Free Character Migration?

Customer Support
Will there be free migrations again soon? The lag on Area-52 is unbearable now...

There is such a delay when I am doing world quests that if I turned world pvp on I would never be able to do anything to defend myself. I have a 500mbps connection and there is nothing wrong with my ping etc.

I really hope blizz does the free transfers again :/
THere hasnt been one in years and probably wont be either if ur having lots of lag best to post in tech support and folow the suggestions there. Lag isnt always on blizzards end it can be on your 2 despite what you think.
08/18/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Darthwraith
THere hasnt been one in years and probably wont be either if ur having lots of lag best to post in tech support and folow the suggestions there. Lag isnt always on blizzards end it can be on your 2 despite what you think.

Come on to A52 and tell me the lag that the entire server is experiencing isn't Blizzards fault.
08/18/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Necrofeelyà
Come on to A52 and tell me the lag that the entire server is experiencing isn't Blizzards fault.
Nevertheless, you'll want to post in Tech Support. As for character migrations, they are not currently offered and no one here can affect that.
It's the price you pay for insisting on playing on a well-populated server during launch at prime time. All those folks you enjoy seeing in game are the cause of your lag.
08/18/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Baited
It's the price you pay for insisting on playing on a well-populated server during launch at prime time. All those folks you enjoy seeing in game are the cause of your lag.

BS. There should be no lag on high pop realms. The "price" you pay to play on a high pop realm should not be a broken game.
Again, nothing can be done about it here. If you wish to see Blizzard open up free transfers, post in General Discussion.

On a side note, you people on High Pop servers always complain every xpack about the lag, and wanting free transfers, but the last time they was offered no one took them.
Lag on Barthilas also. Intermittent.
08/19/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Concordia

Thanks for sharing,

Tech Support is that way--------------->

Tech Support forums:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011701/

There were also australian server issues last night, probably related, tech support would be better to deal with this though. Look up how to collect path ping and trace route information, that will be vital.

08/18/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Necrofeelyà

But is there a queue to log into the server that has been going on for more then 2 weeks? That is the only reason why they would consider migrations, and probably not as much as in the past as most of the time they could not get people to move even with free migrations.

It's hard to tell where your lag would be coming from. I would suggest also collecting the above information so that they can find out where it is. Most of Blizzard's own network is monitored directly though, but if outside issues happen, then tech support can reach out to the affected ISP and network backbone to correct that issue.
I came to the conclusion that free transfers aren't happening. Better for Blizzard to leave Area 52 in a crummy state as we're all addicted to this game and will fork out $25 to escape the misery. Sure we're mad, but let's face it: none of us have any intention of quitting over it.

It's a win-win for Blizzard. They're scooping up $25 a pop for the transfers and the more people that transfer, the lower the lag on Area 52.

I bit the bullet and transferred my Paladin to a medium population server. Just as I suspected, all of my connection issues were magically gone.

I've probably spent upwards of $500 over the past 11 years doing transfers. This is the first one I've resented because it shouldn't have been necessary.
08/19/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Kölgrath
I came to the conclusion that free transfers aren't happening.

Then you don't understand what character migration was about, again only to solve a queue problem, that was later solved by increased hardware, and sharding. Free transfers alone don't solve latency issues, and they will likely not decimate a servers population, when other possible fixes maybe implemented.
08/19/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Kölgrath
I came to the conclusion that free transfers aren't happening.
Blizzard offered free transfers, and in most cases players didn't take them.

You don't need to pay for transfers. Re-rolling on another realm is free.
08/19/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Kozzae
Then you don't understand what character migration was about

Achievement Earned: "Condescending reply from a MVP"

That came out of left field. You feeling ok? You must have been replying to the wrong post.
08/19/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Kölgrath
08/19/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Kozzae
Then you don't understand what character migration was about

Achievement Earned: "Condescending reply from a MVP"

That came out of left field. You feeling ok? You must have been replying to the wrong post.

I think you're reading into that a little too much.
i have both us and eu accounts, high pop eu servers are dealing with the same ah and guild bank lag
To those who are asking for character migrations. Would you take them or would you expect others to take them?
08/19/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Multan
i have both us and eu accounts, high pop eu servers are dealing with the same ah and guild bank lag

And they are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. There are threads with Blue posts detailing that