Please Stop Making Us Grind for Things Like Allied Races...

General Discussion
08/23/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Felene
This is a cop out answer.

What makes these races different? They are just like the other ones. They have unique perks, unique class selection, unique story, unique mounts.

This is literally no difference.

They are being packaged as grindable content when they used to be baseline so Blizzard doesn't have to actually put IN actual content and keep you grinding. And the best part is... You paid for it!

It's different because that's what they're advertised as. Simple as that.

I don't have HM or NF unlocked and I don't plan on unlocking them any time soon.
08/23/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Vislupus
hardcore grinded

1. There is no such word as "grinded".
2. If you think rep "grinds" are "hardcore" today there's no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that you did anything Vanilla or TBC.
08/23/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Healalots
08/23/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Felene
As someone who played during both those times i want to say that these grinds are unprecedented.

At no point were you forced to grind for a new race. They came baseline with the expansions as content you paid for.

You do more mandatory rep grinding in Legion and BFA than you did in Classic. Rep used to be gained by running dungeons. Now it's World Quest yourself for months to get instance access and access to new races. This is unprecedented and NOT comparable to older content.
Classic had like 2-3 reps you had to grind for gear and items... technically no rep is mandatory... no one has to grind rep.

Yeah, and you can also not do huge chunks of the game that used to be packaged baseline.

You grinded reps in Vanilla and BC largely by doing the instances involved with the faction. Your rewards for doing so involved items and patterns, usually.

A lot of patterns would be useful for encounters in later stages of the dungeons. So as you're doing the dungeons and the raids you're actively grinding the rep you needed to progress further in the raid.

Upon reflection, I find it very intuitive compared to today's gameplay.

What makes these races different?

What makes them different is that they were advertised as "prestige reward races".

What makes them different is that we get 8 of them, with possibly more to come, in a single expansion.

What is a "cop out" is the "I don't like this so everything you say is wrong...lalalalala" with your fingers stuck in your ears like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
08/23/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Floyln

What makes these races different? They are just like the other ones. They have unique perks, unique class selection, unique story, unique mounts.

This is literally no difference.

They are being packaged as grindable content when they used to be baseline so Blizzard doesn't have to actually put IN actual content and keep you grinding. And the best part is... You paid for it!

It's different because that's what they're advertised as. Simple as that.

I don't have HM or NF unlocked and I don't plan on unlocking them any time soon.

What I'm getting from this post is I can package you up some manure and label it gold and when people get taken in that's just their bad, right? What idiots?

Not a real nice attitude. And not a very honest business model.
08/23/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Felene
Cause this game we pay for is a job amirite.
Only if you have that mind set because you're entitled and want everything handed to you because "Well, I pay my $15!"

You pay for access to it. You STILL have to do the work.
08/23/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Raiyyn

What makes these races different?

What makes them different is that they were advertised as "prestige reward races".

What makes them different is that we get 8 of them, with possibly more to come, in a single expansion.

What is a "cop out" is the "I don't like this so everything you say is wrong...lalalalala" with your fingers stuck in your ears like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

I wish people like you guys would have been around back in the day to save attunement questlines because they were much more engaging and qualified far more as 'content' than this rep grinding WQ nonsense.

You guys are literally defending being taken advantage of. It's astounding.
08/23/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Raiyyn
hardcore grinded

1. There is no such word as "grinded".
2. If you think rep "grinds" are "hardcore" today there's no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that you did anything Vanilla or TBC.

Nowhere did I say that this kind of grinding is hardcore. In fact, it is far from it. What is annoying about it is that it is TIME GATED rep grinding. In BC you could run dungeons to gain rep. Great, I can do it whenever I want. Now I need to log in every day to spend time doing the same thing every day instead of doing something different or I suffer. I would rather be able to just grind dungeons all day for a few days rather than spread it over 3 weeks.

By the way, I GRINDED.
I get what you mean and if anyone says your wineing your not. '

there are other people on this forum that are like "man just give em for free bro its horrible I have to unlock something", and although for me the maghar are like a recolor so its kinda like a weapon skin for me, but when it comes to things like night borne or kultiran humans and potential things that could be seen as new races like if they add ogres and stuff into the game I can see the frustration with that.

i personally think they just need to stop tieing them to rep grinds and make it more like path finder stuff. yes there are achievments involed on top of the rep grind and some of the "achievments" have to do with the rep grind, but to future proof the system i think it would be great if it was just tied to the/a loremaster type acheivment. yes im sure people would still complain about haveing to complet old content but imo there is a story to these allied races and they start at level 20 with little to no starting zone. which is why i think the best feeling they can get from a system like this is have the unlocking of it take around the time or as many quests as it would to get to lvl 20.

the surumar story of the nightborne, the highmountain story of those tauren and the story of argus the army of the light and allieria (the way i see it) are the starting zones and the voice over guy for that race, and i think its important to know where they came fom and why they joined your faction; and i know just because i enjoy unlocking stuff to play in a game dosent mean everyone will, but because they start at 20 i think this would be a great "fix" to how they are dished out.

edit: wanna add here too, theres really no point to grinding the rep on a character just to loose it when you make a new one. I think another way to "fix"/ improve this issue (of a lot of people being upset) is to give people a free race change everytime they unlock an allied race, but that would feel like the weird bad yucky version as apposed to just making it a requirement to play through the story of the game without rep grind
08/23/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Sillie
This filled the forums when Allied races were released in Legion.

I grinded the allied races.. why should you get it handed to you?

I also died inside while doing the allied races, and I don't think they should be locked behind timegated reputation.

See how neither of our opinions actually matter, here?
08/23/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Faartos
Most of you are missing the point.

Leveling a character, to do a month long grind, just to start over isn't a reward. It is punishment for wanting to play something new. Why invest time into a character, just toss it away as soon as you unlock a new race?

Blizzard has gone back and forth on alts, helping players with them and also punishing them for not working on a main, now they are doing both at the same time.

AR's will do nothing, but burn people out faster, it would be different if we had more classes, but we don't so how many warriors, paladins, hunters ect are we going to make? What does AR's bring besides poorly reskinned models?

Is this the game you want WoW to be?

I think you sort of hit it on the head in that the real issue is the reward isn't worth the grind but people want the reward. its the same as if the only way to be raid ready was to do raids
Completely agree with you, OP.
Regular Race (aka - Orc, Human, Night Elf, Forsaken, etc)
-Starts at level 1 (unless you select Death Knight or Demon Hunter)
-Has only the backpack
-Has no mount (unless you get the heirloom mount)
-Has to purchase basic riding skill at level 20
-Has a starting zone meant to familiarize the player with the race

Allied Race (aka - Nightborne, Lightforged, etc)
-Starts at level 20
-Cannot be Death Knight or Demon Hunter
-Gets a free mount
-Gets a free tabard
-Gets the basic riding skill for free
-Gets a full set of 10 slot bags
-No starting zone to level to familiarize the player with the race
-Gets a full set of Transmog gear when they reach max level unique to that race

You get a ton more stuff that a playable race. I have no qualms over grinding rep to get all that ON TOP OF the other stuff you can buy from the rep vendor.

Don't think it's worth your time? Then don't freakin' do it. Simple as that. The amount of time people spend !@#$%ing on the forums about the Allied Races they could have used actually unlocking the race.

First world problems, right here.
08/23/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Kubarg
the surumar story of the nightborne, the highmountain story of those tauren and the story of argus the army of the light and allieria (the way i see it) are the starting zones and the voice over guy for that race, and i think its important to know where they came fom and why they joined your faction; and i know just because i enjoy unlocking stuff to play in a game dosent mean everyone will, but because they start at 20 i think this would be a great "fix" to how they are dished out.

this tbqh
08/23/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Degas
The amount of time people spend !@#$%ing on the forums about the Allied Races they could have used actually unlocking the race.

First world problems, right here.

It took me minutes to type the original post out. My quests are done for the day, I cannot do anything else until tomorrow. Tell me again how I could have used this time to unlock the allied race?
08/23/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Vislupus
It took me minutes to type the original post out. My quests are done for the day, I cannot do anything else until tomorrow. Tell me again how I could have used this time to unlock the allied race?

Do you have the Nightborne? Highmountain? Lightforged? Void Elves? Have you completed the Highmountain, Suramar, or Argus questlines?

No?

Then hop to it. Chop, chop.
08/23/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Degas

Do you have the Nightborne? Highmountain? Lightforged? Void Elves? Have you completed the Highmountain, Suramar, or Argus questlines?

No?

By the sound of it, they've already done all they can until the timer says they can get more rep. So how can Vislupus 'Chop, chop' and 'Hop to it' when they literally CAN NOT do anymore?
08/23/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Degas

No?

How's that Blizzard dong taste. Good Lord.
Blizzard, this isn't classic or BC anymore. I hardcore grinded in those. But at this point, you released an expansion where absolutely nothing changed from level 110 to 120 and now I am essentially redoing all of the quests I've already done. Although the 7th legion stuff was new starting at 120, I really don't want to do the same quests every single day for weeks just to unlock Dark Iron Dwarves. If you want to make an incredibly long and difficult quest chain involving dungeons and such, that's fine. Hell, I'd be happy just doing a massive never ending maze over like the Lucid Nightmare maze over a long period of time to unlock them. What I don't want to do, nor do I find fun, is doing the same thing over and over with nothing changing.

We have to grind for gear, pets, money, and a medley of other things, we don't need to grind for this too.

Classic and BC grinds were nothing compared to Legion and BFA.
God forbid you have to play the game to unlock rewards. The horror!!