Blizzard is Ignoring all Important Topics (while answering fluff)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 20 Next
08/20/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Thüne
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Oh I'm also frustrated at the lack of communication from the blues.

I'm mostly just holding back my utter contempt and frustration at the players here who go -after- the blues who hinder that communication and drive the blues to post less.

Then moderate them?

There does seem to be much increased moderation of threads.

So they are moving on that. Perhaps with some time, more banning of 'fire the devs' posters, GD will improve enough for blues to post again without flying zombie piranha swarms attacking their every post.

We'd both like that world, wouldn't we?
08/20/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Snowfox
08/20/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Thüne
Binkenstiens post I linked. Very well articulated, and also expressing frustration over the lack of communication in the same breath.

Oh I'm also frustrated at the lack of communication from the blues.

I'm mostly just holding back my utter contempt and frustration at the players here who go -after- the blues who hinder that communication and drive the blues to post less.

Snowfox, articulate as always, but you are painting with a very wide brush. There are many more thousands of constructive, well thought out and well expressed posts on these forums than junk posts, which quickly get ignored/buried.

Forum trolls do happen and it's always been pleasing to me that the vast majority of us just ignore them. The "ignore" button is a wonderful tool.
08/20/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Velara
Forum trolls do happen and it's always been pleasing to me that the vast majority of us just ignore them. The "ignore" button is a wonderful tool.

Okay but that's kind of what the blues have done. There's so many trolls in GD they kind of ignore GD.. not entirely, but as a trend.

What you're describing is what the blues kind of do.
08/20/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Sepharian
Horrible story and lore- SILENCE

What do you expect us to say to something that is just simply your opinion. We can't convince you the story is good, if you think its bad then you think its bad, but people will disagree with you, as its an opinion. There are some aspects that I haven't liked, but that doesn't make it "horrible". Seems a little hyperbolic.

Horde Bias- SILENCE

Horde questing was really good but I think Alliance had the better side for me, that's just my opinion though. Those Jaina cutscenes... 10/10.

WQ gear- SILENCE

Yes world quests have gear sometimes. I don't know what you're mad about here. Some more substance to this point would be great. Things like what an actual issue is. Not enough gear, too much, not enough of a certain type, too much of a certain type, etc.

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Pretty great from my experience but I've been rolling into war mode hard and sending everyone I've seen to the graveyard, sometimes that includes myself, so I've had nothing but fun there. I can see though there are some fringe things that need to be looked at, I don't have examples I can use off the top of my head as I don't know when/if they're planning any additional tweaks on that at the moment. It's a new system so we're still open to feedback on it and we're obviously fixing issues that do pop up.

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Literally almost every rep ever put into the game. I'm almost Revered with all of them already except Tortollan(Honored) and Champions(Honored), I get that some people might not like this style of grind but to say it takes too long or is gated is pretty silly in my opinion. I think people are forgetting the rep grinds of back in the day that took months, instead of the newer ones with world quests that can be done in around 2 weeks give or take a few days. (At least in these new reps that are introduced). If you could complete everything that is offered in an MMO in a week then its not really an MMO, part of the magic of the genre is that there are things to work on and progress with your character.

Lack of content other than rep grinding- SILENCE

Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.
Has anyone else noticed how all substantive issues are being completely ignored by blizzard while the community reps are going around posting on only the softest of soft ball questions and issues?

Horde Bias- SILENCE
WQ gear- SILENCE
PVP scaling- SILENCE
Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Question about meaningless tip screen - BLUE RESPONSE.

I for one am sick of being ignored while Blizzard cherry picks their responses.

Wait, horde Bias?
Didn't they just make Sylvanas do some Hilter crap that made all reasonable horde players angry or frustrated af?!!?

And PvP Scaling? I'm guessing you mean 120's no longer being able to one-shot everyone beneath 120? That's actually a good change, but I can imagine the lovely mature people who powerlevel to max level in a new zone just to go harass other people, must hate it.

I think they needed to address people 1-3 shotting people within 10 levels during a new expansion....

Yes, getting jumped is part of the leveling experience on a pvp server or in warmode, and that can still happen..........
But I think ganking people at the start of an expansion because you power leveled to 120 and can 1-3 shot anyone from 110-119, is pure nonsense.

I was so relieved to actually BEAT a 118 at 112, it was nice.....I had to pop cooldowns and pots and work A LOT harder than I would have if they were were my level, but I OUT PLAYED him/her - so I won. That was such a long, but lovely, experience.......it definitely beats a bad player using no skill to just one shot someone a few levels below.

I prefer what we have now to the other popular choices you see in MMOs:
1). being able to one shot anyone who isn't max level.
or
2). being punished with a super harsh penalty for ganking/killing a lowbie.
woah, big blue reply.. perhaps I'll just mosey on to other threads then.
08/20/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Ythisens

What do you expect us to say to something that is just simply your opinion. We can't convince you the story is good, if you think its bad then you think its bad, but people will disagree with you, as its an opinion. There are some aspects that I haven't liked, but that doesn't make it "horrible". Seems a little hyperbolic.

Horde Bias- SILENCE

Horde questing was really good but I think Alliance had the better side for me, that's just my opinion though. Those Jaina cutscenes... 10/10.

WQ gear- SILENCE

Yes world quests have gear sometimes. I don't know what you're mad about here. Some more substance to this point would be great. Things like what an actual issue is. Not enough gear, too much, not enough of a certain type, too much of a certain type, etc.

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Pretty great from my experience but I've been rolling into war mode hard and sending everyone I've seen to the graveyard, sometimes that includes myself, so I've had nothing but fun there. I can see though there are some fringe things that need to be looked at, I don't have examples I can use off the top of my head as I don't know when/if they're planning any additional tweaks on that at the moment. It's a new system so we're still open to feedback on it and we're obviously fixing issues that do pop up.

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Literally almost every rep ever put into the game. I'm almost Revered with all of them already except Tortollan(Honored) and Champions(Honored), I get that some people might not like this style of grind but to say it takes too long or is gated is pretty silly in my opinion. I think people are forgetting the rep grinds of back in the day that took months, instead of the newer ones with world quests that can be done in around 2 weeks give or take a few days. (At least in these new reps that are introduced). If you could complete everything that is offered in an MMO in a week then its not really an MMO, part of the magic of the genre is that there are things to work on and progress with your character.

Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.

You get 'em, Ythisens.
I want an answer on myguild permissions.
PVP scaling literally rules.

Horde Bias- SILENCE

WQ gear- SILENCE

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Okay, you responded to boiled down talking points, what about the universally talked about issues with GCD making certain classes/specs feel like as another user aptly put it, like you're playing tetris, or rock paper scissors. What about the terrible scaling that you the developers seemed to double down on from Legion where you are actually weaker than when you started at 110, gearing up doesn't fix that because they scale off ilvl too.

Horde Bias- SILENCE

WQ gear- SILENCE

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

I really didn't think you would double down on the pvp scaling. Have you not seen the multitudes of threads about this?
Thank you Ythisens for acknowledging the thread and for taking the time to reply.

We don't expect you Blues to solve problems or fix the game. But we do like hearing from you and it's nice to know we're being heard.
i be dang blue post at last am i dreaming?

Horde Bias- SILENCE

WQ gear- SILENCE

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

You're a saint for responding, Ythisens, and of course everything you said is right. But it's not going to really matter in the eyes of some people. They love to complain, and will continue to do so over minor issues.

We go through this cycle every expansion. Literally everything on that list is something I've heard before. The expansion is fantastic, and Blizzard should be very proud of the game they've made.

Looking forward to Uldir and Warfronts!

Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.[/quote]
Rest is what ever but to the bolded... Two weeks is fine but three weeks to get to my favorite content is just a jerk move...

Edit: posting from a phone can be troublesome sorry about formatting.
+

/virtual upvote

Spot on with everything. TY for your eloquence.
Thanks for the reply. Can you give us your opinion on PvE scaling?

We should never get weaker for PvE as we level up or increase our item level. As Ion said, "Power progression is a core part of the game." Right now this is broken. We should not have to wait until we are max level with 330+ item level gear to stop losing power relative to mobs.

Honestly, I think the only issue with the current version of rep grinding is it has become front and center. For instance, if you want an Allied Race (a feature) it's behind rep. If you want to fly, you grind rep. If you want to progress your war campaign (the central story), it's behind rep.

Everyone playing this game or MMOs should be used to rep grinding. What we're not accustomed to, imo, are major features of the expansion locked behind rep. No one had to be exalted with a faction to be BE, Draenei, Worgen, Goblin, Monk, DK, or DH. That (from what I've read) is what most players are complaining about.

Me, I'm grinning and baring it, but I want my damn Dark Iron, so it feels longer than it should because I'm impatient.

Personally, I didn't like WoD or Legion. I'm liking the dungeons and zones of BFA a lot more. Since I complained about timegating in BC...I'll always complain about it. I might even stop my sub, just because I don't like the wait for the final part of Pathfinder. But, I always come back. Not everything can be perfect, especially when trying to appease millions. I just think the last few expansions have gone against what I find fun, but clearly, others enjoy it and more power to them.

That's my opinion :)
Some points are valid Ythisens, but I beg to differ on Professions ...they just don't feel right having to grind mythic's for them to be worthwhile. I just don't think this community has the patience for a casual player like me trying to complete a mythic dungeon, there's a lot of complaining or even outright /kick if you don't meet a certain dps meter or hps meter. And please don't remove the meters because I like to know how I'm doing.