Garbage bounty rewards?

War Mode and World PvP
Just worked really hard to kill a few bounties in Vol'dun, and was rewarded with trash grey items instead of the usual gold / bag of materials. Anyone else experience this? It really sucks that I rallied together a group and fought super hard and was rewarded with literal junk. Bug? Others in the group received good stuff.
I got a load of green quality gems and 150g. Keep in mind there are multiple bags that drop. Gems were in one bag and the gold was in another.
Yeah, that happened to me a few hours ago. It was my second bounty of the night and I was like "what is this? a 5gold vendor item?!?" The first bag was nice, bunch of crafting mats. But that second bag...woohoo 5 gold!
08/21/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Pänic
I got a load of green quality gems and 150g. Keep in mind there are multiple bags that drop. Gems were in one bag and the gold was in another.

Yes, I'm not getting any bags at all anymore, just grey vendor trash. I've killed a number of bounties now.
The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day. This is to prevent abuse of the system.
The bag is pretty rewarding honestly. But one per day is pretty low, IMO. I understand why there is a limit in place though.
08/21/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Phalanx
The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day. This is to prevent abuse of the system.
Does that also include the supply drops? Those are usually greys as well. Yet to see any armor from one.

This seems poorly thought out when the pvp weekly turned Vol'dun into a massive kill squad mess with like 5 bounties per 20 or so alliance.

Why would you discourage people from hunting down and killing these people that essentially become wq griefers? If anything the rewards should go up after the bounty is up long enough regardless of how many bounties you have killed that day.

Abuse of the system? You mean participation in the system?

Rather poor choice. As it stands, both being a bounty and defeating a bounty offer poor rewards.

This...seems like it addresses an exploit that was obvious in the system.

And like most such "fixes", IMHO of course, It screws regular players.

Would not a per character limit (as in I looted bob the ganker, tom the jerkface rogue, frosty the damn kiting mage and got bag from each, but not another from any individually) have been better?

And/or perhaps a 15-45 minute "cooldown" on the drops before you can get another good one?

Both would have been more balance and addressed power farming (perhaps not all, look at mythic raiders chasing .01% advantages to see how dopey some folks can be) but certainly the vast majority. This would also have allowed addressing of actual offendors without penalizing the larger group.

Hey guys we introduced this cool system where you can get rewards for participating in WPvP and now were going to ruin it by only allowing you to do it once per day.

WTF. At least put war resources or something in it for repeat kills.

Thank you so much for the response, this is good to know.

Perhaps once every 3 hours would be a more appropriate rate?
This exists because of people who did !@#$ like what was at Darkshore, getting 500 Honor level in a day because of horde and alliance just agreeing to kill each other and mass res.

That was the EXACT type of cross faction coordination that has ruined this for you.
08/21/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Isilarya
This exists because of people who did !@#$ like what was at Darkshore, getting 500 Honor level in a day because of horde and alliance just agreeing to kill each other and mass res.

That was the EXACT type of cross faction coordination that has ruined this for you.

It's rather different considering bounties are more difficult to obtain, and reset after one death. It wouldn't just be a simple matter of "hey, I'll keep getting bounties, keep killing me, btag friend!"
I mean it was an enticing reward to actually actively PvP. The first bag I got I was like Holy S**T its worth while going after bounties or to group up and protect your friend that is a bounty.

Honestly do a DR or a timer. Bag 1 is awesome, bag 2 is like half of it, bag 3 and on is like a 1/4th of the first bag. It still feels rewarding and going after a bounty is still generally hard so we are still working for the drop.

OR

Give it like a 15- 30 min timer. So people will still do things between killing each other.

This getting grey items from a bag doesn't feel rewarding it in fact feels the opposite. Hey me and my friends just killed this bounty saving the lowbies in this area from getting murdered and all i got was this 25 silver grey item to show for it....
First, some context. When I began playing this game, it was on Arthas-US, Alliance side. Anyone who played there back then will probably understand how I developed a hatred of PvP: Arthas skewed Horde at LEAST 2:1, if not 3:1, and I was a clothie leveling largely either alone or with another clothie. I quickly tired of being ganked, and when my raid team there fell apart, I left because I'd ALWAYS hated the PvP aspect of the server.

Fast forward to the announcement of warmode, and the perks for having it on. I got into a couple of scuffles out in Darkshore, but overall I wasn't sold on it and planned to level in warmode then toggle it off at cap. I haven't. Y'know why? Bounties made world pvp fun, interesting, and rewarding. I'm a healer main, so I spend a lot of the time I'm out with my guildies in holy, whether that's going after WQs and letting my tank husband pull huge groups while the dps mow them down, or chasing horde and acting as the pvp IQ test (read: if I'm left alive, they're not good at pvp). I have been LOVING this system.

Yesterday, however, like the OP, I participated in the takedown of probably half a dozen bounties, and was wondering why I just got grey crap. Seeing this today

was an IMMENSE disappointment. Yes, as with ANY new system, there may be loopholes that need closing, but this is going to kill off world pvp until all that's left are the hardcore pvpers. Part of what kept this interesting, a part of WHY people would risk getting jumped by the possible RAID of people that could be protecting that bounty, was the reward. By diminishing the reward, you reduce the likelihood that people will take the risk.

Make it DR per person to GET the bounty; i.e. if you kill the same person too many times in too short a period, they don't count toward your bounty/assassin status. Make it so that you need to kill X number of unique targets to be eligible for another bounty. A friend of mine suggested "The DR gets reduced after [killing] the 5th different toon. Or after waiting for a time." Making bounties a daily lockout completely destroys the draw for people who otherwise might not participate, and makes it less likely that people will bother engaging if they've already gotten their bag for the day. The fewer people who participate, the more barren world pvp becomes. Warmode has been a lot of fun so far, much to my surprise. I'm hoping this is just a band-aid for the problem while the team investigates better avenues of addressing the exploitation, because to be frank, this one sucks for a whole lot of people.

Glad to know this, because now I won't do them. Not gonna waste my damn time killing something only to get a grey item.
The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day.
This is to prevent --use of the system.

- Fixed that for you. Seriously I think the potential abuse cases for this can't POSSIBLY be that impactful versus thousands of players not abusing it. War mode already makes a lot of areas "Dead" zones. This at least gave me a reason to even go after bounties. The extra honor is okay. But a splash in the bucket that doesn't drive me to go out and engage in the world pvp you are lauding about for the expansion.

If you want people to take part in a system. You need to throw the rewards in. Give us a title for killing so many bounties, cosmetic items or things like that. Drop neat cosmetic gear in the bounty bags if you are removing the more "impactful" rewards after the fact. Fun stuff like that.

Give Alliance or Horde players "Trophies" of their kills in the terms of faction specific items that we can flaunt. Warriors using opposite faction heraldry shields they got off of kills for example. Things like that make the flavor of the experience even better. People in war would often take trophies like weapons or tools off of enemies. Wear symbols or markers to track kills or things like that. You could really make something out of world PVP to reward the people that do it and encourage others to take part in it.
08/21/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Isilarya

I didn't know it was abused this way.

However, I don't think there should be diminishing returns on the loot you get from a bounty. Instead, there should be a reward for racking up kills while having a bounty (aka something similar to a 'high score') where items would be mailed to you based on which tier you fell into with regards to kills with a bounty.

This would solve the issue of cross faction coordination because people would be more interested in trying to rack as many kills as possible for a good loot threshold.

I think it's absurd to resolve the issue by reducing the rewards bounty hunters receive. After all, those people help protect everyone else in the zone by combating aggressors. I know there are also people who play with war mode on, despite having no interest in pvp, for the extra rewards. I'm sure they appreciate the bounty hunters keeping their region safe.