Video proof of broken PVE scaling

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 74 Next
Thank you blue for putting this nonsense to rest.
Wow, I kinda feel bad for the OP. He went through all that trouble to prove what everyone already knew.
working as intended lol
good reply.
this is really dumb but it only effect you for a day or two until you get past that initial gear gap.

if youre watchin watcher. get rid of cross realm altogether please. its killing your game.
08/24/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Watcher
Philosophically, we completely agree that progression is an essential part of an RPG experience. Rewards need to mean something, and their impact needs to be felt when playing the game.

I would add that choice is also a vital part of the RPG experience as well. I also agree about rewards having meaning and an impact. However, I must ask why there has been no character reward in 20 levels.

100-120 granted no new abilites, no new talents, nothing. We got new content to experience but from an RPG aspect, it falls flat.

We could have experienced Legion & BfA as a level 100 and nothing would be different.
08/24/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Moccoo
Oh hey look, another "Working as intended" answer.

He addresses your concerns in the post.
08/24/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Melaroi
08/24/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Moccoo
Oh hey look, another "Working as intended" answer.

No..

VS identical mobs, a mythic raider from the previous expansion would never do better than a LFR geared person from the current expansion.

But that is where we are (lfr is 340 gear, current mythics is 340).

But the development team can't seem to make this connection.
08/24/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Nighdarke
No outdoor content should require Mythic gear to do and right now it does.

No it doesn't. That's just ignorant. You can hit 120 fresh with no dungeon gear, BOEs, or anything and do every single WQs in the game except the ones that are designed to require a group. Implying that there's any gear requirements for World Quests is a joke.
You can all go home now, the Blue laid it out perfectly for anyone with a shred of comprehension.

Go gear up, have fun and inevitably people will forget all about this once everyone starts becoming geared.

We will see you cry babies again in two years when the next expansion comes only to cry over the same exact problem.
08/24/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Auferre
I'm starting to wish I'd saved the quest greens I hit 120 in, because as someone doing world quests in 335 gear this appears to me to be flat out untrue, and I'd really like to be able to put some numbers behind that observation.

You'd like to be able to put some numbers behind it, but you can't and won't. Math > your gut feeling.
08/24/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Moccoo
08/24/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Melaroi

No..

VS identical mobs, a mythic raider from the previous expansion would never do better than a LFR geared person from the current expansion.

Mythic 5 man dungeons are not mythic raid players.

Mythic ilevel is 380 from Uldir.

I think you might have these confused.
08/24/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Moccoo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No..

OK, go into Mythic Antorus like Watcher uses in his example. Put a group of 110s in there with full Mythic gear see how much damage they do. Then put in a group of 120s with full 340 gear.

Who kills the bosses faster?

Edit: I realize it sounds like a copout answer but a 120 fighting a 120 mob is not the same as a 110 fighting a 110 mob, even if they appear to be the exact same mob to a third party observer.

You have to use mobs that don't scale to measure relative power.
08/24/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Pungewort
I leveled this character just like the blue post said where I skipped argus and just had generic legion quest gear starting at 110. The entire leveling experience felt smooth to me. End of story.

It's depressing and sickening how whiny people are. I don't think I've ever seen people complain so much over a practically nonexistent issue. This forum really is full of people who simply enjoy trying to bring everyone down with them.

When it takes LONGER to kill the exact same mob as your ilvl increases, even when your actual LEVEL is the same, SOMETHING IS WRONG.
I'm starting to wish I'd saved the quest greens I hit 120 in, because as someone doing world quests in 335 gear this appears to me to be flat out untrue, and I'd really like to be able to put some numbers behind that observation.

Is it possible that certain class/specs are bugged? As a brewmaster, I'm killing faster and easier at a 330 ilvl than I was as a fresh 120 in greens. But I keep hearing people saying that they are having the opposite experience. I don't want to discount it as lies or hyperbole, but I do find it strange.
I see all this blue text with their last message of progression being fundamental to WoW, and I can't seem to rationalize this with the fact that you get weaker as you level through content in BfA.
Scaling at 120 is dumb.

I was coming here just to ask about this system and found this thread right at the top of the list.

I'm calling it ilvl scaling for simplicity, but what I mean by that is scaling of content based on your ilvl and not just your level. So answer me a couple of things so I can be clear on it:

Does ilvl scaling happen in dungeons?

Will ilvl scaling happen in raids?

(if yes to either of those questions, you've essentially removed all reason to get better gear for literally everyone)

Does ilvl scaling happen in instanced pvp?

Does ilvl scaling happen in world pvp?

(if yes to either of those questions, why?)

Does ilvl scaling happen in the overworld on regular mobs?

(again, why gear at all if so)

Does ilvl scaling happen in the overworld on rares?

(I think it does, would like confirmation. I personally find this irritating)

Does ilvl scaling happen in the overworld on world quest mobs?

(People are getting around the changes to the group finder. I personally always solo world quests and it feels like I'm being punished for not cheesing the system like other people)

And lastly, have you played Guild Wars 2? It was really, really bad.
08/24/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Melaroi
OK, go into Mythic Antorus like Watcher uses in his example. Put a group of 110s in there with full Mythic gear see how much damage they do. Then put in a group of 120s with full 340 gear.

Who kills the bosses faster?

My money is on the 110's with full mythic gear.
08/24/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Korassa

Is it possible that certain class/specs are bugged? As a brewmaster, I'm killing faster and easier at a 330 ilvl than I was as a fresh 120 in greens. But I keep hearing people saying that they are having the opposite experience. I don't want to discount it as lies or hyperbole, but I do find it strange.

People love employing Feelycraft. "It feels slower!" It isn't.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/Tequilamode

Summon + Itlv Bug ? (Exploit?)

Orc lv 19 with Hammer lv120 pre-req ?