We(the heroes) Need to Lose

General Discussion
I could see something like that happening between expansions, they pretty much already did it last expansion with the artifact weapons. Sargeras being sealed and stabbing the planet was kind of a loss in a way.
08/24/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Sephiram
If you want to lose fights, the Alliance is waiting for you.

This.

/thread
08/24/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Orthane
So far as an Alliance player I feel like I've been losing a lot. War of Thorns, Lordaeron, and Brennadam have all been loses for Ally. On a more serious note having to start at level 1 gear again in an MMO would ruin the whole point of playing for the last 11 years and building up my character.
Agree, but the truth is, we haven't "built up" our characters since WoD. The only "build up" that occurs after level 100 comes from temporary buffs provided by gear that will be scrapped and reset at the end of the expansion.
Drunk
Or you can just roll up an alt.
08/24/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Nishaun

A hero is more than the gear that they wear.

You are not your eff'ing legplates.
08/24/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Silfer

Except the defeat is hollow at best. Oh no he killed a major character, que dramatic music! Nope just fine in the very next scene.

Well, we lost Meffrid, who had been a character we'd known since like level 22 or 24, and who was being positioned as being a major deal in the story up until that point. We also were dealing with a resistance that felt basically defeated at that point with morale at its lowest, and so had to go for a hail mary revolution in a completely different province and hope it worked...

Also, knowing how they play death scenes, it was obvious (well, should have been if you were paying attention) that Y'shtola taking that hit wasn't meant to show a death, but rather leave you wondering what had happened going into that fight as a means of creating tension. That feeling of tension in that moment was far more important than permanently offing a character (which they've done before, will do again, and had just done right before the scene you're talking about).
08/24/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Snowfox
Ah, it's Horde asking to lose.

I can see why Horde would want the devs to give them that unique experience.

We're just used to it at this point tbh.
08/24/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Astya
I liked the intro quests to Kul Tiras where we were thrown into prison with nothing but rags to wear. I mean yeah your gear is still there when you check your character tab, but the illusion of it was cool. I really would have liked to have escaped with nothing, only earning my stuff back after a long quest chain that comes back around after I've finished all the zones, wearing borrowed gear I find along the way.

So you want to level to 120 with borrowed gear and the reward is 230 gear you already earned, that is useless to you now?

YAY.........I got vendor trash!!!!!
what we once was

Never forget.
Without our artifact weapons or the Titans or the holy space goats or Illidan, an enemy like Azshara should backhand us into last week's reset, no question.
Oh my thread is on the front page again. I thought I lost you.