Garbage bounty rewards?

War Mode and World PvP
''abuse'' in the system?

lol.
Abuse the system aka “we want people to only get one reward per day so they might keep their subs active longer in search of that sweet loot”

Blizzard is a garbage dev team now.
08/21/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Phalanx
The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day. This is to prevent abuse of the system.

So, Blizzard thinks getting rewards is abusive? Now this expansion makes sense.
[quote="207663294432"]The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day. This is to prevent abuse of the system.

Why is this not displayed anywhere in the game if it is a thing?
I have to come to the forums to figure this out...

What other kind of World PVP "Restrictions" are in place that are not apparent in the actually game?
This seems like something that should have been announced when War Mode became a thing. I don't recall seeing anything about ganking assassins multiple times resulting in diminishing returns. Good to know, but players shouldn't have to rely on the forums for the information.
The bounty bag loot drops diminish after 1 bag looted per day. This is to prevent abuse of the system.

1 step forward 2 steps back, Blizzard usual approach to things. How could someone think this was a good idea.
08/21/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Tamkota
Does that also include the supply drops? Those are usually greys as well. Yet to see any armor from one.

Yes - I ran across an entire zone and got 1 for the first time ever, was so excited to finally get one and it drops a piece of junk worth 5 gold and 19 war resources. WTF! lol

How can someone possible abuse this.. Its a game feature. Kill to many people and a bounty is put on your head .. You kill the target and you collect the bounty ..

Do you want us to kill enemy's or ???
ROFL you guys are surprised by this? Blizzard has yet again !@#$ the bed when it comes to making something fun and worth while and then instantly turning it into garbage. That's a real talent. It kind of feels like a little kid who is like you can play with my toy and then when you start having fun with it they take it away

So, turn on warmode, group up and get 1 bounty and 1 supply crate while doing Artifact power WQs for max AP per day, then turn off warmode to do the rest of the WQs and farm because the pvp slows those down and doesn't offer me any real bonus for another 24 hours. Check. It's a good thing we can't abuse this system.

Personally I think a 1 to 2 hour wait period would be enough and give people a reason to stay in warmode. It would also keep people from farming each other because of the long downtime. But once a day, without any indication in game makes it really confusing. You could at least have "You have completed your daily bounty" when you cursor over your pvp buff that says you can gain 100 honor for bounties.

This seems poorly thought out when the pvp weekly turned Vol'dun into a massive kill squad mess with like 5 bounties per 20 or so alliance.

Why would you discourage people from hunting down and killing these people that essentially become wq griefers? If anything the rewards should go up after the bounty is up long enough regardless of how many bounties you have killed that day.

Were you unable to toggle off War Mode? You should probably submit a ticket about that.

So, turn on warmode, group up and get 1 bounty and 1 supply crate while doing Artifact power WQs for max AP per day, then turn off warmode to do the rest of the WQs and farm because the pvp slows those down and doesn't offer me any real bonus for another 24 hours. Check. It's a good thing we can't abuse this system.

Personally I think a 1 to 2 hour wait period would be enough and give people a reason to stay in warmode. It would also keep people from farming each other because of the long downtime. But once a day, without any indication in game makes it really confusing. You could at least have "You have completed your daily bounty" when you cursor over your pvp buff that says you can gain 100 honor for bounties.

Bob here raises a pretty phenomenal point, too.

<span class="truncated">...</span>
This seems poorly thought out when the pvp weekly turned Vol'dun into a massive kill squad mess with like 5 bounties per 20 or so alliance.

Why would you discourage people from hunting down and killing these people that essentially become wq griefers? If anything the rewards should go up after the bounty is up long enough regardless of how many bounties you have killed that day.

Were you unable to toggle off War Mode? You should probably submit a ticket about that.

The snark is uncalled for. This is EXACTLY what will happen if the bounty change remains as it is. People will lose interest once they've gotten their bag for the day so fewer and fewer people will remain in warmode to answer the call to fight back against a group dominating a particular quest. If there are groups fighting and we (whichever side you're on) happen to be losing, that's just how the cookie crumbles, but if everyone has abandoned war mode, then your choices are essentially 1) get camped, 2) come back later, 3) turn off warmode. That last one is a sign of system failure. One imagines that most people don't play on servers where no one is on during their play time, because that wouldn't be much fun, so it shouldn't be hard to summon reinforcements, but sometimes you don't want to drop everything to help a stranger across the zone. Bounties ALSO incentivize actually helping each other.

Let's try to keep the conversation productive; I'm really hoping that some meaningful change will come from this and that, as I said earlier, the current bounty change is just a band-aid until something better can be worked out.

But selling Mythic+ carries is OK?

Downvoted
1 a day on loot is really silly, I was wondering why sometimes I’d get a boatload then the next time I get a gray broken belt buckle worth 2g, on top of that we get like 3 honor per kill toward the conqueror of Azeroth meta achievement and the 100 honor from killing bounties doesn’t count.

Pretty disappointed in this system overall, id rather you reduce the rewards than make it once a day then people would actually want to do it.

After everyone’s leveled up people are gonna turn off war mode and we’ll never be able to complete that achievement
We've hotfixed the bounty bags to always reward 100 honor, regardless of how many you loot. Keep in mind looting bounties also increments the achievement "Bounty Hunting" which is needed for the meta achievement "Conqueror of Azeroth" which rewards a title and mount.

When the season begins, Bounty Bags will reward Conquest.

Thanks for feedback, and the lively discussion!
So the 100 honor from the bounty bag does not give credit towards the Tour of Duty: Zone achievements. Is this intended?
08/22/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Phalanx
We've hotfixed the bounty bags to always reward 100 honor, regardless of how many you loot. Keep in mind looting bounties also increments the achievement "Bounty Hunting" which is needed for the meta achievement "Conqueror of Azeroth" which rewards a title and mount.

When the season begins, Bounty Bags will reward Conquest.

Thanks for feedback, and the lively discussion!

Quite nice, thank you for the update and the hotfix.
Blizz understands incentives. They don't want people to engage in pvp.