every 10-15 minutes, sometimes faster.

This did not change all the way up to level 120...Even at 120, i can pull 10+ mobs and burst them down in 1 rotation...It takes less than 30 seconds. Was also able to solo 3-man quests and WQ rares, even up to 120.

Don't think i'll be going back to kitty unless they do some serious overhauling.
My cat is parked until it's put on the same level as the rest of the classes.

Right now, Rogue/Hunter far more fun.

I'll work on my 9 other classes before I touch my feral again.
Feral really feels bad. A very difficult rotation with no payoff. Was wondering how everyone else in the guild was leveling so much faster than me. I finally gave up then started to level this toon.

At 114 I get the mission to go to the other island and help the dwarf. I think it was Nazmir. Just outside the starting outpost there is a 120 elite dragon mob. I tried it on the Druid in feral and was almost dead in less than 10 sec and had to run and shadowmeld. Went back after cool down was up and tried again as guardian and lasted much longer but still had to run. This guy at 114 just sent the pet and proceeded to wreck him. I think I had to use mend pet once during the fight.

This is night and day. I can pull huge groups and don’t really have to worry about it. Even when the pet is not holding aggro I can face tank multiple mobs without ever loosing much health. If I pull more then 2 as feral I need every survival heal/cool down in the book just so I don’t go splat.

Kat iz not 4 fite anymore..... Kat iz 4 “lolz”......

“John F’in Madden” would be embarrassed
Wait ?! There is other classes ??
08/17/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Sweetnothins
My resto druid with boomy Talent takes on huge groups of 5 while my rogue strugles with 2

Sure he does, lol
I'll just say after tanking some dungeons on my pally I'm most happy to see frost mages and demon hunters as my dps. If anyone is still trying to figure out who to reroll.

So long at the DH isn't in vengeance spec. For some bizarre reason I can't understand I've been getting a lot of people queueing as dps while in tank specs...