Good Job Destroying Group Finder No More Auto-accept

General Discussion
Prev 1 59 60 61 97 Next
This change, hotfixed in with zero justification, warning or even recognition in the hotfix notes represents a new low in Developer/player communication.

This was always going to be a controversial change, it should have been accompanied by a statement on what is motivating it, what behaviour you're trying to curb, and why this was the only way to accomplish it.

That it was done but never acknowledged or announced just feeds a narrative that the developers are, in bad faith, removing streamlined features and conveniences in order to arbitrarily increase playtime metrics and juke engagement stats.
08/11/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Ginvite
This change, hotfixed in with zero justification, warning or even recognition in the hotfix notes represents a new low in Developer/player communication.

And we're not just gonna sit idly by and let them get away with it.
I personally think they will end up saying something.

With a business as big theirs and as successful, they’ll do the business tactic way which will consist of a board room meeting with some folks, probably moderator, ion and maybe some other key folks. They’ll discuss a “plan of action” which is just a business tactic of finding the “right words” to discuss this topic.

Eventually they’ll say a lot of things and use lots of words but won’t actualky give you an answer. They’ll just probably say that it was necessary for now and are planning something ahead and to HAVE FUN and ENJOY B4A! It’s typical boardroom talk. Plan out what to say and how to say it and get the topic and issue out quickly and then bank on an exciting announcement that has nothing to do with the issue at all.

Business politics will take over this issue. I guarantee it.
Refusing to think through and see the merits of the change while also acting like it’s more detrimental than it is doesn’t do much for anyone.
08/11/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Birubiru
And another day of World Questing alone...

You’re right, no one ever quested with other people for the 12+ years Auto accept wasn’t a thing <_<
08/11/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Careyna
As someone who has been playing since 2004 and now mostly solo I cannot fathom why they would make grouping harder. At least to me all my favorite content has happened in groups why add friction to that process especially to those of us who have limited playtime but still want a social environment? Otherwise it’s back to being the only char doing the quest at the time. Makes the world feel lonely. If anything blizz should be looking to make large or even small group content easier to engage in.

Grouping isn't hard at all, though. Autoaccept basically blurred the lines between being in a group and just sharing objectives with people in the game who also happened to be on that quest. There’s apparently plenty of you looking for a group, yet none of you accepting the others because pressing a key and a click is some monumental task all of a sudden.
08/11/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Icaañul
08/11/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Gauge
All you’re doing is spamming, reducing the chance you’ll be taken seriously.

No, what they're doing is called bumping. If that reduces the chances that the topic gets attention then they are bottom of the barrel in terms of customer service. No exaggeration.

Continuous bumping with nothing new added when the thread keeps falling like a rock is called spamming.
I don't know why anyone would be against convenience. If you want tedium, the vanilla servers will be out eventually and you can get all the tedium you want.
08/11/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Gauge
Refusing to think through and see the merits of the change while also acting like it’s more detrimental than it is doesn’t do much for anyone.

You’re right, no one ever quested with other people for the 12+ years Auto accept wasn’t a thing <_<
As someone who has been playing since 2004 and now mostly solo I cannot fathom why they would make grouping harder. At least to me all my favorite content has happened in groups why add friction to that process especially to those of us who have limited playtime but still want a social environment? Otherwise it’s back to being the only char doing the quest at the time. Makes the world feel lonely. If anything blizz should be looking to make large or even small group content easier to engage in.

Grouping isn't hard at all, though.
08/11/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Icaañul

No, what they're doing is called bumping. If that reduces the chances that the topic gets attention then they are bottom of the barrel in terms of customer service. No exaggeration.

Continuous bumping when the thread keeps falling like a rock is called spamming.
How often did you even use this feature?
08/10/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Stephen
08/10/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Daicemerolen
Today's hotfixes/patch notes just released

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195

still no mention
PremadeAutoAccept addon still working?

As of approx 2pm, yes.
08/11/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Ferowins
Unpopular opinion: im glad they removed it.. it changed too much of the game for players.
Please keep in mind that your experience is your own, just as my experience is my own. Game design in regard to cultivating and sustaining a healthy social community is naturally going to be nebulous and tumultuous territory to navigate by anyone. I respect you have a different opinion. I hope that you can in turn respect that someone like myself has the opposite opinion, for reasons no less valid than your own.
Grouping isn't hard at all, though.
Please read my post here - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767696713?page=41#post-817 - on why that is not true in all cases. I know I am representative of a small minority of the player population, but I believe that how I experience the social part of an MMORPG is worth consideration before any truly final decision is made by Blizzard's game designers about the ways in which they will or will not enable PUGs.

Edit: You edited your comment before I finished posting. I appreciate that you took the time to elaborate on your statement. I do see some of your point, in regard to "being in a group" and "just sharing objectives." However, there are instances of shared objectives already in the game - invasion rifts most recently. So, at some level Blizzard endorses that concept. I think the crux of the issue for Blizzard (in absence of any official statement) is sustaining a healthy social community. What is social? What is community? How are the two linked and what should that look like in World of Warcraft? It seems the game designers and a vocal portion of the players who post in the forums disagree on the answers.

Grouping isn't hard at all, though. Autoaccept basically blurred the lines between being in a group and just sharing objectives with people in the game who also happened to be on that quest. There’s apparently plenty of you looking for a group, yet none of you accepting the others because pressing a key and a click is some monumental task all of a sudden.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Continuous bumping with nothing new added when the thread keeps falling like a rock is called spamming.

No, it's spamming when it's one person who does it continuously.

There's quite a few of us.

We're keeping the discussion alive because discussion needs to take place.

If the thread was ONLY full of "Bump" posts, it'd be one thing, but there's plenty of discussion in between, as such, it's allowed.
All this does is give all the more reason to solo, instead of group.
08/11/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Sylandras
All this does is give all the more reason to solo, instead of group.

Which one would think should be antithetical to a Massively Multiplayer Online <insert game type>, no?

Maybe it should be changed to Massively Solo Online <insert game type> ?

MSORPG, it's the new trend!!
08/11/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Brisha
I personally think they will end up saying something.

With a business as big theirs and as successful, they’ll do the business tactic way which will consist of a board room meeting with some folks, probably moderator, ion and maybe some other key folks. They’ll discuss a “plan of action” which is just a business tactic of finding the “right words” to discuss this topic.

Eventually they’ll say a lot of things and use lots of words but won’t actualky give you an answer. They’ll just probably say that it was necessary for now and are planning something ahead and to HAVE FUN and ENJOY B4A! It’s typical boardroom talk. Plan out what to say and how to say it and get the topic and issue out quickly and then bank on an exciting announcement that has nothing to do with the issue at all.

Business politics will take over this issue. I guarantee it.

Right now their way of "saying something" is having Ion go on tour talking about how great he is and rolling out Metzen to say all of the critics want to kill Christie Golden in her sleep.

I'd be a lot more upset about this sort of thing if it wasn't par for the course for AAA devs now.

No, it's literally bumping. Just wtf could be "added?" It is bumping to keep the topic in view. Stop being a bootlicker. It isn't going to get you anything.
Decisions like this are why so many of the players are calling for dev's to be fired. Personally this feels like a very underhanded move on their part to try and sneak it in without warning or discussion. Then again the new developers; unlike the old Blizzard developers, are a bunch of cowards who think that any change for the sake of change is good as long as it fits their "vision". Never mind what the player base thinks.
08/11/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Maizou
08/11/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Ginvite

And we're not just gonna sit idly by and let them get away with it.

Here is our fight song Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It:

Oh we're not gonna take it
No, we ain't gonna take it
Oh we're not gonna take it anymore

We've got the right to choose it
There ain't no way we'll lost it
This is our life, this is our song

We'll fight the powers that be just
Don't pick our destiny 'cause
You don't know us, you don't belong

Oh you're so condescending
Your gall is never ending
We don't want nothin', not a thing from you

Your life is trite and jaded
Boring and confiscated
If that's your best, your best won't do

Oh Oh

We're right (yeah)
We're free (yeah)
We'll fight (yeah)
You'll see (yeah)

No way

Oh Oh

We're right (yeah)
We're free (yeah)
We'll fight (yeah)
You'll see (yeah)

Just you try and make us
We're not gonna take it
Come on!

You're all worthless and weak
We're not gonna take it anymore
08/11/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Majesta
Here is our fight song Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It:

I like it.
Here is my list of guiid issues that need to be addressed:

-01. Unbundle the "Is Officer" setting and allow guild masters to once again decide how to build their ranks.

-02. Fix the LOOKING FOR GUILD utility so that it mimics the LINK ability in the Community UI.

Basically when a user asks for an invite to guild a guild recruiter / officer can send the user a LINK to get invited to the guild even if the user is OFFLINE.

-03. Fix the bugs that are associated with the Community UI, especially if you do not modify it like I am requesting above.

For example: Seeing everyone who is OFFLINE in the CHATLOG window when you should show only those who are ONLINE maybe add a toggle for this.

-04. Fix the GUILD CHAT LOGS so that as guild master you can set the privacy level of it. Give users a privacy level toggle as well.

Basically a guildmaster should be able to make the guild logs record all the time, be privately recording for officers only, or be in full view all the time.

Also you should allow players to set their privacy level as well - record or not - when chat logs are in full view setting. Something they can change on the fly.

Example: User doesn't want to be recorded in guild chat: BOB: User has set privacy on his chat.

-05. Fix the LOOT MASTER setting to allow FULL GUILD GROUPS to still use loot master if they so choose, however once the PUG limit on a group has been hit (I believe its 3-4) you can no longer use the option.

Again this is for guilds not pug groups, this will stop bad apples from ninjaing gear/mounts but will ensure that people still have a choice in a guild. Also make all mount drops BOP untraceable this will ensure that you no longer receive tickets about people stealing mounts.

-06. Fix the AUTO-INVITE function its a detriment to smaller guild groups that it has been removed.

If you are doing a transmog run you basically can setup a minimum ilvl and auto-invite people for it, by removing auto-invite you basically are making it a more selective system and making it harder for players to find groups.

It might seem like a no-brainer but honestly when you are going through trash quickly in a run and just want to fill your ranks to have that "CLASSIC" big raid experience having to piece-meal invites is slow. Also it ruins the ability to invite while afk to the guild garrisons which many people still like to do for pet battles and what not.

-07. The Community UI can be used to build communities cross server but basically its a new way to CREATE AND CONTROL CHANNELS, however it fails to read OLD CHANNELS that you have created and ADD them to the Community UI.

So if you have an old channel called "HEALERS" it will not create a community for that channel unless you actually make that with the new UI. This means older channels do not get merged into the new channel that you create. Please add a button to allow channels to be merged.
Just want to chime in that I've been on both sides of this now. I don't get invited as often, or it takes them minutes to respond. When I make a group, I basically have to afk the entire thing because I'm too busy with the invites. I want to let everyone in who wants in. It's super annoying. The very worst part is that tons of people just won't care, and won't let people in once they've got their roll going. One of the worst mistakes ever if this was intentional.
Today I wanted to finish up the Argus achievement for 2000 demons. There were four groups. I had to repeatedly whisper the leaders to get them to notice me. Finally got in but it took a while.

This would have been an easy situation with auto invite. It was a week ago. They made it needlessly complicated. Now imagine trying to do a KT or Zandalari wotld boss in a week or two. Imagine how you’ll feel when you can’t get into a group and kill one because the leader is too busy killing the boss to invite you.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... many of you haven’t even realized how this shortsighted, asinine decision they won’t even acknowledge will kick you in the butt once the expansion drops.
08/11/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Srecha
I didn't read much of this thread...mainly because I have a low tolerance for incessant whining..

But did any of you stop to consider that, maybe, just maybe, Blizz may have enacted this change to dampen the Warmode LFG and premade raids somewhat as they try to figure a more solid solution?

You know..the same sort of server lagging, faction-stacking one shard, idiocy that people have been griping about?

Tbh, y'all brought this on yourselves.

Sorry, but I don't use Warmode. I hate pvp. So I'm paying a price for something I did not do by your logic.
08/08/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Waylay

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767556696?page=4#post-73

I'm just gonna leave this here, enjoy.

(technical information on this change and why it is extremely likely to only be a bug)

Apparently no one is reading beyond the first couple of pages.
Click that ^ link.
Read the longer post.
Get the addon so your own groups will have auto-accept.
Tell other people about the bug and work around via adon.