Fire spec. Need hope!

Mage
Its not about consistency, even with cd they are not doing great. But whatever i am saying nonsense. People that are not playing Fire mage know it better. I give up stupid forum people lol. Not even gonna bother.
08/18/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Icecreäm
Its not about consistency, even with cd they are not doing great. But whatever i am saying nonsense. People that are not playing Fire mage know it better. I give up stupid forum people lol. Not even gonna bother.

08/18/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Icecreäm
Byyyee!
Both of the Hot Streak finishers need to be buffed. Pyro hits like a wet noodle and Flamestrike may as well not exist.
I will jsut let this be here and people can think by themselves, not much to argue with uninformed people.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/targets-1-ilvl-340-fight-real/
Ye, we suck, can confirm, as soon as i hit level 116 it started to feel like that
Meh I do fine in the heroics I've been doing. Maybe the dps I group with all suck or maybe I'm god-tier fire mage (doubtful). Either way I have yet to step into a dungeon and it be even remotely difficult so I don't see much point in getting in a fuss over fire mage dps when instances can be done drunk and high.
Also what kind of fight are they simming that's 100% single target and the fire mage had 1% of his damage be scorch? Is the boss never below 30% or did their sim take the wrong talents? Also his ignite seems pretty low in that sim. Usually ignite is very high on damage.
I did fine on the meter tonight in Heroic, but I also got a couple drops that let me stack crit, and Lo...things started to feel right again.
Note: passive Azerite traits DO stack, so if you get two or three pieces of Azerite gear with the crit trait, run them all.
Haven't started gearing up yet, but I hit 120 yesterday and have been wrapping up the full campaign. Gear is terrible, but I've been running AMR sims comparing Frost to Fire and Arcane for my character specifically. I hadn't messed with azerite talents, but since I've been main-spec frost I use the generic DPS talents that apply to Fire and Arcane as well. The results have been pretty astonishing.

Frost according to my personal AMR sims is 50% DPS ahead of Fire and 22% DPS ahead of Arcane. So unless the spec specific Azerite talents for Frost and Arcane are worth 1000-2000 DPS apiece ahead of the generic DPS ones (they aren't according to sims) or Frost is the only viable spec currently unless you're arcane cheesing Mythics camping 4 stacks and drinking between pulls. In raids, unless my sims have some hitherto unknown error, Frost is going to be the only viable spec.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can explain why my sims are reporting such a staggering gap between the specs on Mythic+ and Single Target sims on AMR.
08/19/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Zeropointt
I did fine on the meter tonight in Heroic, but I also got a couple drops that let me stack crit, and Lo...things started to feel right again.
Note: passive Azerite traits DO stack, so if you get two or three pieces of Azerite gear with the crit trait, run them all.
Which is funny because simulations are still appearing to have Mastery and Versatility as our best two stats, not crit.

Crit basically makes the spec feel better to play and feel like it's doing more but the damage tuning is so off that you seem to be better off stacking the flat damage sources, especially given stats come down to choice A vs choice B.

Neither Fireball, Pyroblast, or Flamestrike have any real meat to them. Pyro hits only a couple thousand harder than a damn Fireball and the gap between the two spells is super small relative to the gap in previous expansions, especially if you use Duplicative Incineration traits on your gear.

edit: Multiple talents are also super underwhelming. Meteor, and to a lesser extent Living Bomb, are carrying Fire through dungeons. But the core base spells need a considerable buff as do our T6 and T7 talents.
08/19/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Clobberntime
08/19/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Zeropointt
Which is funny because simulations are still appearing to have Mastery and Versatility as our best two stats, not crit.

Crit basically makes the spec feel better to play and feel like it's doing more but the damage tuning is so off that you seem to be better off stacking the flat damage sources, especially given stats come down to choice A vs choice B.

Neither Fireball, Pyroblast, or Flamestrike have any real meat to them. Pyro hits only a couple thousand harder than a damn Fireball and the gap between the two spells is super small relative to the gap in previous expansions, especially if you use Duplicative Incineration traits on your gear.
I don't know where they're getting Mastery and Versatility from for Fire- Mastery only affects our DoT, and Versatility is a flat damage/healing increase that does matter but it's not proc'ing our Heating Up/HS. If I have to choose between speed/mobility and a (maybe) 2-4% damage increase I'd rather be able to pump it out fast because two instant-cast Pyros are still going to hit harder than 1 hard-cast at a 4% increase.
08/19/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Zeropointt
<span class="truncated">...</span>Which is funny because simulations are still appearing to have Mastery and Versatility as our best two stats, not crit.

I don't know where they're getting Mastery and Versatility from for Fire- Mastery only affects our DoT, and Versatility is a flat damage/healing increase that does matter but it's not proc'ing our Heating Up/HS. If I have to choose between speed/mobility and a (maybe) 2-4% damage increase I'd rather be able to pump it out fast because two instant-cast Pyros are still going to hit harder than 1 hard-cast at a 4% increase.
Because Mastery ends up being a flat damage bonus to everything that also gains additional value for AoE and cleave.

Crit feels better because you get to do your Hot Streak combo more. But that doesn't necessarily make it better DPS when Pyroblast hits like a wet noodle.

I'm not saying there's some gaping chasm of difference but it's concerning to see Crit down the list a bit due to Pyro and Flamestrike doing !@#$ all.
08/18/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Stephnrock
*Ignite counts for a lot of our damage but its death by a 1000 paper cuts. Ignite dots rarely do more then 120 damage. Ive not seen any over 200 in pvp setting.

Had my Ignite ticks for 649 in a BG just now. That's with 14% Mastery.

https://i.imgur.com/ZvdPeA2.jpg

Edit: checking Recount stats, highest Ignite DoT was 925.

https://i.imgur.com/tZfaNb5.jpg
Topic starter: So far I switched to Frost regardless of my own preferences. It's way less pressure from DM. I understand that some people can compete with Fire, but being a casual player, I just need to keep going without being booted. Frost is way obviously higher DPS with pretty much whatever gear you can get:)
Thanks to everyone who still stay the course:)
So one note I caught and may be hurting a bit is Fire's seeming dependency on Duplicative Incineration stacking. Where Arcane and Frost lack that dependency, even as good as triple Galvanizing is for Arcane, triple stacked Duplicative is a pretty notable increase in raw power. The two specs have a lot more leniency in their choice of Azerite armor.
WHY does pyro feel like garbage?

Which designer was okay with a massive, flaming ball of DEATH hitting weaker than my cancer-stricken grandma