How are shamans in BfA PvP? (srs question)

Arenas
I'm going to be activating this weekend, but I am worried, as what I am reading on the forums is very discouraging. What I gather is that for PvP:

1) Ele is the usual easy pickins for melee, easily shut down by ranged.
2) Enh is decent, but very few weapons to get.
3) Resto is very underpowered due to lack of mobile healing throughput.

Are these the current state of things? PvP healing has been my lifetime mission, and I really don't want to play a druid this expac as it will feel like I am being unfaithful.

Any help or words of advice? Thanks guise.
in a word: bad.

Resto is playable, but lack of mobility and single target hps is not what it used to be makes its a shadow of what it once was.
Stickirickii seems to think that Ele's going to be in a good spot, and based on my 110 testing with the spec I actually think it'll be really strong. Utility, off-healing, and burst were all potent; I just think the changes hurt their sustained and solo play viability a bit (since you don't have Earthgrab or GoW anymore). Should be even better with proper azerite traits.
Thanks. Well, resto being playable vs enjoyable are two different things. As for Ele being good later, I honestly didn't expect much from it anyway. It hasn't been good for nearly a decade.
Resto's fine, I just think rdruid and disc are probably just far better, especially disc.
Terrible. Gust of wind is gone, the heals are crap, ele gets locked down and destroyed by rogue teams and that's all you'll ever see.

Enhancement is trash and the GCD change on bloodlust destroyed it's only gimmick which was instant burst pressure. No MS, wind shear sucks, and the offhealing is nowhere as powerful as other hybrids.

Rsham is stun --> dead. That's about all that'll happen to you. RMP will dance circles around you attacking whoever they please and then swap and kill you instantly any time they want to.

Ele is getting a rework in 8.1 and hopefully that saves this class
Like, strength aside, Ele's just so much less fun to play. It's just slow paced, building resource takes forever, flame shock dispels hurt significantly more, Fele is a massive chunk of your damage, and Aftershock Earthfury is entirely out of your hands.

Maybe you do a big ol crit and get a reset stun, and then another one, and then another.
Maybe you get a non-crit and do nothing.

Ele's damage swing has always been a thing and always been an issue, but it's a lot bigger issue in BFA.
08/22/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Tyranova
Like, strength aside, Ele's just so much less fun to play. It's just slow paced, building resource takes forever, flame shock dispels hurt significantly more, Fele is a massive chunk of your damage, and Aftershock Earthfury is entirely out of your hands.

That's what I don't like about Ele currently. No amount of damage buffs will make the spec feel good to play. We're Earth shock bots and every other ability we have is just to work our way to our next ES, rinse and repeat.
Doesn’t seem as bad as people are making it sound. Enh does solid constant damage with the right talents, I’m sure turbo will be a viable comp like it was in WoD. (I didn’t play in legion so idk if turbo was a thing) not super sure about Ele yet, will have to wait until I get full haste gear, at the moment it’s impossible to cast a 1.9 second lava burst while any melee are on you, especially rogues. Shaman has decent support you’ll just have to play with OP classes to form viable comps. Ele/rogue with stacking Azerite trait that increases earthshock damage should be good. But I’m sure anything/rogue will be good.
08/22/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Elefusion
08/22/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Tyranova

That's what I don't like about Ele currently. No amount of damage buffs will make the spec feel good to play. We're Earth shock bots and every other ability we have is just to work our way to our next ES, rinse and repeat.

which would be fine if earthshock actually looked cool. All that build up for an ability that hasn't been updated since vanilla
08/22/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Myracle
08/22/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Elefusion

which would be fine if earthshock actually looked cool. All that build up for an ability that hasn't been updated since vanilla

It was actually updated in 7.3 but that was to just make it look bigger the more maelstrom you spent which is a downside to the 60 base cost. Still very anticlimactic especially when enh crash lightning looks 100x better as an aoe use on CD ability
I’m loving that people think enhance is sht, because I feel op as hell right now, maybe everything is just op.

Enhance self heals are insane btw
Ele is gonna be bottom of tier 1 most likely for season 1.

It will get better and better from Stat scaling but we are already in a really good spot imo.
Ele is rly good its just a different playstyle. More of a set up class now rather than just padding
Ele has great numbers, but the playstyle is really slow and awkward. It can be hard to get away from a melee train too.

Enh is ok. Not bad, not great.

Resto is pretty good. We lack the raw healing of other classes, but we've got a lot of other things going for us. We've got great burst healing, which is fantastic for this meta. We're also really tough to cc between grounding totem, trinket, and pillaring in ghost wolf. Not to mention that a smart healing stream/healing tide will allow us to heal while cc'd.

I also don't know why people are saying we aren't mobile. You can talent ghost wolf to have +70% movement speed and cast while on the move. We also have 4 instant cast heals.

Rshams haven't even come close to hitting their full potential. Crit is more important to us than any other secondary stat to any other healer. Maybe druids + haste, but you get the point. Not to mention that the surging tides trait is a 3-stack must for pvp, and I'm sure barely anyone has that atm.

Most importantly - they're fun. Ultimately, that's what you should base your pick off of. Unless you want to play holy priest. !@#$ that noise.
What are people talking about lack of mobility for resto? Lol

You lost one thing, gust of wind. You still have earthbind, increased GW speed OR root, baseline stun, and have Spirit Walker's Grace. Hell, you can even talent into Spectral Recovery to even furthermore increase your GW speed, plus heal (on top of Azerite traits that can increase both of these, too lol).

If anything, I feel Shaman's only got stronger from these changes. Now your DR + MS stacks don't fall off after a duration, so you never have to keep reapplying and building up the stacks.
The only way Ele will be playable in 3 v 3 early on is double caster zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Elemental still felt decent on prepatch because I had 20% haste but even after one level and my haste went down it's already feeling awkward.. the FS is awful and I suspect that's one of the things they will address in 8.1 I'm still alting my ele over my boomkin because I like recking bad players who fotm but don't expect anything fun or even great. They took the class from sustained electric wizard to random earth shoc mechanics and it's really bad imo.