Still waiting for the Alliance version of...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
08/26/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Draile
08/26/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Atillus
You mean like how the Alliance got a VERY slightly extended Broken Shore Cinematic?

While the Horde got two full ones?

Nope. I mean the one exclusive quest series that Alliance players got that lead to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSowKTA61Q

Even gave extra artifact power to Alliance players for completing in.

I know things I hard with your memory,though. Especially when for such an Alliance fan you just confused Anduin with Varian.

Goodness you're dense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX8BiEI5c6c

08/26/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Hamstar
08/26/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Sorelai

Not sure why you would even expect it. The Alliance lost both major battles so far. The King of Stormwind sits on his throne and everything is back to normal as far as he is concerned. Nothing to see here. Nothing to celebrate in a video.

So driving horde out of undercity and taking over a big chunk of that territory is losing to you? What would it have taken for you to consider it a win?

Also do you think "old soldier" is a celebratory video?

Lordaeron was technically a victory, although an extremely small one considering the entire city got destroyed on the Horde's terms and we still got Sylvanas' smug, arrogant self telling us to "muzzle our dog".

And in what way was Old Soldier not a celebratory video? The entirety of Reddit and the forums were full of posts about how they now hated the Horde, and after the cinematic released reminding them why they're fighting, the complaints magically disappear.
08/26/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Sorelai
08/25/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Atillus
Old Soldier....any day now...surely.

Not sure why you would even expect it. The Alliance lost both major battles so far. The King of Stormwind sits on his throne and everything is back to normal as far as he is concerned. Nothing to see here. Nothing to celebrate in a video.

I see your point.

The Horde laid multiple traps for the Alliance. The Alliance escaped them all, and took out the top secret Horde war weapon. And captures a major Horde leader. And forces the Horde out of a major city/area.

Total loss for the Alliance.

I swear. Unless the Alliance gets to raid a Horde city, kill its warchief, and dismantle the Horde, and cause WoW servers to shut down....its a total loss.
08/26/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Araiel
08/26/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Draile

Nope. I mean the one exclusive quest series that Alliance players got that lead to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSowKTA61Q

Even gave extra artifact power to Alliance players for completing in.

I know things I hard with your memory,though. Especially when for such an Alliance fan you just confused Anduin with Varian.

Goodness you're dense.

08/26/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Hamstar

So driving horde out of undercity and taking over a big chunk of that territory is losing to you? What would it have taken for you to consider it a win?

Also do you think "old soldier" is a celebratory video?

Lordaeron was technically a victory, although an extremely small one considering the entire city got destroyed on the Horde's terms and we still got Sylvanas' smug, arrogant self telling us to "muzzle our dog".

And in what way was Old Soldier not a celebratory video? The entirety of Reddit and the forums were full of posts about how they now hated the Horde, and after the cinematic released reminding them why they're fighting, the complaints magically disappear.

Remind me.

Was Old Soldier the video where Saurfang was pouty the entire time. Tried to go off and kill himself. But a lvl 1 ele sham delayed him? Didn't even talk him out of it. Just slowed him down enough that morning hit/the battle started?

What about that was supposed to get me excited?

Zappyboi was more popular than Saurfang was after the Saurfang centered video.
08/26/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Araiel
08/26/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Hamstar

You had the entire war of the thorns quest involving those people. Also what story do you want to be told about it?

That's news to me. Last I checked, we got no reaction whatsoever on the war of thorns from them except seeing their leader stand in a room at Stormwind.

And what story would I like to be told? I dunno, maybe one about how pissed off they are that their entire homeland got burned down would be a start?

How does that relate to "old soldier"? Again "old soldier" is the telling of what made Saurfang believe as he does and why he felt he had to leave the horde. It is a retelling of his back story. What character do you feel needs that on alliance? I mean are you just being jealous for the sake of jealously?

Totally equal to an epic fight scene.

Dear god man. You don't think it was a major victory because it was Sylvanas who self destructed UC and made fun of your leaders? Yeah that totally off sets our lose of a capital (which was our blight manufacturing base) and the areas around it.

There is litterally no pleasing some of you.
08/26/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Akston

Goodness you're dense.

Remind me.

Was Old Soldier the video where Saurfang was pouty the entire time. Tried to go off and kill himself. But a lvl 1 ele sham delayed him? Didn't even talk him out of it. Just slowed him down enough that morning hit/the battle started?

What about that was supposed to get me excited?

Zappyboi was more popular than Saurfang was after the Saurfang centered video.

You're in the complete minority if Old Soldier wasn't something that rekindled your love for the Horde.

08/26/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Hamstar
08/26/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Araiel

That's news to me. Last I checked, we got no reaction whatsoever on the war of thorns from them except seeing their leader stand in a room at Stormwind.

And what story would I like to be told? I dunno, maybe one about how pissed off they are that their entire homeland got burned down would be a start?

How does that relate to "old soldier"? Again "old soldier" is the telling of what made Saurfang believe as he does and why he felt he had to leave the horde. It is a retelling of his back story. What character do you feel needs that on alliance? I mean are you just being jealous for the sake of jealously?

Are you ignoring everything that I said? Why do Horde get a big !@# cinematic on why they shouldn't feel bad about burning down the tree, while Alliance, the people who it actually happened to, get nothing? Where is our moment? Why are the leaders of those people completely nonexistent in this expansion?

And I'm not "being jealous for the sake of jealousy". In a game that has two separate factions with people on both sides, they ought to make both sides feel prideful of their factions, and actually give them moments that make them feel proud to be a part of their faction. The Horde got a CGI cinematic, the Alliance got nothing. That's pure bias, plain and simple.
08/26/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Hamstar

Totally equal to an epic fight scene.

Dear god man. You don't think it was a major victory because it was Sylvanas who self destructed UC and made fun of your leaders? Yeah that totally off sets our lose of a capital (which was our blight manufacturing base) and the areas around it.

There is litterally no pleasing some of you.

I never said it has to be an epic fight scene. The guy was saying that the Horde got nothing while the Alliance got the Anduin cinematic. Not every cinematic has to be an epic fight scene, but I'd at least like each side to get something.

And I have no problem saying that it was a victory. My issue has always been the way that it's portrayed. What am I supposed to feel proud about my faction for, when even in our victories, we're portrayed as incompetent and literally have the other faction leader yelling at us that we won nothing?
"Horde is so favored by the developers because they always have the spotlight."

You mean the spotlight they're shining on us dropping bombs on babies, using biological weapons on our own soldiers, or literally burning a civilization to the ground while we make music of their dying screams? Yeah, I'm feeling real great about all this attention. Sieg friggin Heil.
08/26/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Araiel
What am I supposed to feel proud about my faction for, when even in our victories, we're portrayed as incompetent and literally have the other faction leader yelling at us that we won nothing?

Varian Wrynn's honorable sacrifice did nothing for you? I thought that was a little heavy-handed on the pro-Alliance side, myself. Much better than Horde got out of their Green Jesus story.
08/25/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Tannyya
08/25/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Athearia
Your compensation is getting to play the better faction

That's your opinion. From my own perspective alliance cant pvp their way out of a wet paper bag. AND they took away my original character model!!!!! Now Hestia is as homely as your toon.
Alliance bgs are a nightmare, never have I heard 'go die' 'I hope you die of cancer' etc etc this much in the last few years

Its not the better faction, just you happen to like it more, I adore Hestia, my beautiful daughter plays horde side, she doesn't like any of the alliance races. And I am absolutely fine with that, its a game, she didn't join a cult or the communist party

Without knowing your daughter's actual age group, I can only hope that she is NOT so young that she can understand that committing genocide and using mass biowarfare weapons ON A WHIM is not just totally unacceptable, it is an unforgivable crime.
08/26/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Araiel
In a game that has two separate factions with people on both sides, they ought to make both sides feel prideful of their factions, and actually give them moments that make them feel proud to be a part of their faction.

This. There shouldn't be a favored and a not favored faction. There shouldn't be the 'cool' faction and the boring faction. There shouldn't be a gets all the new stuff faction and a gets recycled crap faction. There shouldn't be a always gets development time first faction and a we'll see how much time is left over faction.

They should be treating both sides relatively equally in terms of effort and passion. This pretty clearly isn't the case.
I believe we could get a part 2. Just to see Saurfang interact with the Alliance leaders.
08/25/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Athearia
I actually feel kind of bad for the Horde this time around. Their “purpose” this expansion seems pretty hollow.

You're right, winning two major battles in the pre-expansion event is just too much for Horde to bear. They could definitely use another high budget CG cinematic.
Ya I wouldn’t count on it, but... if it was going to happen they would drop it at blizzcon or something, not out of the blue now that pre-launch promo is done
08/25/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Êadweard
Don’t count on that. Blizzard will never move a finger to make a CGI Alliance-only cinematic. We are prohibited to ask for cool things. Maybe they’ll release another cinematic about Saurfang still being sad.

Probably a cinematic of HORSES. THE ALLIANCES NEEDS MORE HORSES.

(Tbh, they are quite beautiful; full props to the art department.)

I still don't get what Saurfang's issue is. He has been a pretty enthusiastic participant of several full on and attempted genocides already. The Draenei, the first war, the second war, the third war. Why is his fifth attempt at it the 'oh we've gone too far now' point? Doesn't really make much sense why he of all people would even care at all that they just wiped out the NE race. His whole story feels pretty hamfisted in BFA.
Ummm… why does Alliance need an Old Soldier cinematic? We had that Anduin cinematic/cutscene on the Broken Shore that was Alliance only.
08/26/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Moonfalls

I still don't get what Saurfang's issue is. He has been a pretty enthusiastic participant of several full on and attempted genocides already. The Draenei, the first war, the second war, the third war. Why is his fifth attempt at it the 'oh we've gone too far now' point? Doesn't really make much sense why he of all people would even care at all that they just wiped out the NE race. His whole story feels pretty hamfisted in BFA.

Because they used un-honorable means to commit the "genocide." Saurfang is all about honor, if you had watched the Old Soldier cinematic you would know that.
08/26/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Zaisun
Ummm… why does Alliance need an Old Soldier cinematic? We had that Anduin cinematic/cutscene on the Broken Shore that was Alliance only.

Horde also had a cinematic for Sylvanas becoming warchief that was horde only.
08/26/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Moonfalls
08/26/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Araiel
In a game that has two separate factions with people on both sides, they ought to make both sides feel prideful of their factions, and actually give them moments that make them feel proud to be a part of their faction.

This. There shouldn't be a favored and a not favored faction. There shouldn't be the 'cool' faction and the boring faction. There shouldn't be a gets all the new stuff faction and a gets recycled crap faction. There shouldn't be a always gets development time first faction and a we'll see how much time is left over faction.

They should be treating both sides relatively equally in terms of effort and passion. This pretty clearly isn't the case.

Good point.

See. There is a reason the Alliance has to act "stupid" and "dumb". Its because the bad writing has bent over backwards to make sure the Alliance is the strongest faction in every way possible.

The Alliance has the strongest lore characters. The only "strong" one on the Horde side is Sylvanas. No one on the Horde side comes close to Jaina. She could solo the entire Horde if she wanted. She basically has. Multiple times.

The Alliance has the larger military.

The Alliance has the more technologically advanced military.

The Alliance has more war assets (Vindicaar and the Ghost Ship).

The only advantage the Horde sorta has is smarter leadership in Syvlanas. Nevermind the fact that the Alliance constantly remind us she has lost every major battle she has lead. Nevermind the fact she lost her own home city due to Jaina and Alleria typing in I-Win codes like they have a Game Genie. And after all this, the Alliance is basically pissed off they don't get to kill her.

So when you have bad writing that gives you a huge advantage in literally every single aspect of the game (from a military perspective), the only way for the Horde to survive is if bad writing bails them out.

You want the Alliance to act smarter? To be more interesting? There is a way to do that. Start asking for the Horde to not be so garbage. Start asking for the Horde to have powerful lore characters. Start asking for the Horde to be as strong as the Alliance.

Until then, deal with the fact that the Alliance has to act stupid to overcome the fact every thing is handed to them.

Or do what I expect you to do. Ignore everything that benefits the Alliance. Ignore everything that hurts the Horde. Whine about Horde Bias.