Remove Cursed/No Bonus from Stealth Missions.

General Discussion
No bonus loot unless you add troops, but if you add troops on a Stealth mission your success suddenly plummets from 100% to... 50%. or even 20%.

This seems utterly counterproductive.

Either remove the affix from Stealth missions, or add in something specific to counter it that won't lower the % chance.

Please.
i noticed this today too. -70% success chance if you add troops, cannot counter the mission type without troops.

not sure what idiot came up with that, but they need a talkin' to.
Yeah on stealth missions I just accept the bare minimum. Especially since we do not have Legion style equipment for our followers so we cannot boost the success rate despite the troops reduction.
08/27/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Melithiria
No bonus loot unless you add troops, but if you add troops on a Stealth mission your success suddenly plummets from 100% to... 50%. or even 20%.

This seems utterly counterproductive.

Either remove the affix from Stealth missions, or add in something specific to counter it that won't lower the % chance.

Please.
you counter that by not adding troops. Not hard to figure out.
08/27/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Trìnïty
you counter that by not adding troops. Not hard to figure out.

Reading a book must be a big struggle for you if you can't even bother to read all of my post.
Noticed this but thought it was just me. Hopefully it's a bug.
08/27/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Mackenzy
Noticed this but thought it was just me. Hopefully it's a bug.
It's not a bug. It's intentional. Read the stealth mechanic on the mission. It's a little small, took me a few to find, but it's there.
Another issue is how "hiring" troops give you random troop traits.

I've had a time where I needed 2x gun tropps and only had sword troops after have recruited all the slots.

So like..... I can't even delete a troop I have to get them killed, meanwhile an important mission I can't counter 2x mods.

Other times, I needed 2x of a type of troop and only had one... But I can't choose which enemy to counter even if I place the troop in the 3rd slot, it still counters the 2nd enemy. And the 3rd slot was the "cannot go over 100%".

They really did an extremely poor job with the mission board.
08/27/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Vi
not sure what idiot came up with that, but they need a talkin' to.

Pretty sure that idiot needs more than a good talking too.
The mission board this xpac is a huge joke anyway. Rep bonuses are the only thing even worthwhile, and those only will be until exalted with the rep unless they are planning on giving cache's that will take weeks to earn after exalted. Send out troops to get azerite that is such a small amount that most of the time I just leave my champions unsent and hope a rep mission will pop up.
08/27/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
It's not a bug. It's intentional. Read the stealth mechanic on the mission. It's a little small, took me a few to find, but it's there.

I don't think you understand the issue.

Stealth missions give -100% chance if the mission has a troop on it, essentially killing the mission.

These same missions can also have counters that only troops can counter, including cursed.

This means if a stealth mission spawns that has a curse on it that only troops can counter, there is no way to even try for the bonus on it, because the only way to remove the curse is to take the -100% chance.

This does not seem like its intentional. They could just remove the bonus from these missions of they don't want it to be realistically obtainable.
08/27/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Kaiyeri

I don't think you understand the issue.

Stealth missions give -100% chance if the mission has a troop on it, essentially killing the missing.

These same missions can also have counters that only troops can counter, including cursed.

This means if a stealth mission spawns that has a curse on it that only troops can counter, there is no way to even try for the bonus on it, because the only way to remove the curse is to take the -100% chance.

This does not seem like its intentional. They could just remove the bonus from these missions of they don't want it to be realistically obtainable.
I understand the issue perfectly. Everyone does.

And I also read the Twitter update addressing this that says it's not a bug. Read the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

It's not a bug. It's stupid. But not a bug.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767587764#post-9