Video proof of broken PVE scaling

General Discussion
Prev 1 72 73 74
I have no sense of progression in this game. Get better gear but I don't feel like I kill anything any faster.
The scaling while leveling is also very bad. I decided to help a friend do Ghostlands on my level 60 alt. He was level 25. We were both hunters. Once I hit level 65, all the mobs were green and the quests started to grey out, but the mobs were still very powerful. My friend was able to kill the mobs in 2 or 3 hits. I struggled to kill them in 10 hits. I even had all my gear enchanted, where my friend didn't. I brought some items in the AH to increase my item level which helped a little bit, but not much. But 5-6 levels higher than the content should not be harder. It should be much easier. The mobs at level 66 were harder to kill then the mobs at level 60...yet the zone caps at level 60. How? Where is the logic in that?
As you level from 60, every level you lose xp but the mobs still gain health and hit points and your character feels less powerful. At 66, I went to Northrend and the mobs were much easier.
This whole system is very bad.
Scaling makes ZERO sense in an MMORPG. Levels and gear need to mean something otherwise its pointless. This is a huge reason why Classic will be successful. Levels meant something, gear meant something, Ion = Jay Wilson with D3 which is weird because he is a WoW vet and Jay never even played D2.
I really want the old leveling system back worked awesome for so many years.
Or at least and option to toggle scaling on or off.
Three months, and still no attention to the broken mess the game has become. Rolled pre-110 dungeons for the Nth time, and I've about lost all my faith in Blizzard; meanwhile, they're focused on their soon to be failed attempt at mobile gaming, and this idiotic return to vanilla WoW -- Still alienating casual players who have formed more than 50% of the player base since BC.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is being told -- no, yelled at to use DBM for pre-110. The game just isn't fun anymore on any level. Tired of the fanboys defending the system because #Darksoulsrocks, and I'm tired of people with their ^&*%ing heads in the sand, and who accuse me of being toxic in game just because I complain about how hard it is. So I whine here in hopes that maybe our combined complaints get the traction to put casual content back where it belongs and hardcore content back where IT belongs. Your scaling is B.R.O.K.E.N! Wake up Blizzard.
10/22/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Kozer
I have no sense of progression in this game. Get better gear but I don't feel like I kill anything any faster.

thats cause the scaling is balanced around u having an ilvl that isnt yet obtainable.
seeing as this expac wont be finished for another year...it seems fitting AMIRITE? JOCKIN
... in game just because I complain about how hard it is. So I whine here in hopes that maybe our combined complaints get the traction to put casual content back where it belongs and hardcore content back where IT belongs. Your scaling is B.R.O.K.E.N! Wake up Blizzard.

Aside from Mythic difficulties, there is absolutely nothing hard about this game. Like.... nothing. Even Mythic Raiding, (which I don't partake in) is a matter of time investment, (mastering your class) and research, (learning the mechanics of the encounter).

You may not like the game in it's current state and that is obviously within your rights as a customer but please don't insult anyone's intelligence by calling this game "hard".

/eyeroll

::Note to Raiders:: I am aware that I over-simplified what it takes to Raid. I was just making a point