Price for reforging Azerite Gear.

General Discussion
Currently over 5k per reforge.

Wasn't the idea to reduce the amount of sets players required to play the game?

Right now i'm torn between blowing my bank on reforging or collecting 4 pieces of the same armor, one for each spec.

Should have capped out at 1k/reforge.
There is literally zero reason to respec that often as it currently stands. You get this stuff like candy currently. It's like you want people to pay for your lack of common sense.
08/25/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Kulzuk
There is literally zero reason to respec that often as it currently stands.

So you like having long queue times then as a dps? The OP might want to tank or heal something and can switch between the two at need depending on what the group needs.
There is literally zero reason to respec that often as it currently stands. You get this stuff like candy currently. It's like you want people to pay for your lack of common sense.

You don't get mythic peices like candy.

I currently play resto, Guardian and Balance depending on what my guild requires at the time.

Having to reforge my armor every time i fill a new role is going to end up bankrupting me, and i cannot just walk into mythics and farm gear due to lockouts.

Being tied to a single specilization is a stupid idea, Having to throw 10, 20k, 40k gold per reforge is going to become absolutely outrageous as the expansion goes on.
Azerite trait selection is supposed to be something you commit to, not something that you should swap out every hour or two because you want to change roles. For that, get another set of Azerite gear.

The reforging cost will continue to go up the more often you use it and there is no cap on how high it will go. However, if you don't use it for 3 days, the cost halves and will continue to be cut in half every other 3 days as long as you don't reforge.
I don't know about that. I'm a druid too, who plays balance, restoration and guardian for my guild.

It's having to grind multiple sets of azerite gear (assuming you aren't using a neutral trait), vs having to grind AP heavily in different artifact weapons in Legion.

Frankly, I'd much rather grind out more sets of gear than artifact weapons, considering the latter was literally a never ending grind.
08/25/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Almeria

I currently play resto, Guardian and Balance depending on what my guild requires at the time.

Having to reforge my armor every time i fill a new role is going to end up bankrupting me, and i cannot just walk into mythics and farm gear due to lockouts.

Being tied to a single specilization is a stupid idea, Having to throw 10, 20k, 40k gold per reforge is going to become absolutely outrageous as the expansion goes on.

You do realize having the first two traits even in mythic gear is minimum as it currently stands and means next to nothing? Then again you probably don't understand that having mythic dungeon azerite gear with zero traits is still more powerful then having 325 with 2-3 traits depending. I see math is also not your strong suit.
What, Oh my God, what? The price for reforging resets after a short period of not resetting, and the best traits for many specs are the neutral ones. So either A; pick neutral traits or B; don't reforge.

For God's sake, it's mythic 0s, I was tanking these with my artifact weapon still on. it's not a min/max fiesta, get over yourself.

So how about get a sense for yourself, and stick to one spec until you are able to collect more gear? Stay resto until you get your guardian gear, if your guild is literally forcing you to play what they want, then they should finance your respecs and if not, they are probably just using you.
It would be nice if the price reset every week, i'd love a more expensive option to actually re-roll the available traits though.
Supposedly we were only supposed to be resetting our Azerite Gear when we changed specs... but I find that I often want to change my traits when I get new gear, just so my abilities aren't overlapping.

I can change my Talents for free, whenever i'm in a Rest Zone, I don't see why Azerite Traits should be any different -if they insist on making us pay (and I have paid, but, like, 5g) then it should be really cheap and never get expensive. Maybe cap at 100g and reset daily.

You aren't tied to it, you're just blowing your gold on reforging them just because you can, without thinking about it.

You don't need the right azerite traits for Mythic 0. If you think you do, you are wrong. They are not difficult enough to require every person to have optimal traits.

If you're so anal about having the right traits for the spec you're currently in, tell your guild you're playing X spec until you can get some more pieces for varying traits.

But you don't need to tell your guild that because as mentioned, you can have the wrong traits in all 3 slots and still do fine.
5k gold for Reforging? Highest I have gotten was 10 gold. I keep two sets of azurite gear in my bags, one for DPS and One for Healing. I spend more gold on my transmogs.
08/25/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Thundertotem
5k gold for Reforging? Highest I have gotten was 10 gold. I keep two sets of azurite gear in my bags, one for DPS and One for Healing. I spend more gold on my transmogs.

You are also in Sub-300ilvl Azerite gear that does infact, drop like candy.

When you hit the 340 gear, on a class with FOUR specs, it becomes a bit stupid.
08/25/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Carhagen
Azerite trait selection is supposed to be something you commit to, not something that you should swap out every hour or two because you want to change roles. For that, get another set of Azerite gear.

The reforging cost will continue to go up the more often you use it and there is no cap on how high it will go. However, if you don't use it for 3 days, the cost halves and will continue to be cut in half every other 3 days as long as you don't reforge.

That's fine, but let me commit to a trait not a spec. I play a freaking monk cause sometimes I want to tank, sometimes I want to heal. If not I'd just play a damn rogue. I get commiting to a trait on windwalker and there being a cost to change that. But add it to the talent swap, switch to Mistweaver? Load mistweaver traits, not hard.

The problem with this system is I have to get lucky and get multiple pieces for the same slot, or spend money to play my class. Something just feels wrong healing with a windwalker fist of fury trait. IT FEELS WRONG. This is the problem, I don't need it, I could heal just fine without it, but it feels wrong.
08/25/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Almeria
Currently over 5k per reforge.

Wasn't the idea to reduce the amount of sets players required to play the game?

Right now i'm torn between blowing my bank on reforging or collecting 4 pieces of the same armor, one for each spec.

Should have capped out at 1k/reforge.

Why reforge when you can just carry a different piece for each spec?
I can't even imagine that. The traits are not enough of a dealbreaker between specs to really give that much of a crap about, let alone blowing that much every time.

They need to switch it back to the Artifact style menu where you can just pick your traits (per spec would be even better), and quit punishing people for item level upgrades and RNG luck on these pieces.

The whole Azerite system is flipping borked.
08/25/2018 11:04 PMPosted by Almeria
When you hit the 340 gear, on a class with FOUR specs, it becomes a bit stupid.

Prune to druid specs coming next expac confirmed.
I guess just be happy you didn't play in Classic through MoP. You would have needed a full set of Agi/Defense/Dodge gear for tanking, a full set of Int with hit gear for boomkin, and a full set of Int with spirit/MP5 gear for Resto. Now you just need 3 azerite pieces and a weapon to change specs.

The system is fine, I'ts ok for your offspec to have slightly worse gear than your main spec. If you have 325 azerite pieces instead of 340 it drops your item level by 5 ish, not a huge deal.
08/25/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Waraila
There is literally zero reason to respec that often as it currently stands.

So you like having long queue times then as a dps? The OP might want to tank or heal something and can switch between the two at need depending on what the group needs.