What do you think of BFA so far?

General Discussion
BfA hasn't wowed me like Legion did.

Legion was incredible, it shook WoW's foundation pretty hard, but BfA? just feels like more of the same rather than an improvement to Legion.

I mean, it is still launch so maybe Blizz has some surprises for us later, but so far it's just ok.

As for the Amulet, it still has me scratching my head. THIS is better than artifact weapons? Really? Feels like a huge step backwards.

I think they should have just kept the artifact weapon system going and just gave us new set of weapons and another set of skins to unlock for them.
The funnest part was the stories in each zone while leveling. I still need to finish a couple on my velf, but I got them all done on Horde side.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the rep grind for the war campaign. Probably gonna start leveling alts just because again soon.
I personally have nothing positive to say about BfA at this point. My friends all disagree with me and that's cool, I'm glad they're enjoying it. I'm definitely over the giant temple labyrinth that Horde starts in, irritates me beyond belief. Haven't played my alliance characters at all so far but I doubt the experience over there would wow me enough to keep me interested.
i think blizz knocked it out of the park so far. most i've enjoyed an xpac since i started playing in cata.
Loving it, but I love wow. I work a lot, so I'm a casual. I know people have valid concerns, but I'm from the old school way of thinking. I adjust my playstyle to the game rather than expecting the reverse. If it's not appealing, I find another game. I haven't had to yet.

Just doing emmisary, quests, daily heroic,weekly expeditions, and professions I'm revered with the three allied factions and honored with the turtles and 7th legion.

Having time to sit down for a few hours and play wow is very relaxing. I enjoy the work and attention to detail put into crafting a world.
08/24/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Mute
I personally have nothing positive to say about BfA at this point. My friends all disagree with me and that's cool, I'm glad they're enjoying it. I'm definitely over the giant temple labyrinth that Horde starts in, irritates me beyond belief. Haven't played my alliance characters at all so far but I doubt the experience over there would wow me enough to keep me interested.

Drustvar will change your mind.
Haveing a blast first expansion that im enjoying leveled my main then alts alot.
Meh.

Mostly novelty at the moment. Ask again in 2 weeks, one full "billing" cycle.
08/24/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Cloudshift
Art: A+Music: A+
Story: B
New Experiences: D
New Game Mechanics: D
Character Progression: F-
Dungeons: B

I have only done one dungeon, so I would have to grade that- incomplete. other wise, I completely agree. it's playable, but where is the fun?

my biggest pet peeve with this x-pac is zone density. it seems like you are just constantly fighting 2 or3 mobs. you stop to pick an herb, and you have to fight 2 mobs. you can't go 30 feet over there without getting dazed, and fighting another mob or two. you have to kill 10 - 15 mobs just to get to the WQ, so that you can kill 10 - 15 mobs. give me a break. is this a game, or a job?

ilvl scaling is just a completely stupid idea. it's just brainless. there is just zero progression. scaling should stop at character level.
One word: Unrewarding
I am having a good time so far. I could only imagine how much more fun I would have if the class design was good.
Art: A++
Couldn't be better.

Music: A++++++
I actually have a ton of BfA music on my playlist. I listen to it just while chillin or reading. Wonderful.

Questing: C+
It's pretty generic, kill 10, collect 10 sort of thing, but I still enjoy it.

Leveling: F---
There's no character progression besides getting weaker as we level, no new abilities or talent tiers. Awwwful. I can't even bring myself to log in and level, which is why I'm at lvl 114.

Endgame: D-
Not a whole lot to do that is actually fun. Rep grind, islands, and the war effort thing? It's stuff to do, but it sucks.

New stuff: F
it just feels like a massive Legion patch to me.

New mechanics: F--
The Azerite system is awful. Island Expeditions bore me to death and the rewards suck. And, once again, instead of actually doing stuff, we're sending "champions" on missions. Aren't WE the champions? Wtf?!

Story: B+
Pretty solid. I enjoy a lot of the characters.

Dungeons: C
Look pretty good, but there is WAY too much trash, and tanking is an absolute nightmare.

Overall: Not a terrible expansion.
I love it! I’m currently at 337 ilvl almost revered with every faction. I give it a 8.5/10 only thing I hate is going to Kul Tiras for WQ’s as I hate those zones so much. But I’m getting close to my allied race
I found it difficult to follow. Everything is not intuitive. Azerite gear is not intuitive. Bolarus is not intuitive, I kept getting lost trying to get to somewhere. There's always this wall that blocks me.
Trying to find treasures and rare elites is also tedious because they are never on the same level as you, and I have to check wowhead to find the cave entrance that leads to that underground place.

It could be me being jaded. But overall BfA is not intuitive.
08/24/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Axm
08/24/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Mute

Drustvar will change your mind.

I dunno man, I don't think anything they can ever come out will have me fangirling harder than I did when I explored Val'sharah for the first time.
BFA - The Legion PVP addition. As if PvP was suddenly any more fun by the changes made thus far.
The art/music/storyline is great. After that? Meh.
Been enjoying it a lot so far actually got a weapon from a quest to replace my awesome artifact which surprised me. The zones and questing are really fun and the new hunter pets are a nice addition.
I really like it so far, can't judge it much though since we are only 2 weeks in.
I think they should change the name to 'Battle for Turtle', it's all that anyone will remember about the expac anyway.