BFA Warlock its a joke

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
I haven't had any issues as a aff lock even at 120, it's going great
I disagree slightly, yes pets both for Locks and Hunters have some serious issues with AI and threat, but I don't think they're frail.

My affliction Lock who's at 117 (And has been capable of it since 110) takes out 3 or more enemies without much effort, you just have to actually use health funnel if you over pull, and it keeps my voidwalker alive just fine.

Unlike my hunter who gets 3 enemies and my pet dies even with health regen, assuming the damn thing pulls threat at all even with misdirect.

The biggest problem honestly is threat generation, it really makes me paranoid about leveling my tank alts.
You think your bad? Go look at Druid. Bottom of every dps meter sim and just barely above tanks. At least Boomies have a unique raid cooldown.
08/20/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Att
At 110 my void Walker could tank the entire zone.
sounds all the more reason to nerf it
I'm discovering this too. Even pets got whacked with bad scaling lol. At 110 my void Walker could tank the entire zone. As soon as I pinged 111 he began weakening. 112 a little less aggro'able, now 113 even less. Now if I just look at the mob I see my aggro climb and after the first chaos bolt I'm tanking and the voidwalker is just kinda standing there like an English cigarette

So just like Vanilla
My pet does fine tanking rares, but normal questing mobs kills the voidwalker so easily.
I semi-leveled my Hunter in BM and his pet can take on 8 mobs no problem, the voidwalker however can take 2-3 and sometimes you have to heal it, which is wasting casting time, or you summon a new one and hope their aoe taunt works enough times so you don't die in 3 shots.
08/20/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Justthegrip
I'm discovering this too. Even pets got whacked with bad scaling lol. At 110 my void Walker could tank the entire zone. As soon as I pinged 111 he began weakening. 112 a little less aggro'able, now 113 even less. Now if I just look at the mob I see my aggro climb and after the first chaos bolt I'm tanking and the voidwalker is just kinda standing there like an English cigarette

So just like Vanilla
lol yup and he'll be that same guy that is screaming bring back classic wow
Spec Affliction and melt faces. Spec into Siphon Life, and the PvP talent that makes your drain life refresh all your dots (except siphon life)

Put up dots
Drain life
????
Profit!
What really annoys me is when people come in here and say it's a L2P issue to somehow glorify themselves. I've been playing since vanilla and while you can get to 120 just fine as a warlock, our pets and our healing/defense is awful right now.

You're doing your own class a disservice by coming in here making light of issues. Our pets shouldn't be designed to die every single pull, which is exactly what happens if you don't spend 3-4 seconds healing them mid-fight. It did not feel enjoyable at all to level with my warlock.

Removing drain soul w/ health funnel built in was also a mistake. We have not been compensated at all for this change. Sure it was too powerful the way it was before, but to take it away without some sort of compensation was foolhardy.

Demonology was nerfed damage-wise too much for the amount of work that goes into it.

Destruction is extremely clunky at times and the shard generation feels awful. Also, where is ember Tap? Life drain makes zero sense. Give us MoP destruction back. Also, shadowburn a talent, really?

Affliction dots fall off way too fast because our GCD takes too long for a multidotter. I'm looking for any opportunity to cast shadow bolt and failing to find it. Either lower our gcd to one second like it should be, or increase the base duration of our dots.
08/20/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Bloodydark
it is really frustrating to level up gear up to find out that you die too easily

Welcome to lvl 120 where you die faster at that level even with better gear than you did at 110.

Tuning or something is WAY WRONG.... At level 110 I could hangle 2-4 mobs, now days at lvl 120 if I get the third or forth mob, well either CC or RUN FOREST!!
08/20/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Nebekinezzar
What really annoys me is when people come in here and say it's a L2P issue to somehow glorify themselves. I've been playing since vanilla and while you can get to 120 just fine as a warlock, our pets and our healing/defense is awful right now.

You're doing your own class a disservice by coming in here making light of issues. Our pets shouldn't be designed to die every single pull, which is exactly what happens if you don't spend 3-4 seconds healing them mid-fight. It did not feel enjoyable at all to level with my warlock.

Removing drain soul w/ health funnel built in was also a mistake. We have not been compensated at all for this change. Sure it was too powerful the way it was before, but to take it away without some sort of compensation was foolhardy.

Demonology was nerfed damage-wise too much for the amount of work that goes into it.

Destruction is extremely clunky at times and the shard generation feels awful. Also, where is ember Tap? Life drain makes zero sense. Give us MoP destruction back. Also, shadowburn a talent, really?

Affliction dots fall off way too fast because our GCD takes too long for a multidotter. I'm looking for any opportunity to cast shadow bolt and failing to find it. Either lower our gcd to one second like it should be, or increase the base duration of our dots.

Funny how you mention "L2P" and then don't realize that you're playing affliction wrong if you can't find moments to cast shadow bolt.

Either you don't have any haste or a really slow reaction time.

Nobody is saying it's "Just fine" though, but it's not as bad as people are making it sound, if your pet is dying every pull you're doing something wrong.
Demonology is pretty fun, Damage is lack luster. Also ive noticed a moderate amount of times Shadow bolt will just not genn a shard/ and demonbolt will only gen 1.

Destro shard gen after infernal is gone is GROSS, its beyond slow. Something def needs to be altered. Afflic ive never liked and that hasnt changed in BFA
My issue isn't that the VW can barely hold threat off me, but I pull threat as soon as I CB, I know I'm going to tank until taunt is back up. If there are multiple targets -- I use Havoc a ton, there's going to be multiple targets -- I become the tank.

Drain Life is terrible. Better luck trying to burn down an enemy before it kills you.
Really not satisfied with affliction pvp. Please restore
a) some of the pruned abilities. can we get curse of exhaustion and shadowflame slow back? baseline port or coil?
b) single target dot damage being at all relevant outside of CDs and UA stacking
c) felpup self-dispel
d) soul link and 100% siphon life

We have lost so much since Wrath/Cata and I cannot fathom why. Looking at arena participation history, aff was hardly ever overrepresented.
so y'all just dont tank huge mobs using grimoire of sac? i guess im just that good?
08/20/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Aærtime
Really not satisfied with affliction pvp. Please restore
a) some of the pruned abilities. can we get curse of exhaustion and shadowflame slow back? baseline port or coil?
b) single target dot damage being at all relevant outside of CDs and UA stacking
c) felpup self-dispel
d) soul link and 100% siphon life

We have lost so much since Wrath/Cata and I cannot fathom why. Looking at arena participation history, aff was hardly ever overrepresented.

if you cannot excel in BFA pvp as affliction than i am sorry bro but warlock is not the class for you. i melt everything i touch in about 2 seconds ezpz gitgud
Dark Pact has ALWAYS taken part of your HP if you DON"T HAVE AN ACTIVE PET. Try clicking Unending Resolve for a flat 40% damage reduction. Or do the smart thing and just take Demon Skin for the constantly regening shield.
Personally I rarely have an issue, some mobs he does get destroyed but a majority of the time he tanks fine for me right now.
08/20/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Voncarsteinx
so y'all just dont tank huge mobs using grimoire of sac? i guess im just that good?

Could be that or could be you having ilvl 320+ which is where the scaling issues seem to stop...
"It's a L2P issue"
"Aff Locks"

Yeah, no.